• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome Back, Captain Kirk!

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

Hawks inherit Bird Rights, can offer the extra 5th year to Kirkland this Summer. Developing story, more details to come...

Can we afford both Kirk and Horford??  What would his starting Max contract  look like?
I think the max  for Kirk would be free entrance into Philips Arena.  That's the most i would give him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SalvorMallow said:

Even his highlight reel is boring...

Hey now, someone used hard earned time to try and find all of these "highlights."

Must've taken a loooong time but I can't think of any better way to be spending it.  There's nothing else more enjoyable.  Nothing.

58 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Oh, Kirland my Kirkland.  Bring down the goggles from the rafters!

Dude needs to get a Costco sponsorship going.  I don't see why they wouldn't want such a big name repping their brand.

"Hey, I'm Kirk Hinrich....."

Costco employee:  "Oh you're the new guy right?  You'll be over in the dairy section handing out egg roll samples."

Big move? Hell naw, and Hinrich is older than dirt. Hawks did just uprgrade the 3rd PG slot though. And brought someone in to mentor Shredder for the rest of the season. Which tells me Budcox may plan on moving IceTeague this summer (draft?) and going with Shredder next year.  This also opens up an extra roster spot to snag one of the bigs being bought out, to take Splitter's wasted space. Barely moves the needle, but how is Cap'n Kirk an upgrade over Mack we ask? More playoff experience, better shooter (41% from deep and 94% at the stripe), can also play the 2, very high BBIQ, can mentor Dennis, good D, is an expiring contract which frees up another roster spot and additional money for summer signings, and is essentially a coach on the floor. Not "thrilled" by the move, it's no big splash. But I like Kirk-Nique-Will-Call-Me-Kurt, and it was a smart move that just gave the Hawks the deepest PG lineup in the NBA with Teague/Dennis/Hinrich and mentor for our potential star point of the future. Think about it a little bit before yall's knees start jerking...  

• Like 2

• Moderators

Where does Kirk actually play anymore?  Not that our SG/SF combo needs to get any smaller but was just wondering.  Basketball reference lists him as a SG rather than a PG for this season and last.

3 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Should've traded for a backup center... But welcome back Kirk!

Sending Holiday to the Bulls opens up an extra roster spot they'll probably fill with a big who's been bought out. There's going to be some decent ones.

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Where does Kirk actually play anymore?  Not that our SG/SF combo needs to get any smaller but was just wondering.  Basketball reference lists him as a SG rather than a PG for this season and last.

Good question. I do like the fact that he can play both (and is hitting 41% of his 3s). Plays better D than Kyle, and hitting 3s at a better clip than him (for now), so that's good flexibility. We know he CAN play the 1 and will probably be doing mostly that with the Hawks.

• Moderators

I don't read too much into the 41% since he has hit like 23 3's this entire season but he has always been a solid 37% shooter and seems to have lost nothing so he should be an upgrade for perimeter shooting over Mack and Holiday.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hazer said:

Big move? Hell naw, and Hinrich is older than dirt. Hawks did just uprgrade the 3rd PG slot though. And brought someone in to mentor Shredder for the rest of the season. Which tells me Budcox may plan on moving IceTeague this summer (draft?) and going with Shredder next year.  This also opens up an extra roster spot to snag one of the bigs being bought out, to take Splitter's wasted space. Barely moves the needle, but how is Cap'n Kirk an upgrade over Mack we ask? More playoff experience, better shooter (41% from deep and 94% at the stripe), can also play the 2, very high BBIQ, can mentor Dennis, good D, is an expiring contract which frees up another roster spot and additional money for summer signings, and is essentially a coach on the floor. Not thrilled by the move, it's no big splash. But it was a smart one that just gave the Hawks the deepest PG lineup in the NBA with Teague/Dennis/Hinrich and mentor for our potential star point of the future. Think about it a little bit before yall's knees start jerking...  

People keep saying "Big that will be bought out"...what BIGs are going to be bought out? Anyone have any specific names?

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

People keep saying "Big that will be bought out"...what BIGs are going to be bought out? Anyone have any specific names?

I don't like him, but here's one:

Varejao