• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What are we going to do about Kent Bazemore?

NBASupes

There is a great chance he will get 15 to 20 million per year. So many teams needs a all around SG who can shoot and defend at a reasonable level and he's the best UFA on the market at SG.  

Just by the fact that we have to resign Kris. We are working with limited funds. Horford is likely to sign but we will hold his signing like we did Millsap last year. We would still have 15 million to spend but the cost of SF is starting at 12 million and many of those teams want to retain their player. We could always trade our 1st for P.J. Tucker or Rudy Gay which is an option as well. So what do you think? 

• Premium Member

I thought that you were asking what to do with him for the rest of this season and my answer to that was to sit his azz down in favor THjr & Thabo but if the the question  is what to do with him in the future?  There is no question here...Bazemore is not worth our time on this roster anymore.  Lastly I'm just going to be blatantly honest with you....You have to be seriously drunk if you think that Bazemore is worth 15-20 million per season!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I thought that you we asking what to do with him for the rest of this season and my answer to that was to sit his azz down in favor THjr & Thabo but if the the question  is what to do with him in the future?  There is no question here...Bazemore is not worth our time on this roster anymore.  Lastly I'm just going to be blatantly honest with you....You have to be seriously drunk if you think that Bazemore is worth 15-20 million per season!

Nowhere in his post did @NBASupes say HE thought Bazemore is worth $15mil per.....

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:
3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Nowhere in his post did @NBASupes say HE thought Bazemore is worth $15mil per.....

There is a great chance he will get 15 to 20 million per year. So many teams needs a all around SG who can shoot and defend at a reasonable level and he's the best UFA on the market at SG.  

This was the 1st line in the post!!:blink:

Hawks have to let Blaze walk and replace him in-house with THJr, much more affordably than the $12-$15mil/yr the former will probably fetch. Pursue that starting 3 instead...

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This was the 1st line in the post!!:blink:

He implies there is a great CHANCE he will get $15mil/per, from ANOTHER TEAM, who thinks he's worth that. And goes on to explain why the Hawks should pass, because that's too much money for Blaze and the Hawks should spend elsewhere. But that's just me, and reading comprehension :blink:

• Like 3

• Moderators

I don't think Baze is going to get a contract worth near $15M but he will get overpaid.  We should put our money into a SF and let THJr, and Korver cover us at SG.  Thabo and our FA can cover us at SF.  All those guys would be big enough to mix and match as well.  (This assumes no significant trades).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

There is a great chance he will get 15 to 20 million per year.

"There is a great chance he will get 15 to 20 million per year" does not = "I'm drunk and think he's worth 15 to 20 million per year". What you think someone is worth, vs what you think other teams will overpay for them, are apples and oranges...

• Moderators

Summary of This Thread:

Two definitions of "worth" going on here.

(1) Market Price and (2) Value to the Team.  Under the first definition, someone is worth whatever the market supports and that is an absolute figure independent of how much difference that player would mean for any given team.  Under the second, a player's worth varies from team to team based on how much they would increase that team's chance of winning.

Supes is saying Baze's market price is $15-20M but that his value to the team is not that high.

We all agree on the latter point.  There is disagreement whether Baze's market rate is really that high.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I don't think Baze is going to get a contract worth near $15M but he will get overpaid.  We should put our money into a SF and let THJr, and Korver cover us at SG.  Thabo and our FA can cover us at SF.  All those guys would be big enough to mix and match as well.  (This assumes no significant trades).

Bingo, gotta let him walk and focus on starting SF. And I'm not so sure: in this crazy new world of ridiculous contracts and escalating cap, I can see a desperate team coughing up $15mil/yr. More realistically $12mil/yr, but some stupid team is bound to surprise us.

Hawks should pursue the pipe dream of KD just because. 2 straight trips to the ECFs, being the Alpha Dawg, and playing only a  90-min flight from his hometown DC should help. But when reality hits and he goes to the Warriors (or wherever) Budcox should pull out all the stops for Barnes and/or Batum...

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Summary of This Thread:

Two definitions of "worth" going on here.

(1) Market Price and (2) Value to the Team.  Under the first definition, someone is worth whatever the market supports and that is an absolute figure independent of how much difference that player would mean for any given team.  Under the second, a player's worth varies from team to team based on how much they would increase that team's chance of winning.

Supes is saying Baze's market price is $15-20M but that his value to the team is not that high.

We all agree on the latter point.  There is disagreement whether Baze's market rate is really that high.

I guess I should assume what @Peoriabird REALLY meant to say was that @NBASupes was drunk if he thought other teams would pay $15mil/yr for Baze...

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, hazer said:

I guess I should assume what @Peoriabird REALLY meant to say was that @NBASupes was drunk if he thought other teams would pay $15mil/yr for Baze...

Millsap only got 19 million per year and he is an all star..Why on earth would Bazemore get $20 per year???

Bye Baze...I wouldn't even consider signing him with those type of numbers being thrown around. THJr is just fine as our starting 2 next year. Spend that money on a starting 3 like everybody said 

• Like 1

:Baze: "Pay 'im tha max!  Oh, I mean ... {puts on mask} ... :Mack: Pay him the max."

43 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Millsap only got 19 million per year and he is an all star..Why on earth would Bazemore get $20 per year???

That's life in the big city circa 2016 NBA, bro.

And if you don't like it, I'll direct you to my favorite quote from Snoop (from the Wire): "Deserves got nuthin' ta do wiff it."  {Blam!}

• Premium Member

Baze is definitely going to get a nice offer.  I'm guessing someone will offer in between 10 to 15 million per.  If so, he should take it just like DMC did.  From the Hawks standpoint, no way do you pay that nor should they.  Especially if Hardaway continues to improve.

• Like 1