• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Let's have a little fun with this Warriors game

JTB

We know the Warriors are going to blow out the Hawks so what's your final score?

I say 111-89....Warriors have game wrapped up by late 2nd quarter or middle of 3rd.

After game quotes will go something like this:

Bud- "I thought our defense was good for the most part and those guys (warriors) just hit some tough shots. As far as offense goes we have to continue to try and find our groove on that end and as always we would like to be better on the boards too"

Horford-"We're just in a bad place right now but I know how hard these guys practice so I'm confident we will turn things around"

Teague-"We just got to be better"

Korver-"It's extremely frustrating. We know we are a better team and we are just putting ourselves in a deeper hole to get out of"

Sap-"We just got to be better on both ends of the floor. Get back to the fundamentals."

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

Q. What are your thoughts and the mindset of the team going into this important game?

A. We need a win. Big time. Everybody is saying it’s Golden State. We don’t care. We are desperate for a win. We need one badly.

Q. They like to run. You like to run. Can you run with them?

A. We’ll see how the pace of the game is going. We know we like to push the tempo and get our pace up. They like to do the same thing. Good thing is, we have home-court advantage.

Q. Do you have to stay with your personnel? Or do you have to watch how often they change and how different they are almost every possession?

A. I think we don’t want to get ourselves into trouble playing their type of basketball. I think we stay with what we do, who we have and go with that. We have to be confident in who we have and what we’ve got.

Q. What is your strength in a matchup against them? What is something you’d like to play up?

A. They like to play really small, Draymond (Green) at the 5. We want to try to exploit some mismatches but not get too carries away. Continue to play our style but make them work on the defensive end with us trying to exploit some of those matchups.

Q. Will you guard the 3-point line against them even more so than normal?

A. Even more so. We’ll pick them up coming out of the locker room.

Q. Were there takeaways against Miami or Milwaukee? Things you saw that you want to change?

A. You know what? I think we played a solid game against Milwaukee. I think they hit some tough shots. They did everything possible to win a game. They got the loose balls. Some things went in their favor. They won a game because of it. We keep that same mentality, that same intensity, and hopefully get a win tonight.

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks win 114-97  :tongue:

#ThatBuckheadNightLife.

lol hopefully Magic City wins tonite.

On a serious note Hawks,

Brace Yourself - Game of Thrones Meme meme

{Could not find a gif for this, sorta glad I didn't.}

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Q. What are your thoughts and the mindset of the team going into this important game?

A. We need a win. Big time. Everybody is saying it’s Golden State. We don’t care. We are desperate for a win. We need one badly.

Q. They like to run. You like to run. Can you run with them?

A. We’ll see how the pace of the game is going. We know we like to push the tempo and get our pace up. They like to do the same thing. Good thing is, we have home-court advantage.

Q. Do you have to stay with your personnel? Or do you have to watch how often they change and how different they are almost every possession?

A. I think we don’t want to get ourselves into trouble playing their type of basketball. I think we stay with what we do, who we have and go with that. We have to be confident in who we have and what we’ve got.

Q. What is your strength in a matchup against them? What is something you’d like to play up?

A. They like to play really small, Draymond (Green) at the 5. We want to try to exploit some mismatches but not get too carries away. Continue to play our style but make them work on the defensive end with us trying to exploit some of those matchups.

Q. Will you guard the 3-point line against them even more so than normal?

A. Even more so. We’ll pick them up coming out of the locker room.

Q. Were there takeaways against Miami or Milwaukee? Things you saw that you want to change?

A. You know what? I think we played a solid game against Milwaukee. I think they hit some tough shots. They did everything possible to win a game. They got the loose balls. Some things went in their favor. They won a game because of it. We keep that same mentality, that same intensity, and hopefully get a win tonight.

Who's interviewing? Bud?

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

Hawks Win........Pero runs on to the floor to enter the Sandman screaming "Nothing Easy!" before heading butting Steph.  Horf knocks Iggy over during a rebound battle and says "stay the f- down".  Sap crosses over a beleaguered Draymond Green before swishing a fall away mid-range shot for the closer. 

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

Hawks Win........Pero runs on to the floor to enter the Sandman screaming "Nothing Easy!" before heading butting Steph.  Horf knocks Iggy over during a rebound battle and says "stay the f- down".  Sap crosses over a beleaguered Draymond Green before swishing a fall away mid-range shot for the closer. 

Funny you mention Pero.  Steve Holman just said he and Elton's departure has affected chemistry.  Of course if we were 2nd in the East he wouldn't mention them but here we are looking for excuses.

1 hour ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

What if Hawks win this game? :laugh:

Hmmm I would think that the only way we could win this game , would be for us to call in the aliens from SpaceJam to be ringers on the team...
But, i guess there is a" small" chance that the Hawk's could play a damn near perfect game, and pull off a win. 

2 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

This being the Hawks, this MIGHT be one of those games they turn it up and surprise people.

It would only go right in line with their yo-yo trends.  Those 2008 - 2011 Joe Johnson teams used to win big home games all the time, then lose mind boggling games to bad teams.

• Like 1