• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

I'm not exactly worried about giving horford the max...remember we can spend all our cap money or majority then go over the cap to give horford his max deal. Problem is we probably can't resign Bazemore for cheap and that sucks.

the problem isn't giving horford the max ya see...it's the fact that other players will continue to look at the Hawks in free agency and walk right pass us. We need a big man that's reliable, we need a gasol to add to horford and Sap but if we are being realistic the biggest name in free agency we could probably get is Noah.

anyone who's banking on is getting batum or any other decent player mind as well get over that and just hope horford ties to Noah will atleast bring him to ATLANTA. 

One last thing I also believe that Bud is going to retain or try to retain both Teague and Dennis when the time comes. We will have the same team, same players who don't attract talent in free agency. If that's the path Bud wants to take then he's putting a lot of burden on horford, sap, Teague....I expect greatness from these 3 from this day on assuming they will all stay Hawks after today.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Which talented players were we getting for Horford?   Fatty Sullinger and Injured shoulder Olynik?

Who knows for sure. Who would have thought shumpert and mozgov would have been so important to the cavs last year? 

We saw last year what this roster is capable at the very best. Everyone was having a career year. And we still got swept. I just think it's incredibly stubborn to continue thinking Buds plan is all it will take to get us a title. 

Just now, kg01 said:

Man, Andy's off the island I guess.

I wonder what incentive Portland got for taking Andy.  They are way below the salary floor so they can absorb his contract.

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Does he help us win more than Horford does?  It's debatable but I'm doubtful on it.  When you factor in the fact that Horford is imminently more sign-able, that kills the deal.  On top of that, it's likely HOU wants Horford AND more from us for Howard.  That's an easy 'no'.

Fans don't really care, they just want a superstar on the team.

3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

(Eastern Conference) CHAMPIONSHIP!

~lw3

Yup people think it's a joke but we just allowed lebron to get his hands on another big man that's great at shooting 3s. Don't care if his game is good anywhere else the 3ball effect is going to scorch the east when lebron kicks out of the 3 man double team he commands in the paint.

Just now, Afro said:

Who knows for sure. Who would have thought shumpert and mozgov would have been so important to the cavs last year? 

We saw last year what this roster is capable at the very best. Everyone was having a career year. And we still got swept. I just think it's incredibly stubborn to continue thinking Buds plan is all it will take to get us a title. 

That's an incomplete way of looking at things.  Any Cavs' "impact" has to be viewed in light of the fact that Jaimes is their teammate.  We don't have a LeighBron so simply making a move (even a solid one) isn't the end of the story for us.  We need significant talent upgrades more so than the Cavs needed.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Fans don't really care, they just want a superstar on the team.

Says who?  Granted, some folks are ok with that, but I'd say most real fans want to win.

1 minute ago, Afro said:

They have LeBron.  

You can add those kind of players to a LeBron and they can excel.   Adding them to the Cavs minus LeBron, not the same thing.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They have LeBron.  

You can add those kind of players to a LeBron and they can excel.   Adding them to the Cavs minus LeBron, not the same thing.

Stop cheating off my paper. :laugh:

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's an incomplete way of looking at things.  Any Cavs' "impact" has to be viewed in light of the fact that Jaimes is their teammate.  We don't have a LeighBron so simply making a move (even a solid one) isn't the end of the story for us.  We need significant talent upgrades more so than the Cavs needed.

And where do you suggest we get them? Bud doesn't seem to like drafting guys and we just add pieces in free agency. 

I think we all realize we need new guys but half the site scoffs at any alternative to getting them. Everyone knows this team isn't winning anything. So what exactly is the plan? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Bingo that's why a player like Channing Frye is going to hurt the east while on a team with Lebron. People better wake up and smell the coffee! Lebron has been to 6 straight finals. The east doesn't threaten him, it's whoever his opponent is in the NBA finals. No east team maybe other than the magic are preparing themselves to best lebron and the cavs. The east in many ways are a joke. There's a lot of good teams but matchup wise nobody is trying to adjust a team to beat lebron. 

AS I SAID LAST YEAR...DOESNT MATTER IF YOU MAKE IT TO THE ECF....YOU HAVE TO BEAT LEBRON! HE WILL BE THERE WAITING ON YOU!

2 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

I would love to get a story from@gray mule on his feelings when the rotary phone was replaced by the push button phone and ultimately the free football phone from sports illustrated.

Sid anyone here have one of the old car phones like Michael Douglas in Wall Street?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being 62 years old, I grew up with the rotary phone.  Things got "modern" when the looooong phone cords became available (about 15 feet long) so you could move around when you talked on the phone instead of just having to stand right next to it.  

I also had a Michael Douglas phone in my car.  Got it around 1988.  I distinctly remember when "portable" cell phones came out and my saying to a friend, "Why would anyone need a portable cell phone?  If you leave your car phone and go inside there are always phone available."  I changed my mind ...

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

And where do you suggest we get them? Bud doesn't seem to like drafting guys and we just add pieces in free agency. 

I think we all realize we need new guys but half the site scoffs at any alternative to getting them. Everyone knows this team isn't winning anything. So what exactly is the plan? 

My recommendation is offseason trades rather than deadline (today) trades.  Trust me, I hate the fact that they devalue the draft.  That's our downfall.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They have LeBron.  

But that's my point. The fact that you can't do that with any player on the Hawks tells all of us that this isn't a title winning team and no amount of thabos will change that. Hawks need to make a move. Outside of millsap, we haven't.