• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Timmy with the start

jrok23

43 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Tim was nothing short of spectacular in his first start. 21 points on 11 shots, 7 boards, 4 assists, and his now customary great defense.  I guess now we see what the front office saw in Timmy when they traded the pick for him. 

He just had to get acclimated to Bud's system and understanding TEAM DEFENSE. The NBA knew he had ability, he just never played in system basketball in New York. I hope he keeps the good play up and becomes a legit 2nd option off the bench along with Schröder. This is also an audition for next season...

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, romebee said:

He just had to get acclimated to Bud's system and understanding TEAM DEFENSE. The NBA knew he had ability, he just never played in system basketball in New York. I hope he keeps the good play up and becomes a legit 2nd option off the bench along with Schröder. This is also an audition for next season...

I say keep him as starter a few games, rest Baze, and see if he can keep it up. This team is starving for offense on the wings. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I say keep him as starter a few games, rest Baze, and see if he can keep it up. This team is starving for offense on the wings. 

If THJr keeps this up, needs to be the starter next year. Yeah, it's 1 game. But his only game as a starter, which speaks volumes about his hard work and talent. Then again it was against the Nuggz. We shall see. Don't make me dig up my comments predicting he'd be the biggest pleasant surprise addition of the off season. Then again, do :applause:

• Like 4

Hardaway starts, scores 21 points; Hawks beat Nuggets 116-98

By CHARLES ODUM
Posted Mar 17 2016 11:33PM

ATLANTA (AP) Patience paid off for Tim Hardaway Jr., who made good on his long-awaited first start of the season for Atlanta.

Hardaway scored a season-high 21 points, impressing teammates with his defense and all-around play, and the surging Hawks beat the Denver Nuggets 116-98 on Thursday night.

Paul Millsap and Jeff Teague each had 16 points for the Hawks, who have won four straight and seven of eight to move to third place in the Eastern Conference. The Hawks had eight scorers in double figures, including Thabo Sefolosha, who had 14 points.

Hardaway had seven rebounds, four assists, a steal and no turnovers in a season-high 29 minutes.

"It was just a complete game," Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said. "... He's competing on both ends of the court. He's making things happen."

Hardaway endured two assignments to the NBA's Development League this season before flourishing in the start.

"It's tough, but at the same time you've got to be ready for any situation," Hardaway said.

The Hawks traded the rights to Notre Dame guard Jerian Grant to the Knicks for Hardaway during last year's NBA draft. Early in the season it was difficult to determine the Hawks' plan for Hardaway, who did not play in the team's first 15 games.

His previous scoring high for the season was only 13 points at Philadelphia on Feb. 3.

Hardaway hit two 3-pointers and seven of eight free throws.

"I know he scored a lot of points, but defensively, that was the key," said Hawks center Al Horford.

• Like 1

Final line for THJr's first start:

29:34, 6-11/2-4/7-8, +25, 7reb, 4ast, 1stl, 21pts

ZERO fouls. ZERO turnovers. Highly tenacious D. Tim's a baller. Bud's a Wizard.....

• Like 2

Gradingthe offseason

THJr will be this year's pleasantsurprise performance.The system, coach, and atmosphere are completely different in ATL and this kid's a competitor. He'll thrive. How do you bookmark a post? I'd like to revisit this one for an "I told'ya so".
  • Like 1

In an old topic brought back here, we see that a lot of posters were totally against

our trade for THJR.  Knicks fans were celebrating because he was no longer on their

roster.  These same posters and Knick fans can  all look at the results of his first start

of the season for Atlanta. 

Guess what?  This just proves that some of us don't really know as much as we thought

that we did and maybe we found out that Bud is not as dumb as we thought he was either.

For one game, at least, he's been good.  Played some defense, didn't turn over the ball and

was the leading scorer.

Did you get fries to go along with your crow? 

:MooseGoggles:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Who knew one game defined a career let alone a season?

#Overreactmuch

Ah, soth.  You've become so jaded since you got your schmart phone.

I'm sure no one is going that far with it.  Just excited by a really nice performance by one of our guys who's struggled so far.  I can't believe I'm saying this to you but you leave me no choice ... lighten up, Francois.