• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Grizzlies at Hawks

lethalweapon3

14 minutes ago, rd79 said:

Bud only wants to ensure that Hawks can keep Dennis for cheap $3,824,518 in his 5th year...

That makes no sense.  Dennis will be RFA and some team will offer him a contract.

I have no issue with Bud when he benches Dennis if he doesn't like what he sees.  Same with Teague.

I hope Dennis's mind is on the game tomorrow against the Pacers and not his club opening.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That makes no sense.  Dennis will be RFA and some team will offer him a contract.

I have no issue with Bud when he benches Dennis if he doesn't like what he sees.  Same with Teague.

I hope Dennis's mind is on the game tomorrow against the Pacers and not his club opening.

But benching after 3 mins isn't fair, everybody can have 3 bad mins. Normally good players make them up later. But there was no later for Dennis. He was send to the scorers table late 4th, but called back in the last timeout before checking in...

If Dennis signs the qualifying offer, he'll be an UFA after that 5th year...

Edited by rd79

2 minutes ago, rd79 said:

If Dennis signs the qualifying offer, he'll be an UFA after that 5th year...

Yes...and??? How many players actually do that.

Jimmy Butler might be the only one who's done that recently.

Dennis plays bad, gets pulled and now we're supposed to be upset??  Bull Feathers!

Our number three point guard, that kid Hinrich that the Hawks picked up recently,

came in and had a very good game, or so I thought.

Hawks have another game and a tough on coming up Sunday afternoon and they will need

everyone ready to go.

• Like 1

I just figured it had more to do with getting Hiney some burn before the playoffs and keeping Dennis fresh for the game tomorrow which is more important since it's against an eastern team we might see in the postseason. We need a loose Hiney with experience for the playoffs, right?

• Like 1

What are the odds?  I didn't even see the game, but  I did see Dennis driving pretty briskly through Buckhead traffic around 5:30-6:00 and thought he was cutting it pretty close for a 7:30 start.  

Are the Grizzlies gonna field a real NBA team anytime soon?  Losing Conley for an extended period is awful with 4 games versus SA/GS remaining on their schedule only 6 games from 8th.  How they're even in 5th place is a miracle.  I need to see Joerger with some more talent but he seems like a quality coach.  He coached a ragtag group  to a big first half lead, but who doesn't versus the Hawks.  Or outrebound them by 16.  Let's Go Anyway.