• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome Back, Captain Kirk!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
On 2/20/2016 at 7:06 PM, skimaskway23 said:

I disagree. Supporting your argument with pero being a "good rotation" player is just silly.

You don't like the players brought in is one thing, but to say we didn't add players is a flat out lie. 

We didn't even have a Tim Hardaway level player on the bench last year. Splitter had a positive impact and unfortunately his season was cut short. Holiday didn't pan out so we moved his ass for another rotation player in hinrich.

No, there weren't any jabari parkers or Harrison Barnes to be had. They made the type of moves a 1 seed team SHOULD make. This team as constructed heading into the season was more talented than last. 

Look, nobody is beating the Warriors in 7 games. And there is not 1 player available for trade or in the draft that wouldve change that. 

Well I took the weekend off from posting but is anyone still making the argument that we have good depth or enough talent?   Splitter has been hurt sure but he hasn't played a full season in 3 years and his play here was very average.   Our bench last year was Dennis, Baze, Thabo, Scott, Pero.   Our bench this season at the beginning was Dennis, Patterson, Thabo, Scott, Splitter.   That's not an upgrade.   Now our bench is Dennis, Jr., Thabo, Scott, Moose.    And all these benches are supporting a degraded Korver and an overmatched Baze in the starting lineup.  

So I stand by the criticism that we didn't do enough in the offseason and didn't do enough at the deadline to stay a contender.   We knew Thabo and Korver had serious injuries and are getting near the end of their prime, we knew that Splitter might not be an everyday contributor, we knew Baze had never even been a rotation player before last year and we were putting him in the position to guard the best players in basketball, we knew we were losing one of the best 3&D guys in the league.   That's too much to just hope for the best.

Jabari and Barnes?    We needed to add a center with some experience and a wing who can shoot and score.   I'm not talking about allstars here.  I'm talking about experienced vets who can add to your roster.    I was also optimistic that Hardaway would be that guy but he hasn't been.    But here's the question.   Did Bud know he'd need a lot of development or was he disappointed that he couldn't contribute right away.  If it's the first then we should have found someone else in addition to him other than Patterson or our other choices who were all undrafted free agents.   If Bud thought he'd be better then that's pretty damning of our ability to evaluate talent as they had the benefit of 2 years in the NBA to evaluate him. 

I don't care about beating GS.  I care about being the top team in the east again.   We were that last year and it didn't take a genius to see that we needed to add veteran depth to this team to stay there.   We've had two chances to make some moves and the results have been poor.  

Holiday, Hardaway, Splitter, Patterson, hinrich aren't good enough additions if you're trying to take a very good team to the next level.   

• Like 1