• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bud on 92.9 @ 5:20 eastern

sturt

• Premium Member

Essentials, imo...

1. Loves Hinrich's defense and IQ.

2. Thinks we are lacking on offense more so than defense.

3. Thinks the deal allows us to look at buyout market.

4. Long term seemed to indicate prepared to re-up Horf.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:
3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Paraphrasopalooza...

(SIP) We really like our players, our team... we're probably gonna be real protective of our group...

(KIRK) Yeah, prob a lot of different things that come into it. ((props to Shelvin and Justin)). I think for Shelvin there was a better opportunity to play. To bring in a guy with Kirk's experience... he's a really, really good defender... and we opened up a roster spot... and a little more financial flexibility... fits our locker room, fits on the court with us.

(AL) Al is so important to us, he's the kind of player we wanna build with. I think he knows how important he is to us...

(ON KINDA SUCKY 1st HALF) I think that we haven't finished the way we need to finish... the comment about our defense, I'm not a big stat guy (LOL), but defensively we're in a good place... We can get better but we're pretty good. Offensively, we've got to improve, we've got to be more efficient, better on the offensive side of the court.

(KYLE) When he's making shots/plays for us, it's a big part of our offense... He's trending in a good direction... He's getting back to where he's hitting it at a good clip... It makes a big difference for us when Kyle is playing at a high level.

(ON BEING COACH+EXEC) It's something we've been doing in a very collaborative way... There isn't as big a change as maybe people think... At some point, if there's a tie, somebody's got to make a final decision... we feel strongly that it's a great way to do it. Being in the room with Wes and discussing (fit, style, personal characteristics), it feels great... We know what we're looking for...

(JEFF IMPROVING LATELY) ((A little Social media/print/radio shade)) We need Jeff to be better... Jeff knows how we feel about him... I want him to go to another level, and consistency is part of that... he's a heck of a talent.

~lw3

Paraphrasopalooza...

(SIP) We really like our players, our team... we're probably gonna be real protective of our group...

(KIRK) Yeah, prob a lot of different things that come into it. ((props to Shelvin and Justin)). I think for Shelvin there was a better opportunity to play. To bring in a guy with Kirk's experience... he's a really, really good defender... and we opened up a roster spot... and a little more financial flexibility... fits our locker room, fits on the court with us.

(AL) Al is so important to us, he's the kind of player we wanna build with. I think he knows how important he is to us...

(ON KINDA SUCKY 1st HALF) I think that we haven't finished the way we need to finish... the comment about our defense, I'm not a big stat guy (LOL), but defensively we're in a good place... We can get better but we're pretty good. Offensively, we've got to improve, we've got to be more efficient, better on the offensive side of the court.

(KYLE) When he's making shots/plays for us, it's a big part of our offense... He's trending in a good direction... He's getting back to where he's hitting it at a good clip... It makes a big difference for us when Kyle is playing at a high level.

(ON BEING COACH+EXEC) It's something we've been doing in a very collaborative way... There isn't as big a change as maybe people think... At some point, if there's a tie, somebody's got to make a final decision... we feel strongly that it's a great way to do it. Being in the room with Wes and discussing (fit, style, personal characteristics), it feels great... We know what we're looking for...

(JEFF IMPROVING LATELY) ((A little Social media/print/radio shade)) We need Jeff to be better... Jeff knows how we feel about him... I want him to go to another level, and consistency is part of that... he's a heck of a talent.

~lw3

WLOC is back like it never left baby!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

(

Directly said the secondary market of buyouts, d-league, and overseas.    Pero is coming back baby!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Paraphrasopalooza...

~lw3

Jeff and Dennis will be resigned...mark my words! Not sure how its going to work but Bud isn't getting rid of them. Buds intentions is to add to this team and that only....Thats what I get from him.

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Jeff and Dennis will be resigned...mark my words! Not sure how its going to work but Bud isn't getting rid of them. Buds intentions is to add to this team and that only....Thats what I get from him.

Mike Conley is the only decent free agent PG this coming season. Teams in need will either have to trust a rookie draft pick or trade for one. Teague and Dennis will both be hot commodities again during and after the draft. Probably hotter than they were this season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Mike Conley is the only decent free agent PG this coming season. Teams in need will either have to trust a rookie draft pick or trade for one. Teague and Dennis will both be hot commodities again during and after the draft. Probably hotter than they were this season.

Yep

• Premium Member

Listened to the interview and Bud is a professional.  He wasn't going to say "yeah, we wanted to move those guys but we didn't get a fair offer so we didn't" even though that may have been the case. 

Btw, anybody else notice that since new ownership took over, Koonin has been rather quiet.  Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like he's dialed back on his unique ways of promoting the team.

41 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Listened to the interview and Bud is a professional.  He wasn't going to say "yeah, we wanted to move those guys but we didn't get a fair offer so we didn't" even though that may have been the case. 

Btw, anybody else notice that since new ownership took over, Koonin has been rather quiet.  Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like he's dialed back on his unique ways of promoting the team.

Koonin's on radio every Friday. Says he's working on something for the GSW game.

6 hours ago, Jody23 said:

Okay.  Actually forgot about the Friday thing.

I've noticed that too.  He used to call in randomly and regularly last season.  When he got together with Mike Bell you'd think it was a Howard Stern show.  

This season I'm sure the increased losing would dampen his jolliness, but there certainly seems to have been a cap put on his "personality" and non-traditional promotion by the higher ups.   I can accept that if it means I'll never see Young Thug desecrate Phillips' floor again.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Coach Bud did his last radio interview today....nothing earth shattering.

On Playoffs

1. Needed to get more done offensively

2. Better offensive efficiency and execution, not as good as it needed to be - a lot if that falls on him.

On Al:

1. From the minute he (Bud) got here he's  always said that Al was a player you build a program with.

2. Looking forward to sitting down with Al, will make him a priority.

On the Large amounts of Money:

Host said, lots of players will get over payed this summer what are his thoughts. (I think this was Baze related)

1. Philosophically you don't  want to overpay unless you are a desperate  team.

2. He feels the Hawks can find a middle ground  with  'our' guys or whomever else.

Looking forward to sitting down with Wes Wilcox and his team to discuss their presentation  (I'm  guessing draft prospects)

There is definitely something about our offense that isn't clicking.  We already know that we need better scoring from the players themselves, but hopefully some of it can be fixed through better execution.