• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Raptors

lethalweapon3

vor 7 Stunden, benhillboy sagte:

I'm gonna start waiting for the NBATV delay on Hawks games to hear competent commentary.  I'm near my breaking point with Nique.  He's actually getting worse.  He makes wins less enjoyable, losses unbearable.

Can there be one three taken early in the clock by the opposition without being a "terrible shot?"  Just one?  How do you justify complete  silence when Baze dribbles off his foot or Al shoots an air ball immediately after?  The unprofessionalism is mindboggling and embarrassing for me that opposing fans have to endure him. The junior high vocabulary and total disregard for research and information is bad enough.  

I got more listening to the Toronto crew for 5 minutes than Nique for 48.  Do you think for a million years Nique would be honest or objective enough to say the Hawks have overachieved thus far like Jack Armstrong said of the Raptors?  You think Nique noticed Thabo wears running shoes or that Bud called the first timeouts at the start of the first two quarters and what that means?  Uhhhh, No.  His calls are basically a cycle of "heat check!", "the Hawks need to drive the ball", and "that team is awful."    Brilliant.

I'm so sick and tired of noticing his ineptitude whenever he parts his lips, I just wanna watch the damn games.  I don't need Hubie calling every game, damn sure don't want Bun-Eating Brown.  I'm actually looking forward to Jon f$&kin Barry calling our playoff matinees.

You really favor a 50 year old white dude using ebonics and complimenting Drake for his wardrobe? Over Nique? Let that man have his money. He prolly earns more now than in the human-highlight years. Even if he cant do commentary...

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Boston announcers have been an embarrassment to basketball for decades.  They are terrible now and were shamelessly homering it up back then too.  Boston fans must like it.  I hate listening to it.  I don't mind at all someone wearing their love for their team as a badge of pride but give me actual analysis, insight and color that actually reflects the game.  

Yup...Johnny Most and that tool Tommy Heinsohn...and lispomaniac Gorman lol...hate and hated them all. 

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

Boston announcers have been an embarrassment to basketball for decades.  They are terrible now and were shamelessly homering it up back then too.  Boston fans must like it.  I hate listening to it.  I don't mind at all someone wearing their love for their team as a badge of pride but give me actual analysis, insight and color that actually reflects the game.  

Absolutely agree (I'm finding myself agreeing with AHF a little too much lately).  Every game devolves into a ref-bash session.  That's fine for fans because we're not being paid to offer analysis.  Professionals should be above the nonsense their broadcasts puts out.

13 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

The Raptors do not want us in the playoffs. We would prolly beat them 4-1 if not sweep them. Playing possum in the regular season and not showing a team that you might face in round 2 is genius. Kudos to coach of the year Bud. :-)

ps If Raps face the Pacers, they might not get out of round 1.....pacers still have the same coach, and many of the same players that gave Miami trouble a few years back.

I'm not worried about TOR in the playoffs.  We're not ending up at 7 and they're not making it past round 1 so ....

ETA: Oh and @benhillboy you're looking forward to Hawk-hatin' Barry calling our games over Nique?  Nique's bad but I'd rather use fire ants as ear muffs (wha?) than listen to Barry throwing thinly-veiled shade on our city and franchise just 'cause he's harboring beef with how Woodson treated him.

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Absolutely agree (I'm finding myself agreeing with AHF a little too much lately).  Every game devolves into a ref-bash session.  That's fine for fans because we're not being paid to offer analysis.  Professionals should be above the nonsense their broadcasts puts out.

I'm not worried about TOR in the playoffs.  We're not ending up at 7 and they're not making it past round 1 so ....

ETA: Oh and @benhillboy you're looking forward to Hawk-hatin' Barry calling our games over Nique?  Nique's bad but I'd rather use fire ants as ear muffs (wha?) than listen to Barry throwing thinly-veiled shade on our city and franchise just 'cause he's harboring beef with how Woodson treated him.

I didn't say we are ending up at 7, I said the Pacers might, and if they draw #2 Raps, I wouldn't count them out.

10 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I didn't say we are ending up at 7, I said the Pacers might, and if they draw #2 Raps, I wouldn't count them out.

