• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is there going to be a squawker's tourney Pool?

Diesel

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Wow, three guys are actually eliminated and the first round is not even over.

MSU gone in the first round ... SHOCKER!!  

Spud at least you got to be in first place after the first day

Everyone had them at least going to the final four.  

I was king for a day...:-| 

I'm kind of glad in some sense though that both Mich St. And Baylor got bounced early. Less exposure for Valentine and Prince, two guys we could look at once the draft rolls around. I mean sometimes players climb 10 spots or higher just due to tourney success. 

Basically what I'm saying is Hawks> my bracket success lol

I didn't enter this pool, but I did an ESPN bracket about 10 min before top off Thursday.

- 19 out of 32 in Round 1 ( easily my lowest total ever )

- Still have 14 of the Sweet 16 picks, 7 of the Elite 8 picks, and 3 of the Final Four still good.

- Problem is, I had Texas winning the whole thing .... ( half court buzzer beater later ) .... bracket is officially done ( unless someone like 10 seed Syracuse wins it )

Honestly, I think 5 of those 10 thru 15 seeds will make the Sweet 16, which will destroy most of the other brackets.

I think 2 of the #1 seeds will fall this weekend.

Craziest tournament ever so far.

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I didn't enter this pool, but I did an ESPN bracket about 10 min before top off Thursday.

- 19 out of 32 in Round 1 ( easily my lowest total ever )

- Still have 14 of the Sweet 16 picks, 7 of the Elite 8 picks, and 3 of the Final Four still good.

- Problem is, I had Texas winning the whole thing .... ( half court buzzer beater later ) .... bracket is officially done ( unless someone like 10 seed Syracuse wins it )

Honestly, I think 5 of those 10 thru 15 seeds will make the Sweet 16, which will destroy most of the other brackets.

I think 2 of the #1 seeds will fall this weekend.

Craziest tournament ever so far.

I had Texas too. Love Shaka.

• Moderators
On 3/19/2016 at 2:45 PM, cam1218 said:

Michigan State should have been a #1 seed instead of Oregon. Either way though, that is flat out embarrassing!

Big 10 was screwed in seeding.  Indiana at #5 was the worst.  (FWIW, I thought the UK game would be a tossup - two teams similarly in the 7-10 range.)

UNC didn't deserve getting IU and UK both in its half of the bracket (ensuring a tough matchup in the sweet sixteen for one of the top 2 seeds).  That region was set up explicitly with TV ratings in mind.

• Admin

After a bracket busting weekend of NCAA basketball ... JayBird maintains her lead ... a number of people selected Kentucky and Michigan State to win it all.... this weekend and especially the Texas A&M game shows there are no guarantees and you have to fight for 40+ minutes not 39 minutes to win it all.  

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just checked my bracket...I'm leading the pack...Girls Rock!!!

Anybody can win the lottery....

haters gon hate...lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Leading into the final week it is really down to two PaulM (whoever you are) and Macdaddy who both impressively got three of the final four teams correct.  Paul has OU in the finals while Macdaddy has Villinova.

Stay tuned Saturday to see who will be the winner!

• Like 1

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Leading into the final week it is really down to two PaulM (whoever you are) and Macdaddy who both impressively got three of the final four teams correct.  Paul has OU in the finals while Macdaddy has Villinova.

Stay tuned Saturday to see who will be the winner!

What was the pot again?   Entrance fee was $100 each on the honor system right?  That's what i remember.   I'll get Paypal warmed up. 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Paul M is me!  Longtimefan.  

Good luck to you macdaddy.  Should be fun next week.  

Ah!  I was wondering.   Good luck to you to.   I'm actually not that confident.   I think Villanova may have hit the end of the line.

50 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

i forgot i had NC in this bracket.   This is the epitome of the blind squirrel finding a nut.

So you picked a Villanova vs North Carolina final?  That's pretty damn good.

Had I'd entered the Hawksquawk pool, I would've had 3 of the Final Four ( Villanova, UNC, and Syracuse ), with UNC in the Final.

My dumb pick of Texas being a true cinderella, and winning it all in Houston, probably kept me from having one of my best brackets ever.  My logic was that if they could get to Houston, they wouldn't lose the tournament.  But they couldn't even get out of Round 1.