• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What are we going to do about Kent Bazemore?

NBASupes

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Assuming an $89 mil cap - KD's max is approx $26 mil. GS has $74 mil in committed salary, leaving them with $15 mil in capspace.  This doesn't include Livingston's Team Option or Barnes and Ezeli's QO. GS will have to renounce those players PLUS move either Iggy or Bogut to sign KD.  I think.

Some mighty interesting names in there for the Hawks pickin'...

If Bud was willing to let go of Korver Id be in favor of keeping Baze because he really is a SG , still young and has a lot of potential. Kyle is showing us that due to injury and age when he isn't shooting lights out for us, he really doesn't bring much else to the table. At least Baze is active on defense and can drive the lane once and a while when his jumper isn't falling. THJ is the future for us on the wing anyways. I ve seen enough to know this kid just has an it-factor about himself just waiting to shine. Yal can crunch his numbers all you want but the kids is a natural or at least more natural than anyone else on our squad.

Also, I doubt we land KD but we should be actively seeking a vet/prime to late-prime player at the SF position to be a reliable steady force for us late in games where we still struggle to close teams out. Batum, Gay, Johnson, Deng, Crowder, Tucker, Ariza, Anderson, etc...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If Bud was willing to let go of Korver Id be in favor of keeping Baze because he really is a SG , still young and has a lot of potential. Kyle is showing us that due to injury and age when he isn't shooting lights out for us, he really doesn't bring much else to the table. At least Baze is active on defense and can drive the lane once and a while when his jumper isn't falling. THJ is the future for us on the wing anyways. I ve seen enough to know this kid just has an it-factor about himself just waiting to shine. Yal can crunch his numbers all you want but the kids is a natural or at least more natural than anyone else on our squad.

Also, I doubt we land KD but we should be actively seeking a vet/prime to late-prime player at the SF position to be a reliable steady force for us late in games where we still struggle to close teams out. Batum, Gay, Johnson, Deng, Crowder, Tucker, Ariza, Anderson, etc...

Batum prolly will be Budcox's target over Barnes, just due to his experience and the fact that he's a Euro. And Bud's penchant for experience over youth...

10 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

In that order? Hell no...

Batum>Barnes

ps Stop calling Lamb a scrub you hater

pps Still laughing 

Only reason I'd put Barnes ahead of Batum is upside.  He has it.

I'll stop calling Lamb a scrub when he stops being a scrub.

One of the things all of you must keep in mind, is that players with expiring contracts normally get the big deal based off of how they perform during the playoffs.    Being good in the regular season is good, but if you want to get paid, you better ball out during the playoffs.

Demarre was arguably our best player in last year's playoffs, before he got hurt.  As decent as he was during the season, he absolutely killed it in that Brooklyn and Washington series.

Right now, Baze is about a 10 mill/yr player IF a team is desperate for a wing.  Otherwise, he'll get 8+ million for about 3 seasons.

But if he can shoot 50% FG - 40% 3FG while averaging close to 15 ppg, like Demarre did, he'll get that 15 mill.  But honestly, unless a team expects Baze to be the #2 or #3 scoring option + defensive stopper on the team, he's not getting 15 mill.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, hazer said:

Hawks have to let Blaze walk and replace him in-house with THJr, much more affordably than the $12-$15mil/yr the former will probably fetch. Pursue that starting 3 instead...

Yeah I could see THJR starting at SG and Korver starting at SF if that happens.  I wonder would MINN be willing to give up Muhammed for the Hawks' 2016 1st.

On 3/26/2016 at 3:09 AM, BigDog90 said:

Yeah I could see THJR starting at SG and Korver starting at SF if that happens.  I wonder would MINN be willing to give up Muhammed for the Hawks' 2016 1st.

I have no issue letting Baze walk if it's too much money, but if we are starting Korver at SF next season, that is an offseason fail.  

No way would I want a 36 year old Korver starting at SF.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have no issue letting Baze walk if it's too much money, but if we are starting Korver at SF next season, that is an offseason fail.  

I don't think Korver will allow Korver to start next year. Lol. He just strikes me as a guy who know his limitations and would tell Bud..."listen, no way my body can take minutes as a starter." If it even came to that.

