• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome Back, Captain Kirk!

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We can dump Patterson and sign both Lee and Andy.

Or can we apply for the Injured player exemption. @hawksfanatic for Splitter to clear a roster spot and sign both?

Nope. Too late in the season for any Tiago relief.

But we can signthem if Patterson is moved.

Just now, AHF said:

The point you are missing is that to his underlying whether Payne is a pick or a sunk cost is a distinction without a difference.  You are technically correct.  Payne isn't a pick and it is wrong to describe him as one.  However, his point is that they didn't make good use of the #15 pick that was used on Payne.  Unless you think Payne was a good choice, then you agree with that and are just arguing over how the value should be bucketed (pick versus player).

I agree it is a sunk cost and you know that.  I said it was a disastrous pick and a decent trade.  The reason the trade was decent is because Payne is a sunk cost and we pulled the trigger in time to collect some value while there was still the notion that he could possibly be a good player (unlike Jenkins who we couldn't deal for value after we realized he was never going to contribute).  If we had just flipped the #15 pick directly for a  pick that will fall between #15 and #60 sometime years in the future that would have been a straight disaster (without anything decent).

You do realize that Bradley's original "point" was how Bud and Wes are failures compared to Ferry, right? And yet, who drafted Payne?

You're clearly arguing just to argue because the point you're moving towards is that Ferry screwed up with Payne. And that's in direct opposition with Bradley. Or in other words, it's what I've been saying.

So stop arguing, ass.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

You do realize that Bradley's original "point" was how Bud and Wes are failures compared to Ferry, right? And yet, who drafted Payne?

You're clearly arguing just to argue because the point you're moving towards is that Ferry screwed up with Payne. And that's in direct opposition with Bradley. Or in other words, it's what I've been saying.

So stop arguing, ass.

Now if you start with the point that Ferry made the pick with Payne then you get to the place we agree.  When you b#*$& and moan about whether it is semantically correct to say Payne is a pick or not then the more important point gets lost.

I've also already agreed with you that Bradley is wrong  and just said that @macdaddy's point that the post-Ferry transactions haven't inspired is worth discussing so...what was it again you were arguing?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Now if you start with the point that Ferry made the pick with Payne then you get to the place we agree.  When you b#*$& and moan about whether it is semantically correct to say Payne is a pick or not then the more important point gets lost.

I've also already agreed with you that Bradley is wrong  and just said that @macdaddy's point that the post-Ferry transactions haven't inspired is worth discussing so...what was it again you were arguing?

Read what I wrote, where I specifically say the pick was by Ferry. Because I did.

"The Hogs did not trade 2 first round picks. Unless you're referring to Adreian Payne, which is a person (drafted by "Ferry") and not a draft pick. But then again, you're also missing the 2nd rounders that the Hogs picked up in trades. If you want to assess the situation, then we better actually understand the situation."

So maybe, just maybe, you should get your head out of your.....

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know who's worse you and @Spud2Nique  or them.

Ah, me and Spud2 have been on our best behavior lately.  I ain't gon' say nuthin' 'bout that low-key beef you have with a certain lurker.  Mmhmm, I went there.

• Moderators

Wow.  This is what happens when i actually do some work!    Whether the point is from Bradley, Howard Cosell, Obama, I don't really care.   And whether a 2nd rounder took a flight to Chicago by way of Portland I don't really care either.   What I care about is our inability to add any real NBA talent in the last two years.  

So bottom line here's what we've added to our team to try to improve on getting swept in the ECF:   Splitter (hurt), Hardaway (bench), Holiday (gone), and Hinrich.   That by itself is pretty damn bad.    Add to that we've subtracted a couple of good rotation players in Demarre and Pero then we are going in the wrong direction talent wise.   Does anyone disagree with that?  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ah, me and Spud2 have been on our best behavior lately.  I ain't gon' say nuthin' 'bout that low-key beef you have with a certain lurker.  Mmhmm, I went there.

Ya we have been great members of squawk lately...I think..

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Wow.  This is what happens when i actually do some work!    Whether the point is from Bradley, Howard Cosell, Obama, I don't really care.   And whether a 2nd rounder took a flight to Chicago by way of Portland I don't really care either.   What I care about is our inability to add any real NBA talent in the last two years.  

So bottom line here's what we've added to our team to try to improve on getting swept in the ECF:   Splitter (hurt), Hardaway (bench), Holiday (gone), and Hinrich.   That by itself is pretty damn bad.    Add to that we've subtracted a couple of good rotation players in Demarre and Pero then we are going in the wrong direction talent wise.   Does anyone disagree with that?  

I disagree. Supporting your argument with pero being a "good rotation" player is just silly.

You don't like the players brought in is one thing, but to say we didn't add players is a flat out lie. 

We didn't even have a Tim Hardaway level player on the bench last year. Splitter had a positive impact and unfortunately his season was cut short. Holiday didn't pan out so we moved his ass for another rotation player in hinrich.

No, there weren't any jabari parkers or Harrison Barnes to be had. They made the type of moves a 1 seed team SHOULD make. This team as constructed heading into the season was more talented than last. 

Look, nobody is beating the Warriors in 7 games. And there is not 1 player available for trade or in the draft that wouldve change that. 

Look at it this way: name another NBA team, just one, who has a 3rd string PG or a 2nd/3rd string SG the quality of Hinrich. I won't wait for your answers, there's not one. Not a single one. Depth.

Look at it this way: name another NBA team, just one, who has a 3rd string PG or a 2nd/3rd string SG the quality of Hinrich. I won't wait for your answers, there's not one. Not a single one. Depth.

Of course when he's too injured to play that won't do us too much good. But I'm hopeful he can stay healthy. Just don't trust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Of course when he's too injured to play that won't do us too much good. But I'm hopeful he can stay healthy. Just don't trust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. But 10 mins/night isn't much of a strain...

• Moderators
2 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

I disagree. Supporting your argument with pero being a "good rotation" player is just silly.

You don't like the players brought in is one thing, but to say we didn't add players is a flat out lie. 

We didn't even have a Tim Hardaway level player on the bench last year. Splitter had a positive impact and unfortunately his season was cut short. Holiday didn't pan out so we moved his ass for another rotation player in hinrich.

No, there weren't any jabari parkers or Harrison Barnes to be had. They made the type of moves a 1 seed team SHOULD make. This team as constructed heading into the season was more talented than last. 

Look, nobody is beating the Warriors in 7 games. And there is not 1 player available for trade or in the draft that wouldve change that. 

2014-15 Bazemore / Mike Scott / Thabo / Dennis  >> 2015-16 THJr