• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Timmy with the start

jrok23

9 hours ago, hazer said:

If THJr keeps this up, needs to be the starter next year. Yeah, it's 1 game. But his only game as a starter, which speaks volumes about his hard work and talent. Then again it was against the Nuggz. We shall see. Don't make me dig up my comments predicting he'd be the biggest pleasant surprise addition of the off season. Then again, do :applause:

20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Who knew one game defined a career let alone a season?

#Overreactmuch

#Readingcomprehensionitswhatsfordinner

13 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

I say keep him as starter a few games, rest Baze, and see if he can keep it up. This team is starving for offense on the wings. 

I'd definitely like to see a larger sample size and against better opponents. I'm optimistic about THJ's progress. But for the remainder of the year keep Baze in the starting lineup and Timmy on the bench

36 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

@Gray Mule always painting us the complete picture - you're the Hawksquawk's Bob Ross.  Good perspective!

If Hardaway keeps this up, it will make me a lot less worried about Bazemore this offseason but I'd still like to keep him.  I hope THJ motivates Baze and vice versa, similar to Teague and Dennis.  Competition for minutes at certain positions is a good problem to have!

I think Baze's potential price tag (I've heard upwards of $10 mil/per) means he'll be gone. Plus, with the way we can acquire a guy(s) and develop them who are younger, with similar skillset, and overall better talent, I think losing Baze won't hurt as much as everybody thinks it will.

8 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

In an old topic brought back here, we see that a lot of posters were totally against

our trade for THJR.  Knicks fans were celebrating because he was no longer on their

roster.  These same posters and Knick fans can  all look at the results of his first start

of the season for Atlanta. 

Guess what?  This just proves that some of us don't really know as much as we thought

that we did and maybe we found out that Bud is not as dumb as we thought he was either.

For one game, at least, he's been good.  Played some defense, didn't turn over the ball and

was the leading scorer.

Did you get fries to go along with your crow? 

:MooseGoggles:

@Gray Mule   bringing the pain.  Love it.

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Who knew one game defined a career let alone a season?

#Overreactmuch

@Sothron  I think most are just happy and appreciates that he played well in his first start as a Hawk after riding the bench to start the season.  That should be a good thing - we should want all Hawks players to do well.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Sothron  I think most are just happy and appreciates that he played well in his first start as a Hawk after riding the bench to start the season.  That should be a good thing - we should want all Hawks players to do well.

You know I want all Hawks players to be great, HoF guys that win us a title every year. I just saw this kinda SEE SEE EAT CROW DOUBTERS posts after DNP-CD had ONE good game last night and it floored me. I mean really? Really? Really?? One game makes up for the entire season? His entire let down of a career to date? C'mon man. The people telling others to eat crow are overreacting. Simply said.

I hope DNP-CD has a nice career here but I need a lot more than one game to even call him by anything other than DNP-CD.

• Premium Member

He has no other way but up,cause he's been down for a minute. Just imagine if the Hawks get the Nuggets game THJ 8/10 times a game. It also seemed like the pace quickened even more on the fast breaks.

20 hours ago, Sothron said:

You know I want all Hawks players to be great, HoF guys that win us a title every year. I just saw this kinda SEE SEE EAT CROW DOUBTERS posts after DNP-CD had ONE good game last night and it floored me. I mean really? Really? Really?? One game makes up for the entire season? His entire let down of a career to date? C'mon man. The people telling others to eat crow are overreacting. Simply said.

I hope DNP-CD has a nice career here but I need a lot more than one game to even call him by anything other than DNP-CD.

The DNP-CD name is funny, well it was funny when that was the case.  But now we know why he was DNP-CD per the article I posted on the new trainers.

But really, what'd you expect? It was the expected reaction. Just like if he stinks up the joint next game the reverse will happen.

It was less about one game since has been been a part of the regular rotation it was more about that he started AND played well considering how some were saying he wasn't even an NBA player particularly when he got assigned to the DL.

Southron is correct.

We've all got excited for nothing.  Going from DNP-CD to being the star in his one start is nothing.

Expect him to go back to his original DNP-CD or perhaps even back to the D league.  How can any

of us possibly believe that he is any better?  This must have been because the Hawks were playing

a team with very little talent and no hopes of making the playoffs.  Apparently they had no idea

who DNP-CD was or what he might do or they would have surely stopped him.

Now, for the rest of the season and the playoffs, when we see DNP-CD, we can thank Southron for

giving all of us the heads up that he can't possibly be as good as he appeared in his one start.

Ah, well.  The excitement was great while it lasted, wasn't it!!

• Like 3

On 3/18/2016 at 6:02 PM, Sothron said:

Mmmmmm hmmmmm :dance4:

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, hazer said:

Mmmmmm hmmmmm :dance4:

The more they talk the more foolish they look bro.

Never questioned Bud decision to bring in Hardaway and to ease him in the way he did. Now that the playoffs are right around the corner we are unleashing everyone and we are looking more and more like a better defensive version of last years team by the game.

• Like 1

Dang it all !  Someone forgot to tell Tim Hardaway Jr. to read the script.  After his last game, he did not

get DNP.CD.  He played 20 minutes and scored 20 points, some from the 3 point area.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Never questioned Bud decision to bring in Hardaway and to ease him in the way he did. Now that the playoffs are right around the corner we are unleashing everyone and we are looking more and more like a better defensive version of last years team by the game.

I liked the "trade" and never lost faith it would pan out...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

You know what's the easiest/laziest thing in the world to be? A doubter, naysayer, critic. It takes very little thought, effort, faith. @Sothron and @AHF are determined to make being doubters as difficult as believers...

THJr's line:

20:04 mins, 7-11/5-7/1-1, +11, 3 reb, 2 stl, 20 pts, ZERO turnovers, and more of that tenacious D. Tim, baller. Bud, wizard.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hazer said:

THJr's line:

20:04 mins, 7-11/5-7/1-1, +11, 3 reb, 2 stl, 20 pts, ZERO turnovers, and more of that tenacious D. Tim, baller. Bud, wizard.

yea dude, I hear you. Bud turned Demarre into a 16 million dollar a year player, and people questioned his ability to groom Tim. An infinitely more skilled player. Boggled my mind why no one wanted to stay patient and put faith in the coach who has given the best basketball this city has seen in decades... but that's just me. Happy Bud is proving us believers right. 

• Like 3