I only meant that I doubt we'll ever face them in the playoffs considering (a) we're not ending up at 7 and (2) they're not advancing past round 1 anyway.

Sheesh, what a bully. :dry:

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I only meant that I doubt we'll ever face them in the playoffs considering (a) we're not ending up at 7 and (2) they're not advancing past round 1 anyway.

Sheesh, what a bully. :dry:

Better pray to God that this is true. As if it's not and Atlanta faces them, we will see 2010 Orlando part 2 against them.

Well  I missed the entire game (sick kid).

Form the boxscore it looks like our starters wern't good - only Teague was in double figures.  

We held our own on rebounds but had too many turnovers.

I don't get how Paul Millsap does not get to the free throw line ONE time.  This is the 2nd time in the last few games.  He's taking a beating nightly. 

Is this payback for Bud not getting suspended for bumping the ref?

Jeff showed up lat night but sadly the other starters didn't. Sap played hard but the turnovers were brutal. Al  was a mess last night. Might be one of the softest games I have ever seen from him. He was missing lay ups, not boxing out, no type of energy or effort

Kyle played like I expected. He just does not seem to play well against good teams. He cant get shots off or when he does, he cant hit

Baze needs to drive more because that jumper has been missing for months now

Bench was ehhh too. I just hope that it got Tim back on track

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

This is the weird fact the message board members don't comprehend...The Hawks aren't a good Jump shooting team so why do fans expect outside shots to fall for this team routinely....The thing to recognize as a coach is who is hot on any given night and who isn't...Clearly Bud struggles with that simple concept.  He would prefer to stick to his regular substitution patterns whether it is working or not.  I don't know of any other coach in the league that coaches that way.

Exactly.  Its never been the system itself, its been the talent level on the Hawks and, like you pointed out, ive always been perplexed by Bud's rotation patterns also. Scott, for example,  could come in and get hot, and boom, he is on the bench.

As far as talent, ive never been in agreement that the Hawks problem was at small forward, but im beginning to rethink that now because Bazemore isnt a starter AT ALL. Dude cant shoot and even goes cold with his drives to the rim. ( If you cant shoot, your layups BETTER be going in, lmao).  Back on point, im beginning to see that a SCORING small forward would help the Hawks. They need a small forward that does nothing but shoot lights out.  This would help negate the lack of post game. Im tired of seeing  skunk head ( Dennis), driving to the basket as the Hawks low post game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

They STILL on that garbage?? lmao

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Better pray to God that this is true. As if it's not and Atlanta faces them, we will see 2010 Orlando part 2 against them.

I don't know man.  Orlando had previous playoff success when they crushed us.

Toronto has yet to prove anything the past few years except they're a good regular season team.  I'm not giving them that benefit of the doubt until they actually do something in the playoffs.  I'd like to see how their round 1 matchup goes before making that sort of assumption.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Toronto has yet to prove anything the past few years except they're a good regular season team.  I'm not giving them that benefit of the doubt until they actually do something in the playoffs.  I'd like to see how their round 1 matchup goes before making that sort of assumption.

This is exactly why I stopped commenting. Our fans on the squawk are acting like the Raptors haven't been a more disappointing playoff team than our Hawks! Raptors haven't proven shit in the last 2 or 3 years since making the playoffs ...they've been beaten by the lower seed two years in a row. One year it was in the first round....

I would welcome the raptors in the playoffs  all day long . Some of you say we aren't a playoff team well guess what? Neither are they...raptors especially Lowry has been chocking in recent playoffs...so why should I believe they won't choke again?

Cleveland is the only team the Hawks need to worry about avoiding. Bad chemistry or lebron is going to shit on the east more than likely and go to his 6th straight NBA finals. He may not beat the Warriors or Spurs but trust me he's going to shit on the east. 

With that said those of you who think Toronto is so good because the Hawks had their worst officiating game of the year last night  please choose something better to come up with! this team just like Hawks haven't proven much in the playoffs in recent pass but I will say at least we can get out of a round and we made to the ECF last year.

