• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

So what is the excuse tonite?

Vol4ever

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Al Loves Atlanta because we're going to give him the max.    38 minutes. 4  rebs.

Josh McRoberts. 29 minutes.  6 rebs.

U r looking at the wrong player to compare him, it's not fair to compare him to other bigs...

Watch this: Dennis 21 mins 3rebs...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Al Loves Atlanta because we're going to give him the max.    38 minutes. 4  rebs.

Josh McRoberts. 29 minutes.  6 rebs.

I wouldn't even want him at a discount at this point.  Jesus.  

If you focus exclusively on him for a few minutes you'd think he was a rag doll.  He does absolutely nothing with force.  

He used to run the floor hard as hell, screened well, and rebounded respectfully.  One year he was the highest rated post defender in the league.  He's a shell of a shell now.  

Our long-time leader is now infecting those who follow him with listlessness, luckily Dennis and Sap are self-starters.  You know it's bad when Dennis has to clap at him and slap his ass like he's Edy.  

This is the player who Danny Ainge felt wasn't good enough for the relief of Lee's contract and a player who's still in college.  Probably cussed Bud ass out even asking about the Net's pick.  I would've.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I wouldn't even want him at a discount at this point.  Jesus.  

If you focus exclusively on him for a few minutes you'd think he was a rag doll.  He does absolutely nothing with force.  

He used to run the floor hard as hell, screened well, and rebounded respectfully.  One year he was the highest rated post defender in the league.  He's a shell of a shell now.  

Our long-time leader is now infecting those who follow him with listlessness, luckily Dennis and Sap are self-starters.  You know it's bad when Dennis has to clap at him and slap his ass like he's Edy.  

This is the player who Danny Ainge felt wasn't good enough for the relief of Lee's contract and a player who's still in college.  Probably cussed Bud ass out even asking about the Net's pick.  I would've.

I didn't see the game last , so im not placing blame on anyone..
But i will say what i have been saying for months. Horford is not worth the max...
You can't give 25+ mil a year to a center that  #1  doesn't  rebound #2 has no post game # 3.  never gets to the free throw line. It's a bad investment.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Blame it on the guards.  Poor passing and lack of control when the game gets tight.  Kirk should have gotten minutes.

It's easy to blame who you can't stand. I will say it over and over again, this team is who they is. Inconsistent, will beat very good teams only to lose to one of the worst team in the NBA. Their defense is consistently good but nights like last, they can drop the ball. This team is what they are. A 50 win team that's extremely flawed. They remind me a tad of the Joe era teams but they are much better coached and have a legit system on offense and defense. They need more talent and they need to get a starting SF. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's easy to blame who you can't stand. I will say it over and over again, this team is who they is. Inconsistent, will beat very good teams only to lose to one of the worst team in the NBA. Their defense is consistently good but nights like last, they can drop the ball. This team is what they are. A 50 win team that's extremely flawed. They remind me a tad of the Joe era teams but they are much better coached and have a legit system on offense and defense. They need more talent and they need to get a starting SF. 

It's a shame Tiago splitter was hurt. We  could have used his salary to get Jeff Green. He's not elite but he is a legitimate  starting  SF that's athletic,  hits open shots, defends the position and is a big body when you face Lebron. The Grizzlies basically have him away for nothing; I was shocked the Hawks didn't try and get him, but other than Teague and Splitter I don't think the salaries would match. He's not worth Teague.

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Unfortunately, we can't get any of those. A: No one really ever comes to the Hawks and B: BudCox hates the draft like Pop hates the 3pt shot. 

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That's why they don't stress me out.  People are expecting the excellence that they saw last December and January, when the Hawks were playing at an all time great level.

From Nov 28th - Jan 31st, they went 33 - 2. ... ( .943 winning peecentage ) 

Take away that stretch, the Hawks were 27 - 20 ... ( .575 winning percentage )

That's a 47 win pace, compared to a 77 win pace.  Right now we're at a 45 win pace.

