• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official* Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks (7:30 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya some weird stuff going on...I thought @kg01 was messin around lol

Oh shit you know what it is don't you? It's all because @Dolfan23 got engaged to some chick with rabies. The site must be infected now because Dolf went all Jenny McCarthy on us and decided not to vaccinate the site. FFS Dolf

wrong_with_you_people_office_space.gif

3 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

I agree the issue is more than dribble-pentration. But the dribble-penetration also caused for allot of offensive rebounds and easy put-backs for Milwaukee. The many TO's on that end are also caused because of them milking that end relentlessly. So causing many TO's there as well as being productive from there. TO's stand out more then when things go right. Its that way with many things, like selling news stories. No one cares for good news. Also Middleton was very quite last night because the game didnt go trough him(shooting). Really a truckload of offensive rebounds came after dribble penetration. Which makes our bigs look bad, but really, before rebounding they have to come out and cover the penetration, hence creating a rebounding advantage for guys like Monroe and Parker.

This is an issue, no matter what type of team we play.  Even when we play jumpshooting teams, they crash the boards and do the same thing.

Bud says that defense isnt the issue, but defensive rebounding is the last part of defense.

The Hawks are ranked 4th overall defensively and 18th offensively.  But we lose games because we cant close out on both ends of the floor.

• Like 1

vor 5 Stunden, NBASupes sagte:

World to silly. I literally was in the chat telling each possession what was happening. Each f***ing defensive possession.  @lethalweapon3 and numerous others as my witness and it was dribble drives constantly that was killing our defense. Especially from the SF position and Dennis. 

They were attacking the paint, we switch to the ball handler, they either try for a layup, pass the ball out, turn the ball over or pass it to Parker, Plumlee or Monroe for an easy assist. It was too obvious. I am literally watching the game and breaking this down in the chat. Yet you want to talk about f**king rebounds? What about rebounds. Which the exception of maybe three, one that felt out of Horford's hands, one that Millsap tipped to the other team and one that Horford tipped out to Thabo but it when out of bounds, most of our rebounding chances were fall more SLIM than Milwaukee's. Why is that? 

1. Penetration, are bigs were out of position due to penetration and weren't in position for rebounds thanks to our guards.

2. We are a jump shooting team, those teams tend to be lower rebounding teams more times than not unless they have a Dwight Howard or DeAndre Jordan anchoring the paint. 

3. Bud's style of play is not conducive to rebounding as mostly everyone runs on  possessions to get easy points or not to give up easy points with our team. 

If you don't understand how we play, it's best you don't speak on it. 

• Starters
  • Storie
  • Stories
  • Head
  • World Maps
  • Outcomes
  • Free online chat rooms
  • Stori
  • Advantage
  • Positions
  • Starters
  • Storie
  • Stories
  • Head
  • World Maps
  • Outcomes
  • Free online chat rooms
  • Stori
  • Advantage
  • Positions
  • Starters
  • Storie

I hate to be this guy all the time, but I dont really blame Dennis. The PG vs PG setup is the most prone to aquire help-d and Dennis overall does a relatively good job at that, even if he gets beaten at times in all games. He's also extremely good at going over screens, so making such situations even more likely, but all in all he and Al have it under controll, also since Dennis is doing allot of irrritating help stuff to help out the bigs in return. MCW who Dennis played most the time only came up with 2 assists the whole entire 2OT game. That MIL went for him in the 4th was no coincidence, scoring a bunch after a quite game where he only shined trough rebounding. It took ATL by suprise and went after Dennis's straining fatigue he was prolly saving more for offense, after MCW not being a factor the whole entire game. The dribble penetration went much more trough the wings, which is where they are hard to beat from the PG position with all those young long armed guys, so what needs to happen is having wing players of our own who can keep them in front of them after those plays being innitiated. Also why Baze looked like a total D-league player out there. Scott is nice when he's scoring but in these situations vs fast/talented SF's he's terrible. And Sap. I praise the man, but he's asked to do to much. His season-fatigue is already showing. We need a reliable SF who shows up every night.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

Schröder was great last night until the 2nd OT, and even in the 2nd OT only one of MCW’s baskets was a defensive breakdown. I’m not sure wtf he’s supposed to about a long, 6’6” guard just shooting jumpers over him being that he is 6’1”, and said guard can just get his shot over Teague too…

Yeah this infolink sh$t is wilding out now, taking me to different pages and apps.  It's not half as wild as $20 in donations in 4 months, though.  Can't even knock your hustle, Dol, do what you gotta.  

I'm gonna assume your account was looking rather robust around this time last year.  Blame the Hawks for lack of interest and making people feel like they have less disposable income becuase they're buying more alcohol to cope.  But after you blame all the cheap asses for not ponying of course.

Yeah this infolink sh$t is wilding out now, taking me to different pages and apps.  It's not half as wild as $20 in donations in 4 months, though.  Can't even knock your hustle, Dol, do what you gotta.  

I'm gonna assume your account was looking rather robust around this time last year.  Blame the Hawks for lack of interest and making people feel like they have less disposable income becuase they're buying more alcohol to cope.  But after you blame all the cheap asses for not ponying of course.

I assure you that we have always lost money on Hawksquawk every year regardless about team success. Not that this site is run to get money but it's hard sometimes when there's 1 or 2 members donating small amounts over 4 months. Especially since I've been out of work 4 months now and I'm doing the best I can to keep us up to date and keeping the servers up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya some weird stuff going on...I thought @kg01 was messin around lol

Yall are so mean.

One note on this game, i noticed several instances where Dennis was beefin with guys on court.  He and Kyle, then he and Sap.  Both times, IMHO, Dennis was in the right.