RAPTORS? ---> F**k out here!...if you think the Hawks are unproven please don't bring up the damn raptors as if they are proven! Smh....you guys are something else.

3 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

You are right. Bud is saving his scheme vs the Raps for the playoffs. I really hope we draw them in round 2 but I'm not looking ahead. One game at a time.

18 minutes ago, JTB said:

This is exactly why I stopped commenting. Our fans on the squawk are acting like the Raptors haven't been a more disappointing playoff team than our Hawks! Raptors haven't proven shit in the last 2 or 3 years since making the playoffs ...they've been beaten by the lower seed two years in a row. One year it was in the first round....

I would welcome the raptors in the playoffs  all day long . Some of you say we aren't a playoff team well guess what? Neither are they...raptors especially Lowry has been chocking in recent playoffs...so why should I believe they won't choke again?

Cleveland is the only team the Hawks need to worry about avoiding. Bad chemistry or lebron is going to shit on the east more than likely and go to his 6th straight NBA finals. He may not beat the Warriors or Spurs but trust me he's going to shit on the east. 

With that said those of you who think Toronto is so good because the Hawks had their worst officiating game of the year last night  please choose something better to come up with! this team just like Hawks haven't proven much in the playoffs in recent pass but I will say at least we can get out of a round and we made to the ECF last year.

RAPTORS? ---> F**k out here!...if you think the Hawks are unproven please don't bring up the damn raptors as if they are proven! Smh....you guys are something else.

Don't you understand that regular season wins mean nothing, only the playoffs except when it's any other team.

9 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Hawks better find some scoring if they wanna return to the conference finals. If they get that, they have a chance to be decent in the playoffs.

Have you watched the last month of th...

forget it...nevermind

3 hours ago, JTB said:

You'll be sorry... Things ALWAYS go by the book for Georgia sports teams in postseason play. If they struggle with a team, they'll lose even if that team historically is also not successful in the playoffs.

A PERFECT example of this is the only postseason series the Dodgers have won with their stacked team came against the Braves in recent years, and I can come up with two more of them easily.

So as I said, better pray that the Pacers pull the 2-7 upset, that is if Atlanta even stays in 3rd by end of the season.

You can't even bring the excuse of the refs will back off in the playoffs if you watched last year's playoffs. They won't, if one of the teams has more star power they will favor that team.

Edited by Lurker

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Don't you understand that regular season wins mean nothing, only the playoffs except when it's any other team.

Didn't say it did ...I'm pissed so I'm going to express it regular season or not and I'm just acknowledging that Hawks loss this regular season game strictly due to free throws and bad officiating ONLY. Refs deceided the game before Atlanta even arrived in Toronto.

38 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You'll be sorry... Things ALWAYS go by the book for Georgia sports teams in postseason play. If they struggle with a team, they'll lose even if that team historically is also not successful in the playoffs.

A PERFECT example of this is the only postseason series the Dodgers have won with their stacked team came against the Braves in recent years, and I can come up with two more of them easily.

So as I said, better pray that the Pacers pull the 2-7 upset, that is if Atlanta even stays in 3rd by end of the season.

You can't even bring the excuse of the refs will back off in the playoffs if you watched last year's playoffs. They won't, if one of the teams has more star power they will favor that team.

Nope you'll be sorry believing this raptors team has really changed. I'm begging to see them in the second round as long as both teams advance. Hawks don't even need a completely fair game to win, we just need a couple of free throws here and there and it's a wrap. 

Derozan will get his points. Hawks will win series.

Speaking of Georgia sport teams when did Toronto become a championship city?

12 minutes ago, JTB said:

Nope you'll be sorry believing this raptors team has really changed. I'm begging to see them in the second round as long as both teams advance. Hawks don't even need a completely fair game to win, we just need a couple of free throws here and there and it's a wrap.

Derozan will get his points. Hawks will win series.

Speaking of Georgia sport teams when did Toronto become a championship city?

The LA Dodgers aren't good in the playoffs. THAT'S my example A of why it does not mean SH*T that Toronto sucks in the playoffs as Georgia sports will lose to any team if there is a problem. And there is clearly a major problem here and it is not officiating at all.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1