• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Nique

I hope this all star break gave Nique a chance to self reflect on his jinxy a$$ comments... Hoping he just shuts his pie hole during close contests and stop being a jinxy a$$ Nostradamus. Everytime he opens his mouth, we lose.  I feel like that guy in the movie a Bronx tale that just rips up his winning race track tix because of that old jinxy dude before the race is even over. 

Message to Nique: You were my fav player growing up and now when I hear you as an analyst, I just want to mute you. Just be the color analyst and do your job, don't predict games please. Thanks in advance.

I know that the Hawks can't replace him because he has too many ties to the organization.

However, when he must miss any time at all, I wish they would work in  LaChins Robinson, the

gal that works with Bob and does the color on the Atlanta Dream games.  She is basketball

smart, articulate and a heck of a lot better looking than Nique.  Then, see if the fans would

like for her to get the job next season.  Nique wouldn't allow this because he would lose

his job.

:luv:

• Like 3

:Nique: Aw, c'mon Spud.  All dem assistases I gab' you bak in the day an' you come on he'r rippin me a new one?  You seen what hap'nd to da las' dude that test me, right?

Just googled LaChina and wanted to give a special shout out to the DOM, @Gray Mule on his color analyst suggestion.  :applause:

What's that?  Oh, that stands for dirty ol' man. :cool:

I know that the Hawks can't replace him because he has too many ties to the organization.

However, when he must miss any time at all, I wish they would work in  LaChins Robinson, the

gal that works with Bob and does the color on the Atlanta Dream games.  She is basketball

smart, articulate and a heck of a lot better looking than Nique.  Then, see if the fans would

like for her to get the job next season.  Nique wouldn't allow this because he would lose

his job.

:luv:

Come on@gray mule just say you want her broadcasting because she's hot!

CvwilkkY.jpg

Nique is at least funny. You never know who's name he's going to butcher or what nonsense he will come up with. Plus he makes Bob funnier with him having to respond to Nique's remarks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

:Nique: Aw, c'mon Spud.  All dem assistases I gab' you bak in the day an' you come on he'r rippin me a new one?  You seen what hap'nd to da las' dude that test me, right?

I hope he wore some type of CDC suit with heavy gloves and put the testing needle into the sharps container! I'm pretty sure that your blood is what ends up causing the zombie apocalypse!

18 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I hope he wore some type of CDC suit with heavy gloves and put the testing needle into the sharps container! I'm pretty sure that your blood is what ends up causing the zombie apocalypse!

Geez man, can't you see that's Nique talking.  Not me.

Ah well, this level of fail is typical of the site mods.  Here's @AHF simply attempting a leisurely stroll ...

xofi3.gif

This hatred of Nique needs to stop.

In fact, let's see if the "Nique Jinx" has truth to it ( which it doesn't ) for the rest of the season. 

From now on, this thread becomes the official Nique "dagger" thread.  If he calls a game, and the Hawks go on to win, give him his props.

If he calls a game, and the opponent comes back to tie the score or takes the lead, criticism should be lobbed at Nique.

All NBA teams make runs.  So if Nique calls a game when we're up 6, and we only win by 3, that doesn't make Nique a jinx.  That makes him correct.

I wonder if people can even name 3 or 4 games in which Nique has called a game, and the opponent came back to tie the game, take a lead, or win?

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This hatred of Nique needs to stop.

In fact, let's see if the "Nique Jinx" has truth to it ( which it doesn't ) for the rest of the season. 

From now on, this thread becomes the official Nique "dagger" thread.  If he calls a game, and the Hawks go on to win, give him his props.

If he calls a game, and the opponent comes back to tie the score or takes the lead, criticism should be lobbed at Nique.

All NBA teams make runs.  So if Nique calls a game when we're up 6, and we only win by 3, that doesn't make Nique a jinx.  That makes him correct.

I wonder if people can even name 3 or 4 games in which Nique has called a game, and the opponent came back to tie the game, take a lead, or win?

None of us actually hate hate Nique.  Lighten up, Francois.

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

Come on@gray mule just say you want her broadcasting because she's hot!

CvwilkkY.jpg

Nique is at least funny. You never know who's name he's going to butcher or what nonsense he will come up with. Plus he makes Bob funnier with him having to respond to Nique's remarks.

