• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Nique

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Geez man, can't you see that's Nique talking.  Not me.

Ah well, this level of fail is typical of the site mods.  Here's @AHF simply attempting a leisurely stroll ...

Try again.

You know when I walk by.

y5PO1X.gif

• Like 1

Nothcyde got me feelin bad. I love Nique except for the jinx thing. He definitely understands the game and I love his mispronunciation, it's comedic genius...it's like watching @kg01 pick up on women, you know it's a classic laughing moment, you're just waiting for it. 

Im sorry North, again I love Nique, I'll start being more respectful, but I would like to see if he continues to jinx us or not.

32 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Nothcyde got me feelin bad. I love Nique except for the jinx thing. He definitely understands the game and I love his mispronunciation, it's comedic genius...it's like watching @kg01 pick up on women, you know it's a classic laughing moment, you're just waiting for it. 

Im sorry North, again I love Nique, I'll start being more respectful, but I would like to see if he continues to jinx us or not.

Wha?  Nah, I used-ta get a lot of these kinds-a looks when I was on the prowl ...

Olivia Wilde Wants

Don't hate.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Well let's keep track of the "jinx thing".  Let's see how accurate or inaccurate Nique is.

I love 'Nique. He's a legend and the face of the Hawks. But hilarious, and a terrible announcer. Wish he/they could find something else for him, bigger and better.

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's disrespectful.

As bad as Tommy Heinson is, Celtic fans defend him to the death and love his homerism.

Even the extra horrible Stacy King and Austin Carr get more love from their fan bases, than Nique gets from Hawks fans.

It's one thing to talk about how he mispronounces names.  But to act like the guy doesn't know what he is talking about and is generally clueless with his analysis, is flat out disrespectful.

The one thing Bob and Nique has as a broadcast team, is chemistry.  When you listen to them, and compare them to the rest of the league, they're easily in the top 12 of TV announce teams.

So what you're saying is to throw logic out the window and proclaim how great Nique is as an announcer just because he's "our guy"?  I guess I'm just too honest but I'm not going to sit here and act like he's an amazing announcer and someone that truly respected him would tell him he has some work to do on this part of his "game."  I think it's more of a disservice to make him think he makes an awesome announcer.

I love Nique as a player and person.  He has his own statue, and this city embraces him for his basketball legacy but I'm not going to sugarcoat it like he's some sort of Marv Albert behind the mic.  This guy definitely has a role with the Hawks but I think it would be better suited somewhere else.

• Like 1

Bob and Nique have chemistry in their broadcast.  OK.  Fine.  If you ever watch

the Atlanta Dream's games, LaChina and Bob have great chemistry.  So much for that.

DOM.  I object.  A man I am.  Old?  Well, I admit that.   Dirty?  Just because I admire a

beautiful, talented, articulate lady, that makes me dirty?  If so, I'm guilty.

Do I hate Nique?    No.  Let me ask you this:  If you owned a team and had a good player

that you could trade for a better player, would you make the trade?

Nique is good.  LaChina is better!!

Why can't we dislike Nique as an announcer while loving who he was as a player? The two things are not one in the same right? He's among the worst announcers but he's still better than listening to any other teams announcer. My old lady is usually yapping so much during the game I can barely hear him anyway lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

Why can't we dislike Nique as an announcer while loving who he was as a player? The two things are not one in the same right? He's among the worst announcers but he's still better than listening to any other teams announcer. My old lady is usually yapping so much during the game I can barely hear him anyway lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check her....:-X I like advising people to "check" their gf's and wives but don't like doing it myself...lol...it's not worth the drama. Lol

23 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

So what you're saying is to throw logic out the window and proclaim how great Nique is as an announcer just because he's "our guy"?  I guess I'm just too honest but I'm not going to sit here and act like he's an amazing announcer and someone that truly respected him would tell him he has some work to do on this part of his "game."  I think it's more of a disservice to make him think he makes an awesome announcer.

I love Nique as a player and person.  He has his own statue, and this city embraces him for his basketball legacy but I'm not going to sugarcoat it like he's some sort of Marv Albert behind the mic.  This guy definitely has a role with the Hawks but I think it would be better suited somewhere else.

No one said that Nique was an amazing announcer.  But he's nowhere near the worse.  His game analysis is right on point the vast majority of the time.

Like most color commentators, he has his catch phrases and normal talking points.  But a bad announcer to me is a guy whose analysis is off base, or is just so much of a homer that it becomes sickening.

But nope. People are too busy making fun of how Nique mispronounces names, or how he calls a game early ( correctly 95% of the time ) as reasons why he's a bad announcer.

It could be much worse.  Jon Barry could be our color guy.

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No one said that Nique was an amazing announcer.  But he's nowhere near the worse.  His game analysis is right on point the vast majority of the time.

Like most color commentators, he has his catch phrases and normal talking points.  But a bad announcer to me is a guy whose analysis is off base, or is just so much of a homer that it becomes sickening.

But nope. People are too busy making fun of how Nique mispronounces names, or how he calls a game early ( correctly 95% of the time ) as reasons why he's a bad announcer.

It could be much worse.  Jon Barry could be our color guy.

Omg....if Jon Barry is ever announcing I mute that shit asap...he is a Hawk hater because Woody buried his no talented ass on the bench. He is a has been never was...he acts like he was a huge part of the Sac Kings success....he was a minuscule part of it. Straight idiot.