• Premium Member
On 3/25/2016 at 0:03 PM, kg01 said:

Agreed.  I give Baze all the credit in the world for being a hard working guy who's worked to improve himself.  However, THJr is already better than him and he's on a rookie deal.  I don't even think they'll hesitate to let Baze walk.  We can let THJr/KK man the 2 and do something like re-sign Cunningham for cheap and start the development process over with him.

Re-signing Alison and getting a 3 are the moovs this offseason.

I think it's wrongheaded to think that we have a process that converts the next guy up into DMC.  I think more particular than that is that we choose guys with a certain skillset.  We use that help certain guys who are hungry improve their skillset and how they work in our offense.  I don't think Cunningham is the type of guy who #1 has the whole skillset #2 is hungry.  I say we honor Baze's commitment by offering between 6-8 Mill per.  He may get a better deal elsewhere, but I don't know if he would fit as well.   I think it's something that Paul learned.  He learned that he fits well with us.   Horf better learn this too.   So quick money won't help you with your next contract.   As far as THJr goes, I think he also fits well.   He was picked because of that... and he has been hungry.   I feel that he is the replacement for Korver.   Unless Batum comes knocking on our door, I think we are good with Baze. 

22 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think it's wrongheaded to think that we have a process that converts the next guy up into DMC.  I think more particular than that is that we choose guys with a certain skillset.  We use that help certain guys who are hungry improve their skillset and how they work in our offense.  I don't think Cunningham is the type of guy who #1 has the whole skillset #2 is hungry.  I say we honor Baze's commitment by offering between 6-8 Mill per.  He may get a better deal elsewhere, but I don't know if he would fit as well.   I think it's something that Paul learned.  He learned that he fits well with us.   Horf better learn this too.   So quick money won't help you with your next contract.   As far as THJr goes, I think he also fits well.   He was picked because of that... and he has been hungry.   I feel that he is the replacement for Korver.   Unless Batum comes knocking on our door, I think we are good with Baze. 

I think the bolded portion is 'wrong-headed' (is that a word?  somehow, i know exactly what you mean.  Shld I be scared?).  I should expand on what i said though.  I don't consider Cunningham an adequate replacement or a potential DMC-clone.  Just mentioned his name as a developmental guy I'd rather us invest in as opposed to over-paying to keep Bazemore.

I think offering Bazemore the $6-8MM he probably deserves would be tantamount to an insult considering the market will probably bare (bear?) much more.  The question isn't (a) offer Baze 6-8 or (b) move on.  The question is (a) offer Baze a near-max deal or (b) move on which is clearly a much tougher decision.

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think the bolded portion is 'wrong-headed' (is that a word?  somehow, i know exactly what you mean.  Shld I be scared?).  I should expand on what i said though.  I don't consider Cunningham an adequate replacement or a potential DMC-clone.  Just mentioned his name as a developmental guy I'd rather us invest in as opposed to over-paying to keep Bazemore.

I think offering Bazemore the $6-8MM he probably deserves would be tantamount to an insult considering the market will probably bare (bear?) much more.  The question isn't (a) offer Baze 6-8 or (b) move on.  The question is (a) offer Baze a near-max deal or (b) move on which is clearly a much tougher decision.

NY Fan on RealGM.....

2. Sign Kent Bazmore to a four year deal starting at $23 Million.
-The Knicks could use some back-court upgrades especially a true 3-and-D shooting guard that can spread the floor on offense. Bazemore is a solid fit and should come at a big premium since players that fill these roles are in need across the entire league.

laughter.gif

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Even if Hardaway and Korver switches defensive assignments?

16 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Even if Hardaway and Korver switches defensive assignments?

Nope. Kyle's time as a starter should be ending or even if he's starting he should be playing a lot less minutes.  Which means we still need another body.

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all are desperately trying to hang on to Bazemore like he is Kwuhi Leonard!  Time to move on and get a real small forward!

I prefer not to be shuffling yet again at the SF position but I would also prefer an upgrade. Bazemore at the RIGHT price to play SG and backup SF - I'm in.

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I prefer not to be shuffling yet again at the SF position but I would also prefer an upgrade. Bazemore at the RIGHT price to play SG and backup SF - I'm in.

Agree but I'd prefer shuffling over the panic over-pay.

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Tobias Harris showed us what a real Small forward looks like!