• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Walter Edy Tavares

Wurider05

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Because Bud isn't going to do that. He is going to play Moose.

I sure wish you were coaching instead of Bud. GM'ing too...

2 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

Why not just give his Splitter's minutes and throw him into the fire. What is the worst that can happen? 

You're saying what we're all thinking.  Guess we will see how it plays out.  He should at least be seeing the court every game, even if it is for a short time.

• Like 1

Not a very talented team outside of the PGs and bigs. Two starters that shouldn't be starters and a bench that is complete and utter trash outside of the top 3 players right now. With even an AVERAGE SF, they have 5 more wins right now.

Muscala really is not an NBA player, just isn't. The verticality rule will be an issue with Tavares and he likely gets in foul trouble in the first game back from break in the hypothetical he plays but better for him to learn than let Muscala get shoved around and be part of gameplans of "Attack him fiercely, he doesn't have the respect of whistles and even if he did, he's weak down low".

You can whine all you want about coaching, but the fact of the matter was last season was a very severe overachieve and I'm not seeing the talent. This is a 50-52 win at best and one that is underachieving due to the Georgia sports curse. Every Georgia team sucks in crunch time or against the best, it's not just this one.

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You can whine all you want about coaching, but the fact of the matter was last season was a very severe overachieve and I'm not seeing the talent. This is a 50-52 win at best and one that is underachieving due to the Georgia sports curse. Every Georgia team sucks in crunch time or against the best, it's not just this one.

Teams are prepared for them now. Caught a lot of teams by surprise last year, especially Korver plus they're older. I don't think the media emphasizes how this is a veteran team.

The Hawks recalled Lamar Patterson and Edy Tavares from a stint in the NBA Development League Sunday after they played a pair of games for the Austin Spurs.

Tavares had 17 points, 14 rebounds and three blocks in 22 minutes of a 110-104 win over the Oklahoma City Blue Sunday. Patterson had 16 points, five assists and two rebounds in 33 minutes in the game.

Patterson had 12 points, five assists and two rebounds in 36 minutes of a 90-78 road win over Oklahoma City Saturday. Tavares had eight points, seven rebounds and two blocks in 18 minutes.

Wow, I know it's DLeague, but Edy averaging just shy of a double double & 2.5 blocks in 21 minutes?!?! I'd really like to get him some more burn, even if it means missing the playoffs (but getting a better pick), so that he's much more comfortable next year. Plus he'd make these games a lot more interesting to watch even when we are losing.

• Like 1