• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Seven games left...tied with Miami in loss column...two up up in win column

bumpyphish1

3 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I don't agree. The lack of movement in the offseason will be as frustrating as it always is.

If we miraculously pick up Durant or Batum, will you rename yourself HotDurantula and/or HotFrenchieBatum?

Toronto 

Boston

Cleveland

Washington 

Boston and Washington falling apart.

Cleveland seems to be resting James v. Meh teams and playing him v. Us.

Toronto is a tough one for us as well. We need to win every game to be 3rd with Boston being a must win.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Toronto 

Boston

Cleveland

Washington 

Boston and Washington falling apart.

Cleveland seems to be resting James v. Meh teams and playing him v. Us.

Toronto is a tough one for us as well. We need to win every game to be 3rd with Boston being a must win.

Quite the contrary. They are playing well. They got a nice young core with Crowder, Bradley, Thomas and Smart. Great coach in Stevens. They also get the Nets pick in this year's draft. Possible a top 5. Smh. I hate them.

4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Quite the contrary. They are playing well. They got a nice young core with Crowder, Bradley, Thomas and Smart. Great coach in Stevens. They also get the Nets pick in this year's draft. Possible a top 5. Smh. I hate them.

These guys are mostly just role players, but they'll play hard and grind it out.

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

These guys are mostly just role players, but they'll play hard and grind it out.

I think they are a little better than role players but possibly. I really like Bradley despite his size, his defense is crazy good. 

Well, Boston looked like it was falling apart and then they beat Golden State. I don't believe in transitive property in sports however, so while it's noteworthy it's not something to really worry about, like consider Boston an auto loss due to this and this alone (while Golden State is still really strong, they aren't playing at the unreal level they were earlier in the season anyway).

Isaiah Thomas is on an unreal roll however, and while you'd think that this is a team strung of role players you can make a legitimate argument that Atlanta's starting lineup only wins slightly talent wise if Thomas stays on this unreal roll (Crowder is better than Bazemore).

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I think they are a little better than role players but possibly. I really like Bradley despite his size, his defense is crazy good. 

Nah... 10 or 15 years ago their team wouldn't win 30 games.

Hell, they have maybe one player that would have started for the JJ era Hawks. Thomas. Jae might.. 

Nah, they're just role players that play hard. 

Edited by Hotlanta1981

33 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Nah... 10 or 15 years ago their team wouldn't win 30 games.

Hell, they have maybe one player that would have started for the JJ era Hawks. Thomas. Jae might.. 

Nah, they're just role players that play hard. 

I'm convinced you don't watch any non Hawks games ever. Hell, I'm not sure you even watch Hawks games. Lol.

14 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm convinced you don't watch any non Hawks games ever. Hell, I'm not sure you even watch Hawks games. Lol.

What's so special about Avery Bradley,  Jae Crowder,  Jared Sullinger and and Amir Johnson?

I mean, they're good players... But none of these are even all stars. Not even close.

-Bradley wouldn't start over Joe Johnson, Jared wouldn't start over Al Horford and Amir wouldn't start over Josh Smith.

So, tell me where I was wrong? 

The league is soft and EXTREMELY mediocre. It makes it easier for a team like Boston to have some success now. They're a really watered down version of the 2004 Pistons. And I mean a really watered down version.

The NBA is trash outside of 3 or 4 teams. 

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators

Boston isn't very talented.  They aren't contenders.  A risk to knock off a fringe contender having a bad series at best.

Their path to future contender status is getting lucky with a lottery pick (see NJ bad trades).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Boston isn't very talented.  They aren't contenders.  A risk to knock off a fringe contender having a bad series at best.

Their path to future contender status is getting lucky with a lottery pick (see NJ bad trades).

Maybe if that player turns out to be great. But guys like Bradley and have Jared haven't improved that much over the last few years.  Without drafting a great player they will hit their ceiling very soon. They might have already done it.

They shoot less than 44% as a team in a time where offenses rule.

Again, they wouldn't be easy for the Hawks in the playoffs. No team ever is.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Maybe if that player turns out to be great. But guys like Bradley and have Jared haven't improved that much over the last few years.  Without drafting a great player they will hit their ceiling very soon. They might have already done it.

They shoot less than 44% as a team in a time where offenses rule.

Again, they wouldn't be easy for the Hawks in the playoffs. No team ever is.

That is the path to greatness - drafting a superstar who they can add to a playoff non-contender.  Or using that pick to grab some stars ala the young players and picks deals for Garnett and Allen.  They don't have anyone nearly as good as PP on their current roster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

What's so special about Avery Bradley,  Jae Crowder,  Jared Sullinger and and Amir Johnson?

I mean, they're good players... But none of these are even all stars. Not even close.

-Bradley wouldn't start over Joe Johnson, Jared wouldn't start over Al Horford and Amir wouldn't start over Josh Smith.

So, tell me where I was wrong? 

The league is soft and EXTREMELY mediocre. It makes it easier for a team like Boston to have some success now. They're a really watered down version of the 2004 Pistons. And I mean a really watered down version.

The NBA is trash outside of 3 or 4 teams. 

I'm not comparing this Boston team to an Atlanta team of several years ago. All I'm saying is that they have some really good young defensive players in Bradley, Smart and Crowder and some pieces to come via the Nets pick. Combine this with a really good coach and they are headed north. Now, having said all this I must tell you that I've hated the Celtics since 1985. I hated Bird, McHale, and Ainge with a passion, so naturally I hope they fail. All I'm saying is that you called them role players, which they are most certainly not. They aren't superstars but definitely not role players.