The Hawks need more talent, without giving up the talent they already have.  Losing Splitter hurts, because he was a guy that did things that translated into wins.  

Hawks either need multiple guys playing at the highest level they can play, or they need to get one of these bought out players.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's why they don't stress me out.  People are expecting the excellence that they saw last December and January, when the Hawks were playing at an all time great level.

That's a 47 win pace, compared to a 77 win pace.  Right now we're at a 45 win pace.

The Hawks need more talent, without giving up the talent they already have.  Losing Splitter hurts, because he was a guy that did things that translated into wins.  

Hawks either need multiple guys playing at the highest level they can play, or they need to get one of these bought out players.

I bet they don't sign one of the bigs.  Sounds like Varejo (sp) will sign with a GS or SA.  

I blame the loss on Bud. He made some terrible substitutions for us in this game most notably down the stretch. For one our starters are playing horribly together. Some nights its bad offense, others it bad defense, other times its both. Point blank they are not a good unit together. It needs to be shaken up. The fact that the bench has carried and/or gotten us back in to games this calender year should tell you something. How Kent Bazemore became the head shoulders choice to start over Thabo is perplexing. What has this kid done in his career to warrant the long leash he gets is beyond me. Kyle on the other has earned his long leash, deservedly, but he still isn't getting it done either. We have done better on the glass as a team but we still have an obvious lack of physicality and presence in the post dating back since Bud got here. Also the tug of war between Jeff and Dennis is a nightly battle that has to be managed closely.

Overall Bud has become a very reactive coach. He too has gotten complacent. Our offensive and defensive execution has been poor since LAST January. That's on the coach. There used to be youtube breakdowns of how crisp and lethal our offensive sets were.  Somewhere along the way, we went from an organized offensive squad predicated on pick and roll and triangle to an entirely free flow offense and unless we are hitting jumpshots we simply don't have the players needed to execute that style. Nobody can create their own shot or get to the foul line. All opponents have to do is stay home against us and we will bail them out with bad shot after bad shot.

Defensively we fall asleep for entire stretches of games

We are just a bad squad right now and the sooner everyone in the Hawks locker room realizes that the better. We aren't a good team right now. We aren't just going to figure it out because we had one good season. We need to shake things up. The status quo has been ineffective and decoded by the league. Whats the definition of doing the same thing over and over expecting different results?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Totally agreed on what you said, Hawks have still one roster spot and have more financial flexibility, they are still searching who to add in this team, might not add a player this season, probably have to wait till offseason this summer.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

4 hours ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Totally agreed on what you said, Hawks have still one roster spot and have more financial flexibility, they are still searching who to add in this team, might not add a player this season, probably have to wait till offseason this summer.

Hawks are not gonna add anybody that could help them. The plan is simple: KEEP what little marketing you have ( MAX HORFORD),  and deploy a semblance of a winning team around him. NOT A GREAT TEAM, but win just enough games to keep the fans happy while they make money.  It is what it is.  Hawks been doing this, again, 50  years.  Its who they are and always will be.  Remember, Bazemore is up for contract also.  Hawks gonna most likely sign or replace Baze and Splitter with SIMILAR talent because Horford is gonna eat up their space, which is what the Hawks WANT to do.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Hawks are not gonna add anybody that could help them. The plan is simple: KEEP what little marketing you have ( MAX HORFORD),  and deploy a semblance of a winning team around him. NOT A GREAT TEAM, but win just enough games to keep the fans happy while they make money.  It is what it is.  Hawks been doing this, again, 50  years.  Its who they are and always will be.  Remember, Bazemore is up for contract also.  Hawks gonna most likely sign or replace Baze and Splitter with SIMILAR talent because Horford is gonna eat up their space, which is what the Hawks WANT to do.

We will see this summer, If Al gets the max or they decide to  let him walk,  i still dont think Hawks will give  that max money to Hordford easily

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker