• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Grizzlies at Hawks

lethalweapon3

vor 12 Stunden, Gray Mule sagte:

Dennis plays bad, gets pulled and now we're supposed to be upset??  Bull Feathers!

Our number three point guard, that kid Hinrich that the Hawks picked up recently,

came in and had a very good game, or so I thought.

Hawks have another game and a tough on coming up Sunday afternoon and they will need

everyone ready to go.

what?? :D good game?  0 points 3 assists in 15 minutes? 

thats what you call a good game??

There is more to having a good game than scoring.  Assists means that the player that you

gave the ball also scored "Right then."    Also, some defense doesn't always show up on

the box score.

Did the score difference change while he was in the game?  Did our lead get tighter?

Who was on the floor while he was in? 

Lots of things to consider.  Personally, and it's just my opinion, he had a good game.

21 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

There is more to having a good game than scoring.  Assists means that the player that you

gave the ball also scored "Right then."    Also, some defense doesn't always show up on

the box score.

Did the score difference change while he was in the game?  Did our lead get tighter?

Who was on the floor while he was in? 

Lots of things to consider.  Personally, and it's just my opinion, he had a good game.

I'm not a hockey guy AT ALL...but I believe in the hockey assist. :-)

Seriously, Bud is sometimes really harsh on Dennis and extremely critical with him. More critical on him than on others. And sometimes he's absolutely killing his momentum by subbing him out or putting him in the doghouse.

I have no idea how their relationship is, but i feel like he really cares for dennis and his evolution as a player. He's putting him in challenging situations both mentally and physically..
Reminds me of the early Tony P days.

• Like 3

Didnt he come in after the game and say yea we need to get Kirk some minutes as well - hes been doing good things in practice, and also its a back to back like he gave Dennis a little rest and maybe more minutes tonight, post game made it sound like a rest thing more than anything

2 hours ago, quero said:

Seriously, Bud is sometimes really harsh on Dennis and extremely critical with him. More critical on him than on others. And sometimes he's absolutely killing his momentum by subbing him out or putting him in the doghouse.

I have no idea how their relationship is, but i feel like he really cares for dennis and his evolution as a player. He's putting him in challenging situations both mentally and physically..
Reminds me of the early Tony P days.

Bud is no harsher on Dennis than Teague, he's benched Teague for full 4th quarters before and pulled him early in games.  Our PGs control the tempo and pace of our team when either struggle he has every right to sit them .

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bud is no harsher on Dennis than Teague, he's benched Teague for full 4th quarters before and pulled him early in games.  Our PGs control the tempo and pace of our team when either struggle he has every right to sit them .

Yeah, I think there's a bit of selective remembering going on with this event.

And one thing I find pointless about any discussion on playing time is that none of us know what is going on behind the scenes. Viv at some point finally blabbed about why Dennis was benched for those 2 games in December (mouthing-off was what Viv mentioned....can't find a link to it sorry). But why is it now that Dennis is benched? Uh well, not sure but I don't pretend to think that behind the scenes Dennis is a saint or a hellchild. I think I'm OK with giving Bud the benefit of the doubt on this one and thinking that there is *some reason* outside of a poor 3 minute stretch for the Dennis benching. Yeah, a 3 minute stretch of poor play is a bit odd to take someone out but it's also not at all unheard of for a bench player on this team. Hell, there were 2 times Mike Scott only got a 3 minute chance at playing last season: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/scottmi01/gamelog/2015/ and for this season Mike Scott has had one 3-minute game and 4 times where he had 6 or fewer minutes: http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/scottmi01/gamelog/2016/

3 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Bud can bench anyone on the team but Dennis.  You just don't bench greatness.

Am I doing it right?

That's OK but you really need to directly insult someone else on the team for the full effect. Indirect insults are eh, come on mace. You can do better.

16 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

That's OK but you really need to directly insult someone else on the team for the full effect. Indirect insults are eh, come on mace. You can do better.

Sigh, you're right. Bear with me though, daylight savings does more than cause car accidents and heart attacks, it robs you of both a hour and snark.

19 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Damn Memphis.  Another Fiddy point drubbing?  We understood against GS.  But Houston?!?!

Once Z-Bo and Birdman comes back, they'll be alright.  Lance has all of a sudden become their best player, but Joeger is still bringing him off the bench.  May as well make him a starter and let him run the point, instead of making him the 6th man.

13 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Once Z-Bo and Birdman comes back, they'll be alright.  Lance has all of a sudden become their best player, but Joeger is still bringing him off the bench.  May as well make him a starter and let him run the point, instead of making him the 6th man.

Hmmm...Lance as your starting point guard? I'd prolly rather take a frying pan to the head.