She's 6 - 4 too.  Just tall, beautiful, and sexy.  Very good game analyst as well. 

Nique would be even more distracted if she was added as a 3rd wheel to the broadcast.  Nique still has that "pimp game" in him, so he would try to flirt with Lachina on air.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

None of us actually hate hate Nique.  Lighten up, Francois.

It's disrespectful.

As bad as Tommy Heinson is, Celtic fans defend him to the death and love his homerism.

Even the extra horrible Stacy King and Austin Carr get more love from their fan bases, than Nique gets from Hawks fans.

It's one thing to talk about how he mispronounces names.  But to act like the guy doesn't know what he is talking about and is generally clueless with his analysis, is flat out disrespectful.

The one thing Bob and Nique has as a broadcast team, is chemistry.  When you listen to them, and compare them to the rest of the league, they're easily in the top 12 of TV announce teams.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's disrespectful.

As bad as Tommy Heinson is, Celtic fans defend him to the death and love his homerism.

Even the extra horrible Stacy King and Austin Carr get more love from their fan bases, than Nique gets from Hawks fans.

It's one thing to talk about how he mispronounces names.  But to act like the guy doesn't know what he is talking about and is generally clueless with his analysis, is flat out disrespectful.

The one thing Bob and Nique has as a broadcast team, is chemistry.  When you listen to them, and compare them to the rest of the league, they're easily in the top 12 of TV announce teams.

You have actual nimbers to back that up?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's disrespectful.

All the guys you mention are bad when it comes to "intelligent analysis" IMHO.  I bet those other fanbases bemoan their guy just like we bemoan ours.

I'd defend Nique to outsiders but I'm not going to act like he's some fantastic x's and o's guy.  But for me, that's not really his purpose.  He's there to be a homer and to be a good 2nd voice to Bawb.  Like you said, he and Bawb have good chemistry and I do agree that they're probably one of the best in the league.  That has more to do with the fact that most booths are just plain unbearable to listen to since I'm not a fan of those teams but I digress.

All in all, Nique's not great at analysis but he's our guy.  I reserve the right to playfully bash him and I think you should lighten up, Francois.

Honestly, I wouldn't want some buttoned up guy in that seat anyways.  Talk about boring.  That's like listening to @hawksfanatic and @AHF have their standard offseason nerd-off over some irrelevant topic.  Who wants to listen to that?!

7 minutes ago, hazer said:

You have actual nimbers to back that up?

"Nimber" 7 in the NBA, according to awfulannouncing.com.  And one of these hating Hawks fans obviously wrote the critical commentary.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/the-nba-local-tv-announcer-rankings.html/5

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

All the guys you mention are bad when it comes to "intelligent analysis" IMHO.  I bet those other fanbases bemoan their guy just like we bemoan ours.

I'd defend Nique to outsiders but I'm not going to act like he's some fantastic x's and o's guy.  But for me, that's not really his purpose.  He's there to be a homer and to be a good 2nd voice to Bawb.  Like you said, he and Bawb have good chemistry and I do agree that they're probably one of the best in the league.  That has more to do with the fact that most booths are just plain unbearable to listen to since I'm not a fan of those teams but I digress.

All in all, Nique's not great at analysis but he's our guy.  I reserve the right to playfully bash him and I think you should lighten up, Francois.

Honestly, I wouldn't want some buttoned up guy in that seat anyways.  Talk about boring.  That's like listening to @hawksfanatic and @AHF have their standard offseason nerd-off over some irrelevant topic.  Who wants to listen to that?!

It's hard to "lighten up" when all people do is bash the guy.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's disrespectful.

EXACTLY... I was sitting here, like REALLY??? The BEST player in Hawks HISTORY, and they wanna make fun of his speech and delivery?? Im being critiqued because i dont agree with the majority of what the Hawks do, but then, some of those same people post this crap.   I wanna take the high road, but crap like this. I know people all over this country, and i KNOW how the locals support their legends, ESPECIALLY in places like Boston.

undertaker-sitting-up1.gif?w=1000

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

As a side note, before Nique we had guys like Mike Glenn and Smitty who are both outstanding at breaking down the aspects of the game and who are/were honest in their assesments as opposed to being extremely homerish.  Nique's style is not exactly like those guys behind the mic and it's probably not fair to expect him to be.  But some of the complaints might be because some miss how those other guys used to call the games.