Tiago Splitter Injury

Tiago Splitter is not with the Atlanta Hawks for tonight's game in Chicago and remains out with a right hip injury. Splitter sought a second opinion on the hip on Monday according to a report by Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. That examination brought forth several possibilities for treatment including the possibility of surgery. Mike Budenholzer told the AJC that they had not yet settled on which course of action they would take.

"We are still gathering the information and trying to figure out the best course of action," Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said Wednesday."

Tonight's game will be the sixth straight Splitter has missed. The same hip soreness cost him seven games earlier this season. Splitter has appeared in just 36 games this season and is averaging 5.6 points and 3.3 rebounds per game this season. Mike Muscala has assumed the majority of playing time behind starter Al Horford in Splitter's absence.

The Hawks acquired Splitter during the offseason in a trade with the San Antonio Spurs. He is signed through next season when he will make $8.25 million.

giphy.gif

This reminds me.  Didn't the Hawks once trade for a PG  who was injured, took up a big pile

of $$$ and cap space and never played?

Shut him down.  Do surgery.  Come back and play next season.  Another option.  Trade him,

with the stipulation that we see on used cars, "as is."

• Like 1

Dang it. Him and his fragile Brazilian hip. You know @kg01 frequents various unmentionable websites where Brazilians have sturdy hips...not to mention much more tan. Share the knowledge kg, share it with us.

Splitter was basically the last hope for a successful playoff showing.  Didn't mind him missing regular season games but surgery is likely to cost him some if not all of the playoffs to speak nothing of his effectiveness during that time.  Team would do well to seriously entertain these trade scenarios.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Get out, get out - Your Spurs sold us a bill of goods. You owe us!! Lol.

Bant him.

There's still time before the trade deadline to throw a new coat of paint on him and sell him to some other sucker.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeeaaahhh, suuuure....I see you're having a good chuckle.

I am really sorry:cry:

I like Tiago but he's been injury prone since his last years in San antonio, so im really not surprised. 

I was happy for Hawks when he got him, but i already knew that he was injury prone, and will miss a lot of games again.. 

I just hope all these trade talks would be benefit, and help to build a better future for the Hawks.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

6 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Dang it. Him and his fragile Brazilian hip. You know @kg01 frequents various unmentionable websites where Brazilians have sturdy hips...not to mention much more tan. Share the knowledge kg, share it with us.

Sooooounds like that's your thang, sir.

I don't discriminate.   I like 'em brown, yellow, Puerto Rican and Haitian ....