• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome Back, Captain Kirk!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
6 hours ago, QuantumHawkz said:

Hinrich is going to play back up to Krover.  This is a little but good move. Krik will provide that extra 3pt threat that's missing. Plus, his defense will help Dennis.

This is the reality of it.   We're going to see Hinrich at the 2 a lot.   Was there really no better option for a backup 2 available?    I'm ready to be proven wrong but it seems like the story of our trade deadline was we have a surplus of talent at the PG so......let's get another one, a really old one, and hope he's really good in the playoffs as a SG.  

What's happened to me?  I used to be optimistic about all things Hawks.  

The other elephant in the room is our total lack of depth at the 4/5.   If we don't add someone then we know we're just going through the motions this season.   Just seems like Scott and Mack could have brought back someone.     To me the moves we made signal that the Hawks don't think the finals are a possibility this year and are already working on next season.    Maybe that's smart but it's no fun.

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This is the reality of it.   We're going to see Hinrich at the 2 a lot.   Was there really no better option for a backup 2 available?    I'm ready to be proven wrong but it seems like the story of our trade deadline was we have a surplus of talent at the PG so......let's get another one, a really old one, and hope he's really good in the playoffs as a SG.  

What's happened to me?  I used to be optimistic about all things Hawks.  

The other elephant in the room is our total lack of depth at the 4/5.   If we don't add someone then we know we're just going through the motions this season.   Just seems like Scott and Mack could have brought back someone.     To me the moves we made signal that the Hawks don't think the finals are a possibility this year and are already working on next season.    Maybe that's smart but it's no fun.

Ohhhhh ohhhhh...I know this one!!!! @kg01??

ill be here all week! Tip dem waitresses well!

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It seems, but that's not reality.  Nobody wants a contract like Scott without a pick or for financial flexibility.   Chess not checkers.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

It seems, but that's not reality.  Nobody wants a contract like Scott without a pick or for financial flexibility.   Chess not checkers.

he's signed for 1 year at 3 million?   Scott's a bargain that can provide useful production.   We have a zillion 2nd round picks to send out.  

I'm pretty sure the Hawks have been playing connect 4 or chutes and ladders and neither chess nor checkers all these years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

One thing I am happy I will get to start doing again yelling "The Captainnnnn" when he drills a triple.

This what Kirk reminds me of when he's playing defense with his old ass bones just waiting to snap.

giphy.gif

That's hilarious.   Captain caveman was a classic too.   Hopefully he doesn't end up like this

snl-injury.jpg?quality=80&w=650

• Like 1

That's hilarious.   Captain caveman was a classic too.   Hopefully he doesn't end up like this

snl-injury.jpg?quality=80&w=650

Haha! That's pretty much what I picture! We should pretty much only use him a few minutes each quarter and tell him to go half speed on D until we get to the playoffs. Otherwise I have zero faith in him staying healthy.

• Moderators

The belief here was that the Atlanta Hawks would do nothing of consequence at the trade deadline. They did even less. They traded Shelvin Mack and Justin Holiday — two guards who didn’t play much — plus a second-round pick for a 35-year-old guard who was past his prime when he played here four years ago. If you’re thinking, “Gee, that seems like a lot to give up for a guy who has little left” … well, you’re not alone.

The more I see of the post-Ferry Hawks’ moves, the more I miss Danny Ferry. Since Mike Budenholzer and Wes Wilcox took charge of personnel, the Hawks have: Traded Adreian Payne, the 15th player taken in the 2014 NBA draft, to Minnesota for a lottery-protected first-round pick; parlayed the 15th pick in the 2015 draft into Tim Hardaway Jr., who was the 24th pick in the 2013 draft and who has become the Hawks’ 10th man; traded for Tiago Splitter, whom the Spurs were desperate to unload to clear cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge and who has done little here before getting hurt. Now this.

http://markbradley.blog.myajc.com/2016/02/18/so-the-hawks-deadline-haul-is-kirk-hinrich/

8 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I'd be surprised if ATL doesn't cut him.

Surprise!

"And far as the transaction today, we are very excited about adding Kirk Hinrich to our group. A veteran point guard who can really play both positions in the backcourt, the 1 and the 2. He’s a very competitive guy. I think he’s a very smart player. He is going to fit in. He is one of those players who has a lot of the qualities that we value and we look for. When I spoke to him, I said he’s going to help us somehow, some way, in a regular-season game, in a playoff game." ~ Coach Mike Budenholzer

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Bradley is a M O R O N.

