• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sources; Kalland: "People that know the team/Al have a feeling that he is gone"

GameTime

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, GameTime said:

vecenie.com/2016/02/10/game-theory-episode-28-hawks-trade-rumors-with-robby-kalland/

@ 2:40

Robby says  that Al considers himself an international businessman (Didn't know that)

Seems those comments about big city opportunities from Al might not just be hot air.

19 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Seems those comments about big city opportunities from Al might not just be hot air.

I think Kalland has the impression of Al as an international businessman in part because of the Woj article that first presented the idea of Al being some big city folk. Or whatever.

Which kind of makes it hard to determine if it is hot air, since it becomes a bit circular here.

Al -(?)-> Agent ---> Woj ---> Writers --> Other Writers --> Hawks Intel? --> More Writers ----> Message boards

(or something like that)

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

I think Kalland has the impression of Al as an international businessman in part because of the Woj article that first presented the idea of Al being some big city folk. Or whatever.

Which kind of makes it hard to determine if it is hot air, since it becomes a bit circular here.

Al -(?)-> Agent ---> Woj ---> Writers --> Other Writers --> Hawks Intel? --> More Writers ----> Message boards

(or something like that)

We'll see, but I doubt it.  Not saying his claims here are right or wrong.  But I've been following/reading his work for a while and he's been pretty accurate when it comes to the Hawks.

53 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

We'll see, but I doubt it.  Not saying his claims here are right or wrong.  But I've been following/reading his work for a while and he's been pretty accurate when it comes to the Hawks.

Robby? Well he did work/write for the Hawks for a season. I guess it's possible he hears chatter, but if he actually knew what would happen it's a strange spot to announce it on a podcast hosted by someone I've never heard of. I'm like you and not going to claim he's right or wrong, but it is the time of year for ridiculous shit to be tossed out. It's right up there with free agent talk.

At this time, I work under the assumption that everything is hot air.

2 hours ago, hawksfanatic said:

(or something like that)

Al's interview quotes made some reference to greater business opportunities in bigger cities.  I heard him say those words on the radio (unless we think his words were electronically altered.)  Don't see how this could be considered speculation.

Edited by Watchman

39 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Al's interview quotes made some reference to greater business opportunities in bigger cities.  I heard him say those words on the radio (unless we think his words were electronically altered.)  Don't see how this could be considered speculation.

Well see, no one is debating that Al said:

“Atlanta has the potential for a guy like myself to maximize [the business] part of it,” Horford told Yahoo Sports. “But obviously there are other cities, bigger cities that are more appealing probably [business- and marketing-wise]. The impact would be bigger if that is what you are looking for.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hawks--al-horford-expanding-his-game-as-free-agency-looms-232658396.html

Since, he did (although it was Spears, not Woj so my b). It's about that whole first part of Robby relaying that the prevailing feeling around the organization is that Al is gone because "he's an international businessman."

From that Al quote, what I see is a person describing all of his options. Which is what Al does with pretty much all his interviews. That quote is not out of the ordinary, unless you want to get a case of temporary amnesia on how Al gives interviews. Then I guess if you forget about that, it might be out of the ordinary. But is that stranger than talking about digitally altering a voice?

1 hour ago, hawksfanatic said:

“Atlanta has the potential for a guy like myself to maximize [the business] part of it,” Horford told Yahoo Sports. “But obviously there are other cities, bigger cities that are more appealing probably [business- and marketing-wise]. The impact would be bigger if that is what you are looking for.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hawks--al-horford-expanding-his-game-as-free-agency-looms-232658396.html

Since, he did (although it was Spears, not Woj so my b). It's about that whole first part of Robby relaying that the prevailing feeling around the organization is that Al is gone because "he's an international businessman."

From that Al quote, what I see is a person describing all of his options. Which is what Al does with pretty much all his interviews. That quote is not out of the ordinary, unless you want to get a case of temporary amnesia on how Al gives interviews. Then I guess if you forget about that, it might be out of the ordinary. But is that stranger than talking about digitally altering a voice?

Yeah Al always talk PC. Hopefully this puts a fire under the front office to give Al a legit chance to win the title again. 

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The Tim Hardaway Jr conundrum,  making awful decisions based on a player primarily going off v. Us

8YV4y3J.png

He just went off on the Spurs for 20pts 13rebs 5asts 2blks 1stl. He's a 25yo 260lb 7-footer averaging 17/9 this season. He's going off on everybody. And exactly what the Hawks need:

"OREB: 4

Battling Aldridge, Tim Duncan, Boris Diaw and briefly Boban Marjanovic, whenever Nikki wound up in the lane, he was always aggressive in trying to earn extra possessions for the Magic. Note — one of his offensive rebounds consisted of a retrieval of his own missed layup.

DREB: 9

Vucevic always looked to box out, showed good timing and anticipation, and compensated for his slow take-offs with adhesive hands. Only two of these rebounds were grabbed with no opposition in the vicinity."

3 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

Dang Al getting outplayed in the post by Jokic, and he even has Joke in his name.

Al's not a post scorer but we all know that,  what the chart is showing is some guys are scoring at extremely low rates considering their touches in the post. If you have a low assist rate, low pptr, and your turnover prone, there is a great chance you are a flawed player.

10 hours ago, hawksfanatic said:

The "digitally altered voice" was an attempt at humor for the conspiracy oriented.  Sorry, I guess I thought that was obvious.

20 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Atlanta isn't a big city now?

Exactly. It's Top 10 in size, population, basketball audience, business, growth, so forth.

• Like 3