• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Four blockbuster trades the Hawks could make

JTB

46 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is what Boston got for Rajon Rondo on an expiring deal from Dallas:

Jameer Nelson,  Jae Crowder,  Brandan Wright, a 2015 first-round pick, and a 2016 second-round pick.

Is Al worth more or less than Rondo at that time?

Al is worth more. They are and were not playing their best but I've always thought quality big men were worth more than smalls(not biggie)...lol. I want quality player or players and HIGH picks for Al if we trade. None of this bs high teens low 20's pick in the draft. In my mind it has to be a top 10 pick, PERIOD!!!!

11 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Al is worth more. They are and were not playing their best but I've always thought quality big men were worth more than smalls(not biggie)...lol. I want quality player or players and HIGH picks for Al if we trade. None of this bs high teens low 20's pick in the draft. In my mind it has to be a top 10 pick, PERIOD!!!!

Exactly - Big men are worth more.

Trade for what you NEED, not just for what you can get.

I get the feeling if Al and Teague played for other teams like Bos, NYK, etc,  their value would be looked at as being higher, even by our own fans just by what I've seen over at RealGM (don't go there).

But because they play for the Hawks - it's take whatever. 

Like I said I want to feel like the Hawks have won a trade., just ONCE.

6 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I know we keep talking about picks, but hell has anyone noticed our drafting the last 15 years???  It sucks.  Maybe we should stay with trying to acquire established players.  :biggrin:

I know right.  That's the scary part. 

7 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I know we keep talking about picks, but hell has anyone noticed our drafting the last 15 years???  It sucks.  Maybe we should stay with trying to acquire established players.  :biggrin:

You're not kidding. Knowing our history, I'd rather have established players than draft picks...

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Dejay said:

You're not kidding. Knowing our history, I'd rather have established players than draft picks...

But there's no way we could screw up that Nets pick especially if it ends up being #1 overall, or #2 for that matter.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is what Boston got for Rajon Rondo on an expiring deal from Dallas:

Jameer Nelson,  Jae Crowder,  Brandan Wright, a 2015 first-round pick, and a 2016 second-round pick.

Is Al worth more or less than Rondo at that time?

All 3 had expiring contracts, too. BOS got: 3 role players on expiring contracts, a 1st and a 2nd, but Dallas also got Powell back, who became a regular rotation player in Dallas. So if you sub a role player for Powell, BOS only got 2 role players on expiring contracts, a 1st, a 2nd

No lottery pick, no star player, only one of them was a (borderline) starter at this time!

So for me that's not the trade to point at, when it's about getting ultimate value for a star on an expiring contract!

But credits to BOS because Crowder blossomed there and resigned + they somehow made PHX giving them a 1st for Wright

21 minutes ago, hawkman said:

But there's no way we could screw up that Nets pick especially if it ends up being #1 overall, or #2 for that matter.

With the 2nd pick in the 2005 draft, the Atlanta Hawks select...

2 hours ago, rd79 said:

It seems you REALLY overvalue Horford. He is on an expiring contract, whoever wants him can make an offer in the offseason. Nobody will take the risk to trade a star for Al and lose him in FAncy some months later....

Wrong.

The teams that want him ( notably rebuildung or lower level playoff teams ) may not have the cap space to sign him in the summer.  So they'll make a deal for him now, to gain his Bird Rights.

And let me be crystal clear. We're not getting a STAR player by trading Horford straight up for someone.  It'll have to be Horford + Teague = STAR.

- Blake Griffin

- Carmelo Anthony

- Demarcus Cousins

That's what I want Horford dealt for.  Not for a few good complimentary pieces.  We're already a team full of complimentary pieces.

We need an ENGINE, not spare parts.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The teams that want him ( notably rebuildung or lower level playoff teams ) may not have the cap space to sign him in the summer.  So they'll make a deal for him now, to gain his Bird Rights.

There you are right

And let me be crystal clear. We're not getting a STAR player by trading Horford straight up for someone.  It'll have to be Horford + Teague = STAR.

Okay, that sounds a little different and reasonable, but since I doubt we will be able to make a move to win it all this year I rather take good pieces on good contracts (like Crowder + plus pick) than let Al walk for nothing....

21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Wrong.

- Blake Griffin

- Carmelo Anthony

- Demarcus Cousins

That's what I want Horford dealt for.  Not for a few good complimentary pieces.  We're already a team full of complimentary pieces.

We need an ENGINE, not spare parts.

Horford is better than Melo. 

Griffin is a lateral move for Al or Sap

Cousins is a freaking headcase. 

I'll rather Crowder, Thomas and the picks, mainly the picks and Crowder since any Al trade makes us worse. With that said, this is unrealistic. 

Atlanta isn't really trying to trade Al. That's why his price tag is Cousins even with an expiring contract. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, tonegully said:

Im not talking to the Celtics if this years Nets 1st round pick isn't included. Ill let Al walk before taking some bullcrap back.

It was all the Nets picks

You keep assuming that but there's no way they're including the unprotected 2016. Anyone getting their hopes up for that is in for a rude awakening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

You keep assuming that but there's no way they're including the unprotected 2016. Anyone getting their hopes up for that is in for a rude awakening.

I would usually agree but Danny Ainge at times could be a freakin moron. Lol

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

I would usually agree but Danny Ainge at times could be a freakin moron. Lol

Moron or not the guy brought a championship to the C's. I'm sure there are Hawks fans who would sell their souls after all this time to win one. With the potential for that pick to win the lottery there's no way he trades it. If he were on the hot seat and his team was just Bobkittens awful for their history then who knows but the C's don't need to rush into building their team... Especially not when they can sign Al as a free agent.

10 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I'm sure there are Hawks fans who would sell their souls after all this time to win one.

Would do. I'd also toss in the future rights for @kg01's soul, who apparently isn't using his.