• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's time to give Teague love. He's been one of the best PG's in the NBA since ASB. He's been a freaking problem for defenses around the league.

As long as he defends we're top notch.  Gotta give your boy some love too.  He'll never rebound like he used to, but he's doing everything else great.

Is this a joke on SportsSouth?  Danny Manning Driven special?  GTFOH!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

As long as he defends we're top notch.  Gotta give your boy some love too.  He'll never rebound like he used to, but he's doing everything else great.

That's the thing about Teague, when he's motivated he's one of the best players in the NBA but when he goes through the motions, everybody can tell. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This team play way better defense than any Hawks team I've seen

They're exceptional at the moment (6th OPPG) but I'll still take the '15 Team pre-Thabo injury at #1 in points allowed.  They were better than the Grindhouse at its peak with a pace twice as fast.  If we had beat Toronto 96-94 I'd be on board.  DeMarre is better equipped to guard isolation and FT beasts like DeRozan than Baze while allowing Thabo to play safety.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

They're exceptional at the moment (6th OPPG) but I'll still take the '15 Team pre-Thabo injury at #1 in points allowed.  They were better than the Grindhouse at its peak with a pace twice as fast.  If we had beat Toronto 96-94 I'd be on board.  DeMarre is better equipped to guard isolation and FT beasts like DeRozan than Baze while allowing Thabo to play safety.

In all fairness, the scoring has really gone up this season in the NBA 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seeing the defense in person is a thing of beauty.

Great game start to finish. 

Humphries is just what we needed. He is tough. 

I know right?  I think Bud is teaching the guys some cornerback principles.  They fly around with great awareness of man and ball, but the scouting shines through too.  From my vantage point they don't even communicate excessively.  They're just naturally in sync now.

The three point percentage  allowed went from an Achilles to a strength in this dominant run.  With Threezus regaining His Glory, timing couldn't be more perfect.

• Like 1

I know some say avoiding the Cavs until ECFs isn't the end game, and lately that's looking correct. But 6th or 3rd does the trick. Currently 6th, keep this up and 3rd is ours. Keep this up, ECFs...

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I said the same thing about the Manning commercial on another thread a month ago...I nearly puked. His name brings back horrible memories. Smh

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

I know some say avoiding the Cavs until ECFs isn't the end game, and lately that's looking correct. But 6th or 3rd does the trick. Currently 6th, keep this up and 3rd is ours. Keep this up, ECFs...

Then again, Raps may be the tougher matchup...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I said the same thing about the Manning commercial on another thread a month ago...I nearly puked. His name brings back horrible memories. Smh

Sports programming is going over my head these days.  I thought covering Poker like March Madness was a stretch.  They got analysis shows for RPG Nerd Gaming now.  But ESPN is hiring more hot chicks in minidresses as we speak so I'm good.  

6 hours ago, hawksfanatic said:

Mopeds are no joke and a bit like @kg01's momma. Fun to ride, but if your bros found out about it they'd make fun of your ass.

Also, I've broken ribs riding both of those things.

You gonna be honest about how you got those broken ribs?

Pretty sure it had something to do with autoerotic asphyxiation between you and @Spud2Nique

31 minutes ago, hazer said:

Definitely need 3rd or 6th.  As long as we're within striking distance of Miami, you play for that 3 seed.

Miami has an easy schedule, so we can't have any bad weeks the rest of the way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Definitely need 3rd or 6th.  As long as we're within striking distance of Miami, you play for that 3 seed.

Miami has an easy schedule, so we can't have any bad weeks the rest of the way.

Yeah, 3rd is definitely where it's at for the Hawks. And very attainable...

10 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Other than boxing out, I really have no complaints about Al. I am really starting to like Bazemore now. He's making quick decisions, something he refused to do for most of the season. 

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ya'll mad?  LOL.  

He must read the Squawk, and know that people call him a jinx when he calls a game "too early".

Ya what is he like 1-27 now? I'm just glad he called it when we were up by quite a bit. Not like he usually does with us up by like 4 or 6 with 5 minutes left. Smh.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya what is he like 1-27 now? I'm just glad he called it when we were up by quite a bit. Not like he usually does with us up by like 4 or 6 with 5 minutes left. Smh.

I am sure he has a decent %.  We win a majority of our games and he isn't going to say it when we get blown out.  Just more memorable this year given our struggles in close games.