• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Raptors

lethalweapon3

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This is why I keep saying the starting lineup must change against this team in the playoffs if they happen to meet them, or it's going to be as ugly as that Orlando series back in 2010.

What lineup do you suggest?

personally I see that Lowry and Derozan just get too many bullshit calls. Even when both teams were struggling the refs found a way to get them a 10 point lead...mainly by free throws and not one fouls was called for the Hawks. Free throws were 18 or 19 to 5 at one point!

Raptors aren't that damn good at defense  to be so perfect where they aren't fouling us and if we can't get atleast a 60/40 game on free throws I don't think a lineup Change is going to do much.

not getting calls really got into millsap and bazemores head tonight and I completely understand their frustration...it's like they couldn't even get close without a whistle being blown. Raptors pull some bull shit fouls on the Hawks through these 3 games this season and  all their opponents in general 

so sick of free throws beating our Hawks or taking them out the game to where they can't get into a rhythm! For goodness sake please bless us with a star so we can get some R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!!

15 minutes ago, JTB said:

Removing Korver and Bazemore from the starting lineup. That is not going to happen so if Atlanta somehow pulls out third, they're going to have an eye opening ugggllllyyy series like Orlando 2010 and it may finally wake some people up that changes need to happen.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JTB said:

Raptors aren't that damn good at defense  to be so perfect where they aren't fouling us and if we can't get atleast a 60/40 game on free throws I don't think a lineup Change is going to do much.

.The statement in bold letter certainly makes no sense especially if you noticed the difference in the score when the line up was actually changed

3 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

I know we were all frustrated by this game tonight, but how about some support for our team?  I hate reading all the negativity after a tough loss, especially one with so  many lopsided calls.  Believe in this team!  

i feel like its the same person, just new made a new squawker account lol..

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

I know we were all frustrated by this game tonight, but how about some support for our team?  I hate reading all the negativity after a tough loss, especially one with so  many lopsided calls.  Believe in this team!  

It is up to the head coach to make the necessary line up changes to give his team the best opportunity to win and Bud doesn't do that which was highlighte tonight...No call made Korver and Bazemore miss all of those shots.  No calls made their center look like an all star in the 1st quarter.  I was all Bud not managing his personnel well until the blow out 3rd quarter.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

It is up to the head coach to make the necessary line up changes to give his team the best opportunity to win and Bud doesn't do that which was highlighte tonight...No call made Korver and Bazemore miss all of those shots.  No calls made their center look like an all star in the 1st quarter.  I was all Bud not managing his personnel well until the blow out 3rd quarter.

I'm not saying the calls were the only issue in the game, but they definitely hurt us.  I'm sure you know how that can mentally affect a team as well as the momentum of the game.  Yes, Korver was cold tonight and Baze has been struggling with his shot, but I think Bud instills confidence in these guys by letting them work through the slump.  THJ has been ice cold but he seemed to push through that tonight.  I think it takes a good coach to really believe in his players.  I think Bud does that.  

23 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

.The statement in bold letter certainly makes no sense especially if you noticed the difference in the score when the line up was actually changed

Toronto took their foot off the gas when the bench was in...what did you see?

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Not likely. Bud is just not a good coach.

Really? 

14 wins out the last 17 with the same starters and rotation ...no changes says otherwise. Please realize that  Toronto got bullshit calls. 

Hawks aren't respected. If we were the refs would have been fair or atleast 60/40 on calls with us being the 40 % Toronto being 60% getting majority calls, which would have been fine cause then we would have won .....but when calls are 95/5 meaning Toronto gets 95 percent chance of drawing a foul compared to a 5 percent chance for the Hawks there's no way to overcome that other than shooting lights out.

theres no magical coaching to overcome bullshit calls from the ref 

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Leave my Bengals out of this!  We got enough issues.  Bengals are more like the Clippers.

Bengals are exactly like the Falcons some years back. Can make the playoffs but can't get to that next round. I will say they have a way better defense than when the Falcons got there consistently.

Can't really even bring the excuse of an easy schedule as it wasn't that. Although it was very manageable. 8 of the 12 teams Atlanta beat this month were fighting for the playoffs and they also beat a team that has matchup problems for them for some reason in Milwaukee.

I mean if you had looked at what Atlanta was doing in January and saw that March schedule, you would have thought that March would have ended up dooming them.

.This is more than just BS calls.  Toronto flat out have our number right now.

As High5 said in the other thread, that's 7 out of the last 8 they've won against us.  We got matchup problems all over the place vs Toronto, and they know it.

They probably WANT US in the playoffs.  And I don't blame them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Really? 

14 wins out the last 17 with the same starters and rotation ...no changes says otherwise. Please realize that  Toronto got bullshit calls. 

Hawks aren't respected. If we were the refs would have been fair or atleast 60/40 on calls with us being the 40 % Toronto being 60% getting majority calls, which would have been fine cause then we would have won .....but when calls are 95/5 meaning Toronto gets 95 percent chance of drawing a foul compared to a 5 percent chance for the Hawks there's no way to overcome that other than shooting lights out.

theres no magical coaching to overcome bullshit calls from the ref 

0-3 against Toronto.... 0-2 against SA and 0-2 against GS. The Hawks will most likely end the reason with a losing record against Cleveland also.

They can beat Houston, Indiana, Detroit and Washington. So what?

This team is not a legit threat in the playoffs. They weren't last year either. The only reason they got the 3rd round is because they got to play two crappy teams in Washington and the Brooklyn Nets. Neither will even be in the playoffs this year. 

This teams got nothing. This "good second half" is just window dressing. It's a facade.

53 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

There is no point in truly believing in something that is sure to fail.

7 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I remember when I was a young whippersnapper on the Squawk trying to tell people to stay positive....once you hit about 100 posts you'll realize it's useless and better to just ignore it.

I don't mind criticizing as long as it's productive and in the best interests of the team.  Rather than just saying blanket statements like...

Sometimes you just have to say what you're feeling.

People try to call the Hawks a great defensive team, but the top players in the league will eat the Hawks lunch when they want to do so. Many of the good iso guards will eat the Hawks "great defense" for breakfast.