Hogs didn't trade a 2nd round pick. Utah did. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he's trolling us with this kind of stuff, but I think he's just an out-of-touch over-the-hill doofus that doesn't actually do his job. I'm assuming his job involves at least somewhat paying attention to the local sports scene, so maybe I'm incorrect with that assumption.

1 minute ago, hawksfanatic said:

Bradley is a M O R O N.

Hogs didn't trade a 2nd round pick. Utah did. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he's trolling us with this kind of stuff, but I think he's just an out-of-touch over-the-hill doofus that doesn't actually do his job. I'm assuming his job involves at least somewhat paying attention to the local sports scene, so maybe I'm incorrect with that assumption.

This.  @macdaddy soon-to-be-known-as @heinrichdaddy may be facing a bant for posting that link/article.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

This.  @macdaddy soon-to-be-known-as @heinrichdaddy may be facing a bant for posting that link/article.

Oh great, now all I can think about is how Sir Foster should play this for Kirk buckets:

"You're hinRICH girl! and you've gone too far..."

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I agree that Bradley barely pays attention to the Hawks and is often wrong, but his assessment of what Bud/Wilcox have done as GM is a point that deserves to be discussed.    I mean you can make excuses all day and there is certainly much out of their control but when you look at the results we've turned 2 first round picks, Shelvin Mack, Justin Holiday into Tim Hardaway, 1 first rounder (who knows when), and 3 months of Kirk Hinrich.     We are seriously thin at positions 2-5, and most of our rotation players are 30+ years old.   

As far as Bradley goes, he represents what the average Atlanta sports fan thinks about the Hawks.  Whatever good will and energy Bud has generated over the last 3 years is in jeopardy if we can't add talent to this team very soon.   

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, hazer said:

Surprise!

"And far as the transaction today, we are very excited about adding Kirk Hinrich to our group. A veteran point guard who can really play both positions in the backcourt, the 1 and the 2. He’s a very competitive guy. I think he’s a very smart player. He is going to fit in. He is one of those players who has a lot of the qualities that we value and we look for. When I spoke to him, I said he’s going to help us somehow, some way, in a regular-season game, in a playoff game." ~ Coach Mike Budenholzer

I hope I tune into the game he helps us.   I'm getting excited about this deal.  

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I agree that Bradley barely pays attention to the Hawks and is often wrong, but his assessment of what Bud/Wilcox have done as GM is a point that deserves to be discussed.    I mean you can make excuses all day and there is certainly much out of their control but when you look at the results we've turned 2 first round picks, Shelvin Mack, Justin Holiday into Tim Hardaway, 1 first rounder (who knows when), and 3 months of Kirk Hinrich.     We are seriously thin at positions 2-5, and most of our rotation players are 30+ years old.   

As far as Bradley goes, he represents what the average Atlanta sports fan thinks about the Hawks.  Whatever good will and energy Bud has generated over the last 3 years is in jeopardy if we can't add talent to this team very soon.   

Well, hd.  I think this all comes to a head this offseason, not right now.  If any of Bradley's "analysis" ends up being spot-on, it's purely by accident.

19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Howsabout we don't pull a Bradley and miscount things, mmmkay?

The Hogs did not trade 2 first round picks. Unless you're referring to Adreian Payne, which is a person (drafted by "Ferry") and not a draft pick. But then again, you're also missing the 2nd rounders that the Hogs picked up in trades. If you want to assess the situation, then we better actually understand the situation.

I think the whole "Bradley's assessment .... is a point that deserves to be discussed" is complete bullshit here. He's a moron and his "assessment" is about the same as my nephew who looks up in the sky, points, and says "airpwane! airpwane!" No dipshit, that's not how the word is pronounced and further it's a helicopter.

2 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

Howsabout we don't pull a Bradley and miscount things, mmmkay?

The Hogs did not trade 2 first round picks. Unless you're referring to Adreian Payne, which is a person (drafted by "Ferry") and not a draft pick. But then again, you're also missing the 2nd rounders that the Hogs picked up in trades. If you want to assess the situation, then we better actually understand the situation.

I think the whole "Bradley's assessment .... is a point that deserves to be discussed" is complete bullshit here. He's a moron and his "assessment" is about the same as my nephew who looks up in the sky, points, and says "airpwane! airpwane!" No dipshit, that's not how the word is pronounced and further it's a helicopter.

Donald Duck Laughing

HF teaching his nephew to slide ...

Banging Head Down Slide