• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Realistic offseason projections?

bumpyphish1

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The issue with Teague and Dennis, is that they have to be able to play with each other, especially on the defensive end.

As I said on a past thread, one of them would have to become the defensive equivalent of Joe Dumars, or at least Avery Bradley and Rajon Rondo, in order for them to be successful on the floor together.

They'd have to be able to at least slow down guys like Bradley Beal, Klay Thompson, and Demarr Derozan.  We can't do like Golden State tried to do with Curry and Monta Ellis.

True.  But we know that one of them becoming a defensive stopper of 2 guards is not going to happen at this point.  

• Like 1

Resign everybody.  Finish the Phillips Arena remodeling plans. Figure out a way of getting more country music in the rotation,  ban opposing team fans from standing behind the Hawks announcers when they win during the after game show at Phillips, and get Dominique to analyze just ONE play a game..........

o.jpg

Edited by Hawkmoor

Personally I feel as if the Hawks should try and hold onto everyone except Muscala,Splitter,and Bazemore. Then with the money left over you get the cut bait GSW dumps in their pursuit for Durant and who knows maybe talk SAS into a deal for cheats for Danny Green? Then have this lineup....

PG-Teague,Schröder

SG-Hardaway,Green,Korver

SF-Barnes/Iggy,Sefolosha

PF-Milsap,Scott

C-Horford,Humphries,Tavares

Actually we have to see how we finish the season before pedicting something. A 2nd ECF (or more) could help a lot in FAncy. It would prove last year wasn't a fluke. It could help to sign players for less and could give us a shot at signing ring hunters who doesn't care about the money any more.

Just get an actual starting sf in here...I don't care how just get it done. Resign everybody except Baze. Good player but not worth the money he's going to demand. 

Hope Minny cracks the playoffs next year and really have some things cooking with 2 first round picks next year. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jy23 said:

Just get an actual starting sf in here...I don't care how just get it done. Resign everybody except Baze. Good player but not worth the money he's going to demand. 

Hope Minny cracks the playoffs next year and really have some things cooking with 2 first round picks next year. 

:applause:

What does everyone think Joakim Noah will get this offseason?  His offense is so weak and he's become a shell of his former self, but I wonder if he'd take a low-ball deal to play with Al again and rebuild his value.  Seems like his skilset would greatly benefit this team on the glass and defensively.  That's assuming we move Splitter.

6 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

What does everyone think Joakim Noah will get this offseason?  His offense is so weak and he's become a shell of his former self, but I wonder if he'd take a low-ball deal to play with Al again and rebuild his value.  Seems like his skilset would greatly benefit this team on the glass and defensively.  That's assuming we move Splitter.

6gh

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/413769-so-joakim-noah/

Seriously though, I think he can be had for cheap.  Wouldn't mind us adding him once the real bidness (re-signing Al, getting a real 3) is done.

7 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

A 29 year old (soon to be 30 yrs in Oct) Wesley Matthews coming off an achillies injury got a 4yr/$70 mil deal. 

Who the hell knows. Salaries are so out of wack it's hard to say what's a good deal anymore.

Would love to have him at the right price.

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A 29 year old (soon to be 30 yrs in Oct) Wesley Matthews coming off an achillies injury got a 4yr/$70 mil deal. 

Who the hell knows. Salaries are so out of wack it's hard to say what's a good deal anymore.

Would love to have him at the right price.

I'm guessing he gets right around the same deal as Wes...4/70mill...unless there's some uncertainty down the road. Big men seem to be much more vulnerable after injuries than guards. 

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm guessing he gets right around the same deal as Wes...4/70mill...unless there's some uncertainty down the road. Big men seem to be much more vulnerable after injuries than guards. 

Any GM that gave him that deal should be fired on the spot.  Wes has been worth his deal the last couple years (in the context of deals for other wings) but bear in mind that Dallas also agreed to a lower deal with Wes and then upped his pay voluntarily after the debacle with Jordan.  

Noah is a hard one to peg with his reduced production, age and injury history but 4/70 is definitely not good value.

Given Noah's offensive limitations and Bud's use of big men, I wonder if he wouldn't rather have Humphries than Noah for the same price.

47 minutes ago, AHF said:

Any GM that gave him that deal should be fired on the spot.  Wes has been worth his deal the last couple years (in the context of deals for other wings) but bear in mind that Dallas also agreed to a lower deal with Wes and then upped his pay voluntarily after the debacle with Jordan.  

Noah is a hard one to peg with his reduced production, age and injury history but 4/70 is definitely not good value.

Given Noah's offensive limitations and Bud's use of big men, I wonder if he wouldn't rather have Humphries than Noah for the same price.

I'd agree a few years ago 4/70 mill for an injury prone center is too much, but not when teams are throwing around Monopoly money at some serious scrubs Also, Wes came off a major injury himself and still got the loot. Given the advanced sports medicine we have available these days, I'm not writing off Noah whatsoever, also today's 30 years of age is about 26 or 27 about 15 years ago. One last thing, Noah seems to have the heart of a champ, if anyone is going to work to get back, I'd put my money on him anytime.

15 hours ago, kg01 said:

6gh

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/413769-so-joakim-noah/

Seriously though, I think he can be had for cheap.  Wouldn't mind us adding him once the real bidness (re-signing Al, getting a real 3) is done.

I'm not saying he should be the focus of our offseason.  lol.  I just think he's a good big that could be a steal for us as a backup and help fill a gap for us.  Honestly, I'd love to see Humphries re-signed.  He's done well for us.  Our improved play really started once he was signed.  

33 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I'm not saying he should be the focus of our offseason.  lol.  I just think he's a good big that could be a steal for us as a backup and help fill a gap for us.  Honestly, I'd love to see Humphries re-signed.  He's done well for us.  Our improved play really started once he was signed.  

We agree.  I was just like, dang man I made a thread asking for opinions on this very subject. :happy:

Just now, kg01 said:

We agree.  I was just like, dang man I made a thread asking for opinions on this very subject. :happy:

Sorry!  I honestly didn't see it.  I've been out of town for a few days and haven't visited the site for about a week.  

6 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

Sorry!  I honestly didn't see it.  I've been out of town for a few days and haven't visited the site for about a week.  

Eggscuses, eggscuses ....  Nah, I'm kidding.  That's the only sticking point on the site layout.  Topics like these being in the subforums causes them to be kinda hidden since most of us stay on the Homecourt forum.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Eggscuses, eggscuses ....  Nah, I'm kidding.  That's the only sticking point on the site layout.  Topics like these being in the subforums causes them to be kinda hidden since most of us stay on the Homecourt forum.

@kg01 Just post in Homecourt with an "ooops" wrong forum.  Mods are asleep so it'll take awhile to move., by then it'll have many views. :angel:

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01 Just post in Homecourt with an "ooops" wrong forum.  Mods are asleep so it'll take awhile to move., by then it'll have many views. :angel:

:laugh: I used to do that all the time while we had modz.  "Oops..."  I got burned by their incessant scolding so I decided to follow the rules, to my detriment.

Never follow the rules, kids.