• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tiago Splitter Injury

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Funny how so many attacked me when I said multiple times I hated trading for Splitter and he would be exposed playing away from Duncan. Man I hate it when I'm this damn right.

Splitter has done fine fitting into a new team when he has played. Problem has been injuries. Did you predict that?

Probably got the hip injury because he runs so awkwardly. He ambles/wobbles up the court like a fat kid on the way to a candy store.

I haven't compared the stats, but it seems like Moose has been pretty effective in his absence. And he's like $8M cheaper or something ridiculous. So if we can trade him to a team that would want his services next year for a player of need, I'd give it a listen. He has been less than impressive.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sothron said:

Funny how so many attacked me when I said multiple times I hated trading for Splitter and he would be exposed playing away from Duncan. Man I hate it when I'm this damn right.

Splitter being a non factor, coupled with Korver's terrible shooting, are why Atlanta has struggled. I dont buy into the DMC thing.  The Hawks couldnt rebound or shoot WITH DMC. 

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sothron said:

Splitter being a non factor, coupled with Korver's terrible shooting, are why Atlanta has struggled. I dont buy into the DMC thing.  The Hawks couldnt rebound or shoot WITH DMC. 

Well we could shoot and defend better that's for sure. Remember how well DMC shot in the playoffs until his knee injury? He was our MVP on both sides of the ball. His loss can't be understated enough. Everyone else had to slide up 1 spot on the depth chart as a result and with Korver struggling to shoot after his surgery it has really affected our play. If one of our PGs could be a real threat from 3 off the dribble that would make a world of difference as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious but how much better do you think the Hawks might be if we had Boban playing instead of Tiago? I know he's no star but damn that guy is actually playing at this level and I thought he was just going to be a summer league semi-star. We really dropped the ball on letting him go.

2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Just curious but how much better do you think the Hawks might be if we had Boban playing instead of Tiago? I know he's no star but damn that guy is actually playing at this level and I thought he was just going to be a summer league semi-star. We really dropped the ball on letting him go.

Wait, we had him?

2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Wait, we had him?

Yeah in summer league. Bud recommended him to Pop.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Kind of like this?

"Between Horford, Edy and Tiago we couldn't possibly use a guy who will put up 24pp36 and 15 rp36 in our center slot.  Edy looks like a vet and I've got a good feeling Tiago will be healthier than ever.  You on the other hand could use some shoring up in your frontcourt what with that Duncan guy, Aldridge, West, Boris and Bonner.  You are a little undersized compared to my Hawks.  I mean, how are you guys going to rebound with that bunch?  So, anyway, I'm going to sign our 4th and 5th string SGs now to complete our roster but you might want to take a hard look at this Boban kid."

• Like 3

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Man, I'mma need Budz to stop doing more GM'ing for the Spurs than he's doing for the Hawks.  Geez

Also, nice low-key THJr shot by Cap'n Ahab aka @AHF

So now you've joined me!  You think THJr is our 4th or 5th option at SG?  For me that was Patterson and Holiday but good effort.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

So now you've joined me!  You think THJr is our 4th or 5th option at SG?  For me that was Patterson and Holiday but good effort.

There's much that I don't agree with for @kg01 but I do think we're in complete agreement that @AHF is like a 4th or 5th option mod ....

tumblr_mismrydUsf1s6q9jpo1_400.gif

(self-bant for an hour)

1 minute ago, hawksfanatic said:

There's much that I don't agree with for @kg01 but I do think we're in complete agreement that @AHF is like a 4th or 5th option mod ....

tumblr_mismrydUsf1s6q9jpo1_400.gif

(self-bant for an hour)

You can't just drive out to Chipotle on your lunch break and call it a "self-bant".  That's worse than celebrities who go to some spa "rehab" in lieu of facing jail time for running over some old lady.  There's no actual punishment in it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

You can't just drive out to Chipotle on your lunch break and call it a "self-bant".  That's worse than celebrities who go to some spa "rehab" in lieu of facing jail time for running over some old lady.  There's no actual punishment in it!

No no, it's totally legit to do. I think the bigger question is how the heck do you know I was going to Chipotle??

On 2/10/2016 at 3:58 PM, Spud2Nique said:

Dang it. Him and his fragile Brazilian hip. You know @kg01 frequents various unmentionable websites where Brazilians have sturdy hips...not to mention much more tan. Share the knowledge kg, share it with us.

I don't think Bud has the patience to trust him this season. Maybe next season 

On 2/10/2016 at 4:07 PM, MaceCase said:

Splitter was basically the last hope for a successful playoff showing.  Didn't mind him missing regular season games but surgery is likely to cost him some if not all of the playoffs to speak nothing of his effectiveness during that time.  Team would do well to seriously entertain these trade scenarios.

Yeah I was hoping he'd be the Hawks secret weapon during the playoffs - be a rim protector so Pau/Jonas/Mozgov etc. don't have career highs but it looks like it'll have to be like last season, hoping Al's quickness and his range takes the opposing center out the game.

35 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Kind of like this?

"Between Horford, Edy and Tiago we couldn't possibly use a guy who will put up 24pp36 and 15 rp36 in our center slot.  Edy looks like a vet and I've got a good feeling Tiago will be healthier than ever.  You on the other hand could use some shoring up in your frontcourt what with that Duncan guy, Aldridge, West, Boris and Bonner.  You are a little undersized compared to my Hawks.  I mean, how are you guys going to rebound with that bunch?  So, anyway, I'm going to sign our 4th and 5th string SGs now to complete our roster but you might want to take a hard look at this Boban kid."

Whatever the reason the Hawks didn't feel a need to sign him but I'm certain Bud put a good word in for him. I will try to find where I read or heard that. It was early in the season if I recall correctly.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Now we know why Splitter has hip issues.  He's been making babies.

Dang it. Why did he have to do all the work? Comoooonnnn woman!....3,2,1...