• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

My recommendation is offseason trades rather than deadline (today) trades.  Trust me, I hate the fact that they devalue the draft.  That's our downfall.

I agree with everything you're saying. I'm more responding to that tweet I guess. The part where it talks about keeping our core. I think that is Buds plan. And it's going to be a failure every single time. 

1 minute ago, Afro said:

And where do you suggest we get them? Bud doesn't seem to like drafting guys and we just add pieces in free agency. 

I think we all realize we need new guys but half the site scoffs at any alternative to getting them. Everyone knows this team isn't winning anything. So what exactly is the plan? 

I do agree that we need to fix our drafting.

But in terms of the trade deadline right now - I just don't see the 'talent' we are getting back in a Horford trade from Boston.  And I'm not even talking equal talent.  In terms of players, Boston wasn't including Smart, Bradley or Crowder, they're offering guys like Lee, Sully, Olynik, Young,  Rozier and Hunter.  That's a bad deal.

• Premium Member

I'm not going to fault our management for standing still.  Even when I was anti-Ferry and anti-ASG, I still understood the fact that you can't do what you can't do.  If teams don't want to give us fair value, we can't just make a deal to simply make it.

However, this is what happens when you take no risks and put having a consistently competitive team above all else.  The problem that I have is with the way that we hold onto guys until there is no value left - either they're coming up on FAcy or they've played all of their "potential" out and are exposed.  This is what happened with the last crop of guys we drafted (Marvin/Smoove) and lives on through Horf, Teague, and Dennis.  We hold on for consistency's sake, but we're consistently average.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I do agree that we need to fix our drafting.

But in terms of the trade deadline right now - I just don't see the 'talent' we are getting back in a Horford trade from Boston.  And I'm not even talking equal talent.  In terms of players, Boston wasn't including Smart, Bradley or Crowder, they're offering guys like Lee, Sully, Olynik, Young,  Rozier and Hunter.  That's a bad deal.

I can agree with the no good deal theory. But I honestly think we just plan on keeping horford. Which is just absolutely dumb IMO unless you blow up everything around him. 

I just can see that this team isn't winning and horford is our biggest piece to get talent in here. Maybe the guys we get in return don't work. Who knows. But we do know what we have won't work. Might as well take the shot. 

2 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I'm not going to fault our management for standing still.  Even when I was anti-Ferry and anti-ASG, I still understood the fact that you can't do what you can't do.  If teams don't want to give us fair value, we can't just make a deal to simply make it.

However, this is what happens when you take no risks and put having a consistently competitive team above all else.  The problem that I have is with the way that we hold onto guys until there is no value left - either they're coming up on FAcy or they've played all of their "potential" out and are exposed.  This is what happened with the last crop of guys we drafted (Marvin/Smoove) and lives on through Horf, Teague, and Dennis.  We hold on for consistency's sake, but we're consistently average.  

I tend to agree, in general.  It all comes back to the draft for me though.  If we'd make better picks, we could actually trade guys and feel comfortable that we won't fall of a shelf.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Omg I'm so excited....I'm gonna need 5 minutes...maybe 1....:-/

:ohmy:

1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

#ImToldShelvin

~lw3

So we love helping the Spurs(Tiago) and the Jazz(Mack)...apparently any coach previous in Spurs regime...next up we will throw Brett a freebie in Philly and maybe Kerr in GS and whomever else I'm forgetting ...sigh

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah...we have an open roster spot.:angry:

We actually have two open roster spots now (with Splitter out for the year).  

I wonder if this portends an actual trade for someone valuable.