• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Seven games left...tied with Miami in loss column...two up up in win column

bumpyphish1

Brutal, BRUTAL schedule though.

2x Toronto.  2x Cleveland.  Phoenix at home (yay!), Boston at home (should win it if we need it), and at Washington (trouble...last game of season though, we needeth and we shall taketh).

Still, any possible way we finish a game ahead of Miami (b/c they own the tie break)?  Their toughest remaining games are @ Portland, v. Bulls, @ Orlando, @ Detroit, @ Boston.  

Gonna be really tough to hold onto this three seed.  Really REALLY would like to avoid Clev til the ECF.  Hard to see Miami losing more than 2 and us losing 1 or less.  Maybe we could get away with 2 more losses.  I see Miami losing @ Boston.  @ Portland and @ Detroit could be dogfights.

The moment Atlanta loses in one of the non Toronto/Cleveland games, it's over. It's still over right now unless Atlanta wins at least one game from them and they may as Cleveland may be resting in the April 11th game.

Miami has four 50/50 games as far as I'm concerned. If Atlanta can win at least one of the two games left this week, it's going to force this thing to go down to the wire.

And if they don't get it they have nothing to blame but themselves because they had four absolutely TERRIBLE losses.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

seems like a bogus schedule to play 2 teams 4 of the last seven games.  

Our schedule has been eyebrow raising all season.

Just checked.  Hawks are in.  They clenched a playoff spot as of last night's games.

Do we expect to drop all the remainder of our games and meet the Cavs in round #1?

Good!  That way the Atlanta team can eliminate Cleveland in the first round and be done

with it and quit worrying about The King and his court.

Worry and fret.  Fret and worry.  Yep.  That's us, the Atlanta Hawks fans.  We all know, deep down

that something terrible is bound to happen to our beloved team.  Things are going too  good to last.

This can't possibly continue, can it?  Surely, no one believes that we are THIS good.

:approved::air_kiss:

• Like 1

And I don't get the idea of wanting to avoid Cleveland until the ECF.  Eventually someone is going to have to beat them.  So why does it matter what round you play them in?

• Like 2

Not to mention bad losses to the Nets, Suns, and Kings.  And do we really need to go there with back-to-back losses to the Tragic and Knicks and close losses to the Bucks and Jazz?

Had they taken care of business regarding those games, this thread wouldn't be necessary because they would've clinched a week or so ago.  Oh well, we'll see how things fall in place shortly...

3 hours ago, Alex said:

And I don't get the idea of wanting to avoid Cleveland until the ECF.  Eventually someone is going to have to beat them.  So why does it matter what round you play them in?

I can buy that.  But at the same time not winning the finals is a failure.  So in the end does it matter if you lose in round 1 versus the conference finals.  

34 minutes ago, Alex said:

I can buy that.  But at the same time not winning the finals is a failure.  So in the end does it matter if you lose in round 1 versus the conference finals.  

I refuse to believe that you don't already know the answer to that question...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alex said:

I guess it's the idea of saying that you made it to the 3rd round again.

To me, it doesn't matter if they make the 3rd round again if Cleveland easily disposes of them again.

Damn... I didn't realize that the Hawks had 2 more games with the Raptors and with the Cavs. Hopefully they can at least get a split.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

To be honest. I'd rather have the Hawks paired to the Cavs instead of the Craptors. I don't know why the Hawks always seem to play awful against them. and deRozan hitting shots he almost never makes doesn't help eityher. Not to mention VERY biased referreing like last night's. I'm quiclky becoming a Toronto hater. Everything seems to go their way when we play them, it's almost depressing.

BUT we should think about taking care of Round 1 before worrying about it. Who knows, anything can happen.