• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What are we going to do about Kent Bazemore?

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Baze is definitely going to get a nice offer.  I'm guessing someone will offer in between 10 to 15 million per.  If so, he should take it just like DMC did.  From the Hawks standpoint, no way do you pay that nor should they.  Especially if Hardaway continues to improve.

Agreed.  I give Baze all the credit in the world for being a hard working guy who's worked to improve himself.  However, THJr is already better than him and he's on a rookie deal.  I don't even think they'll hesitate to let Baze walk.  We can let THJr/KK man the 2 and do something like re-sign Cunningham for cheap and start the development process over with him.

Re-signing Alison and getting a 3 are the moovs this offseason.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Millsap only got 19 million per year and he is an all star..Why on earth would Bazemore get $20 per year???

Don't know why a team would do something that crazy, that would be nuts, which is why I never said it. But someone will be desperate enough to give him $15mil, like I did actually say. You seem to be stuck on Supes' high number (20), completely ignoring his low number (15). Sap got $19mil LAST year, same year DMC got $15mil. This will be a season later and salaries and cap are escalating ridiculously for even average players. Don't be too surprised when Baze signs somewhere for $15mil/yr. I'll just be glad it isn't in Atlanta...

4 minutes ago, rd79 said:

If he'd be a 3 one could think about paying him. But he is a 2 and the only starter we NEED to replace. Is SnT + pack him with somebody else to get a very good return possible?

I believe you can't package guys in a SnT scenario?  The cap nerds will jump all over that I'm sure if they ever look up from their abacuses (spelled that right w/o googlization).

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I know i'm too lazy to research the financials but how on earth can the Warriors sign KD to an already loaded roster and we can't afford to keep Baze?

On another note, we need to keep Baze to recruit Steph to Atlanta.

I haven't looked at the KD to GS nimbers either, just saying he most likely ain't coming here. And Hawks can afford to keep Baze. Just a question of should they @ $10/$15mil a year when THJr is still on his rookie deal and they can spend the money on a better SF instead.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Baze will get about 11 million per. No way he gets 15-20 mill. Book it. Even at 11 mill, I'd easily let him walk. 

I'm sticking with $15mil/yr. It's getting silly out there.....

• Like 1

I like Baze actually. But at $10/$15mil a year, I like a rookie contracted THJr a LOT more. Haven't gotten anybody to bite yet on my earlier suggestion of spending that money instead on pursuing Barnes or Batum for SF. Any thoughts on that, or better suggestions? Assuming KD ain't coming here, that is...

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, rd79 said:

If he'd be a 3 one could think about paying him. But he is a 2 and the only starter we NEED to replace. Is SnT + pack him with somebody else to get a very good return possible?

Seems like Bud thinks he's a 3

9 minutes ago, hazer said:

I like Baze actually. But at $10/$15mil a year, I like a rookie contracted THJr a LOT more. Haven't gotten anybody to bite yet on my earlier suggestion of spending that money instead on pursuing Barnes or Batum for SF. Any thoughts on that, or better suggestions? Assuming KD ain't coming here, that is...

I think that's everyone's preference.  Gotta give Durant's reps a call.  You never know.  But the realistic moov is to try to pry either of Barnes or Batum away (in that order).  GState won't let Barnes go easy but a big deal offered to Batum could be too rich for CHA's blood considering they have MKG getting paid and super-scrub Lamb waiting in the wings.

I think Gay could be had for cheap (stop laughing @Spud2Nique).

Baze has worked hard to improve.  A lot of this depends on the market.  If he gets a high offer a la DMC, of course we let him walk.

If he is ok taking a major pay cut to stay near family and a Hawks team he has gelled with then let's keep him.  I'd prefer THJr start, but Baze could still get heavy minutes coming off the bench.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think that's everyone's preference.  Gotta give Durant's reps a call.  You never know.  But the realistic moov is to try to pry either of Barnes or Batum away (in that order).  GState won't let Barnes go easy but a big deal offered to Batum could be too rich for CHA's blood considering they have MKG getting paid and super-scrub Lamb waiting in the wings.

In that order? Hell no...

Batum>Barnes

ps Stop calling Lamb a scrub you hater

pps Still laughing 

• Premium Member

I'm good with letting Baze walk, we will be fine without him. Hopefully he has a postseason similar to DMC's showing last year and adds a couple million to his pay raise.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Shredder at 22yo, THJr at 24yo, and Barnes at 23yo would be a bright young future...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jody23 said:

I'm not that all impressed by Harrison Barnes.  I could see a team regreting giving him a large contract.

Harrison Barnes has Marvin Williams written all over him to me.   Forward picked high in the draft from UNC because of potential.  People keep waiting for them to break out early in their career but it never happens.

I think someone will overpay for him because they will think he was overshadowed in GS by the Splash Bros but I think he is what he is.  Him and Marvin's career #'s are eerily similar too.  I think Barnes will be a good role player but doesn't deserve a fat contract and shouldn't be expected to be a first or second scoring option.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I know i'm too lazy to research the financials but how on earth can the Warriors sign KD to an already loaded roster and we can't afford to keep Baze?

On another note, we need to keep Baze to recruit Steph to Atlanta.

Assuming an $89 mil cap - KD's max is approx $26 mil. GS has $74 mil in committed salary, leaving them with $15 mil in capspace.  This doesn't include Livingston's Team Option or Barnes and Ezeli's QO. GS will have to renounce those players PLUS move either Iggy or Bogut to sign KD.  I think.