• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Jazz

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JTB said:

Great win for our Hawks! Defense was great again!

But I'm surprised by one thing after this game and that's that I can't believe the Jazz didn't go harder after one of our pgs. Of course I much rather keep them but I'm shocked at how bad their pg situation is....I like Mack but he's definitely a backup. They have no real starting quality pg and if they are going to run a similar offense like ours one is needed badly!!!

again im not trying to make a case for them to go after one of ours pgs I wouldn't suggest anything to make another team better. Im just a bit shocked because I remember reading that the Jazz wasnt willing to trade any of their core players and they were a bit stubborn about the whole idea.....after watching that game I'm scratching my head asking why?

Jazz need a pg worse than we need a SF. I know Baze isn't really a SF and Thabo can't really play starter minutes at this point of his career but they are extremely serviceable until bud can fetch him another good talent. But the Jazz...man they have no business holding on to every key player. Their pg situation will continue to be one until they decide to trade a core player imo.

*On a side note I don't like Rudy Gobert in this offense he looks very off to me playing this style of ball movement offense! I would much rather keep a smaller center like horford is my point....bigger ain't always better.

I am very bullish on Jazz 2017. I WAS riding the wave along with many pundits on Jazz 2016... right up to the moment Dante Exited for the whole NBA season after tearing his ACL while playing for the Aussies. If he can start his comeback this summer and develop along with the team next preseason, I feel good about their shot at being next year's Boston out West. It will also help if Gobert spends an offseason working heavily on post moves and shot mechanics, so he won't look like the Stifled Tower whenever he has to do anything offensively aside from dunks and putbacks.

Just about everybody on the Utah roster returns next year, barring trades, but their challenge looms in Summer 2017, when Hayward walks while Exum, Hood, and Gobert are all looking for extensions. 

As for this year, they can right the ship and still make the playoffs, but not without Alec Burks back to boost the offense, and not when they get the Shelvin Mack that showed up yesterday. As wretched as Mack was last night, there was no reliable alternative (Hood, maybe?) to direct the offense and thwart the tyranny of Teague. The boos you may have heard, as the Hawks' vets ably arm-wrestled the lead away, I suspect were frustrated Jazz fans not giving Raul Neto more of a chance. Neto's not really better, but at least the fans have gotten used to him. And how bad off is Trey Burke that he never even got a side glance from Coach Quin?

~lw3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Great win for our Hawks! Defense was great again!

But I'm surprised by one thing after this game and that's that I can't believe the Jazz didn't go harder after one of our pgs. Of course I much rather keep them but I'm shocked at how bad their pg situation is....I like Mack but he's definitely a backup. They have no real starting quality pg and if they are going to run a similar offense like ours one is needed badly!!!

again im not trying to make a case for them to go after one of ours pgs I wouldn't suggest anything to make another team better. Im just a bit shocked because I remember reading that the Jazz wasnt willing to trade any of their core players and they were a bit stubborn about the whole idea.....after watching that game I'm scratching my head asking why?

Jazz need a pg worse than we need a SF. I know Baze isn't really a SF and Thabo can't really play starter minutes at this point of his career but they are extremely serviceable until bud can fetch him another good talent. But the Jazz...man they have no business holding on to every key player. Their pg situation will continue to be one until they decide to trade a core player imo.

*On a side note I don't like Rudy Gobert in this offense he looks very off to me playing this style of ball movement offense! I would much rather keep a smaller center like horford is my point....bigger ain't always better.

The rumor was that the Jazz were interested in Teague, Hawks asked for Hood and their 2016 1st rounder. Jazz declined.

Teams like the Jazz, Bucks, Minny, Philly, Sacramento etc. with their so called 'talented cores" who they just aren't trading, are all in need of a competent point guard.  They can have as many talented cores as they want but until they get a competent PG to bring out the best in these 'cores' they will be on the outside looking in on the playoffs.

Great Win!! Teague lead the way.  His offense was good but his defense was awesome.  He was really fighting through screens and playing harder on that end.

When Teague plays like this we are tough to beat.

We have got to fix the getting down big early in games, it's becoming a BAD habit.  And we shot 50% from the freethrow line - gotta fix that. We don't get there often enough as it is so we do get there we need to make them.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

I just thought Trey Burke was injured. I didn't realize he was buried on the bench.

Alec Burks is the injured one.

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Alec Burks is the injured one.

Ya I knew that...no confusion here on the law offices of Burke and Burks but I just thought Burke would get at least 15-20 minutes but I guess he must have F'd up in practice or Synder kinda just hates him lol

On another note can someone tell Bazemore the court is 50 feet wide.  STOP STEPPING OUT OF BOUNDS in the corner.

He does this in what seems like EVERY game!!  It's annoying.

.giphy.gif