• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I tend to agree, in general.  It all comes back to the draft for me though.  If we'd make better picks, we could actually trade guys and feel comfortable that we won't fall of a shelf.

:ohmy:

If we drafted better though...we'd have been better off and not likely looking at trades.

The Teague/Shchroeder conundrum is exactly like the Smoove/Horford situation.  How many times did we say that ONE of those guys needed to be dealt?  Long before we became disenfranchised with Smoove, many of us (us non-millionare, non-NBA experince having, armchair GMs) knew that there was duplication of talent and an opportunity there.  Especially with Marv also in the frontcourt rotation.  In the same way we speculated on our PG duplication a season ago, we speculated on Horf/Smoove back then.

The same arguments and logic prevailed: hold firm, it's too soon, we don't know the ceiling of the core, we just need to tweak, this front court could work, etc.  And I get it.  Problem is, we won't break consistency or take chances.  So we continually hold on and our seasons, trade deadlines, and post seasons every year hold the same pattern.

At some point, I think you have to take a risk.  Not just for the sake of change, but to break the cycle...and it's going to take a bold move at the right time (which again, is improbable when consistency is the driving factor).

• Like 1

Just now, macdaddy said:

So holding pat with a frontcourt rotation of Sap, Horf, Scott, Moose, and Taveres.   Seems like a great plan for the playoffs.  Still hoping....

Yep a great  plan.............. if they are planning any fishing trips or vacations in early May.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wretch said:

If we drafted better though...we'd have been better off and not likely looking at trades.

The Teague/Shchroeder conundrum is exactly like the Smoove/Horford situation.  How many times did we say that ONE of those guys needed to be dealt?  Long before we became disenfranchised with Smoove, many of us (us non-millionare, non-NBA experince having, armchair GMs) knew that there was duplication of talent and an opportunity there.  Especially with Marv also in the frontcourt rotation.  In the same way we speculated on our PG duplication a season ago, we speculated on Horf/Smoove back then.

The same arguments and logic prevailed: hold firm, it's too soon, we don't know the ceiling of the core, we just need to tweak, this front court could work, etc.  And I get it.  Problem is, we won't break consistency or take chances.  So we continually hold on and our seasons, trade deadlines, and post seasons every year hold the same pattern.

At some point, I think you have to take a risk.  Not just for the sake of change, but to break the cycle...and it's going to take a bold move at the right time (which again, is improbable when consistency is the driving factor).

I certainly hear you and I probably agree more than I disagree.  I'd say it's not too late.  If we head into next season with both PG's on the roster we will probably have missed the boat.  To me, this offseason is the time to make that move.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I certainly hear you and I probably agree more than I disagree.  I'd say it's not too late.  If we head into next season with both PG's on the roster we will probably have missed the boat.  To me, this offseason is the time to make that move.

I'm betting nothing happend this summer.  There will be more excuses just like this trade deadline.  Like I said we don't have to trade a starter to improve this team.  

• Premium Member

If the Hawks tried, got to give them credit.  It takes two sides to make a deal and you can't take garbage for your better players.  You just can't.

Get ready for Orlando, Boston and others to offer Horford the max in free agency.  Not sure he'll be interested in them, but they certainly could become his leverage to get a five year max deal out of Atlanta.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

I ain't even mad. Muscala is going to step up. Can't take anymore front court injuries though.

I'm happy that Horford remains a Hawk but I'm not happy about watching Moose get playoffs minutes.   That's just putting our head in the sand.  

• Like 1