• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards: The Big Payback!

lethalweapon3

34 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Like a Philly cheesesteak, the Wiz is on a roll!

I can't lie, as much as I want to dislike Philly (and I do), this pun was so bad that it was awesome.

I once tried to order a cheesesteak at Geno's, or the other famous one. My buddy told me that you're supposed to go up there and tell them two things: "Whiz wid" or "Whiz widout" (I think it's the kind of cheese you want, then if you want onions or not?). He kept telling me that it's like Seinfeld and the Soup Nazi, clearly say the things then GTFO of the way. Well, I forgot that when I went up there. "Hey, how are y'all today?" I said .... smdh I looked like a total buffoon and they didn't let me order without having them make fun of me for a bit. I think I eventually got Whiz wid-a-loogie.

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, rd79 said:

I caught a follow-up (from C-Viv) saying he thinks he's good. On the other hand, that might've been before this DFS update here. (just checked, it was postgame on Monday). We'll wait and see if there's any update coming.

EDIT: Just checked the GameNotes and he's not even listed as Questionable, so I'm assuming he'll be a go for tonight.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

I can't lie, as much as I want to dislike Philly (and I do), this pun was so bad that it was awesome.

I once tried to order a cheesesteak at Geno's, or the other famous one. My buddy told me that you're supposed to go up there and tell them two things: "Whiz wid" or "Whiz widout" (I think it's the kind of cheese you want, then if you want onions or not?). He kept telling me that it's like Seinfeld and the Soup Nazi, clearly say the things then GTFO of the way. Well, I forgot that when I went up there. "Hey, how are y'all today?" I said .... smdh I looked like a total buffoon and they didn't let me order without having them make fun of me for a bit. I think I eventually got Whiz wid-a-loogie.

Love Geno's, as it's in my Illadelphian DNA, but I'm pure provolone with those steaks. I could never get with the Wiz on the steak! (on the fries, though, different story) And yes, the wid/widout choice regards the fried onions.

~lw3

Ok @lethalweapon3 no need to show off - how is this not a"a fulll Game Thread ahead of the Atlanta Hawks’ payback game" , lol.

Even at a quarter, still better that a lot of other drivel.

If Atlanta gets swept on a third straight home and home vs a non playoff team (although one that is playing well and could sneak in), I can't...

Only other thing I have to offer is we now know that Jeff Teague is going to have to prove it in the playoffs with his three pointer. The scouting report is still "Go under on the Hawks' PGs and make them PROVE IT on jumpers before going over" and this we know because of what Washington said in their post game.

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

Every Hawks Wizards game I've been to, we won. Go Hawks!

Sorry, Supes.  Nique already called the game while eating fruit loops this morning.  You finish second.

• Like 3