• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis - What happened?

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Then you have to be biased against Teague or you don't understand Bud's system.  This team would not score well without Teague.

True. Dennis would be the guy I'd trade if a PG had to be moved. I think Dennis is better off in a different system, something free flowing like a D'Antoni offense.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

One player does not make a team. Do you seriously think that replacing Butler with Teague on that team gets them in the playoffs? What's Teague doing for us that's so special? I'm not claiming Butler or any one else we could trade for will be our savior, I'm just saying that we need a quality SF and potentially SG and the best way to do it might be to trade Teague.

Unless it is for an exceptional wing like Durant, Thompson or Leonard...Its not worth it!   Above average wing players gets you no where!

• Moderators
10 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

One player does not make a team. Do you seriously think that replacing Butler with Teague on that team gets them in the playoffs? What's Teague doing for us that's so special? I'm not claiming Butler or any one else we could trade for will be our savior, I'm just saying that we need a quality SF and potentially SG and the best way to do it might be to trade Teague.

I kind of thought that was a strange argument myself given that our best players this season are clearly Sap and Horford.  If you switched Butler and Teague this season, I don't see the Bulls having some banner year or the Hawks missing the playoffs.

I am happy that Teague has picked up his play over the last month or two and hope he carries it into the playoffs.  We will need him to step up -- especially in crunch time.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

I kind of thought that was a strange argument myself given that our best players this season are clearly Sap and Horford.  If you switched Butler and Teague this season, I don't see the Bulls having some banner year or the Hawks missing the playoffs.

I am happy that Teague has picked up his play over the last month or two and hope he carries it into the playoffs.  We will need him to step up -- especially in crunch time.

So let me get this strait...You clearly admit that Teague has picked up his play over the last month or 2 which coincides with the Hawk's winning percentage improving but yet you claim he doesn't affect the team's success?  While Jimmy Butler's return from injury had little affect on the Bull's success but yet butler has more of an impact?:blink:  Interesting

• Like 1

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So let me get this strait...You clearly admit that Teague has picked up his play over the last month or 2 which coincides with the Hawk's winning percentage improving but yet you claim he doesn't affect the team's success?  While Jimmy Butler's return from injury had little affect on the Bull's success but yet butler has more of an impact?:blink:  Interesting

LMAO.  Of course Teague playing like ish tanked our record early in the season and his returning to good play helps us.  

The Bulls, on the other hand, started the year strong and deteriorated as the season went along.  By the time Butler was back, he wasn't joining multiple All-Stars and a team with its sites set on the playoffs.  He rejoined a team wallowing in dysfunction and thinking about how nice it will be to have time to play with the kids while playoff basketball is happening.  

Gasol was hurting and is now out for the year.  Noah is out for the year.  Gibson is out for the year.  Moore is out for the  year.  Rose (surprise) is out for the year.

For us, Splitter is out for the year.  It just isn't apples to apples.

I'm not saying that Teague isn't helpful to this team - to the contrary, this team only wins big when it is getting contributions from all the key players.  

Instead, I am saying that having Butler instead of one of our single PER wings would have swung L's into W's for us at times this season as having .528% TS% Teague (Oct - Jan) replaced by .571% TS% Teague (Feb-April) swings L's into W's for us.  Likewise, Teague wouldn't have saved Chicago's sinking ship.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

LMAO.  Of course Teague playing like ish tanked our record early in the season and his returning to good play helps us.  

The Bulls, on the other hand, started the year strong and deteriorated as the season went along.  By the time Butler was back, he wasn't joining multiple All-Stars and a team with its sites set on the playoffs.  He rejoined a team wallowing in dysfunction and thinking about how nice it will be to have time to play with the kids while playoff basketball is happening.  

Gasol was hurting and is now out for the year.  Noah is out for the year.  Gibson is out for the year.  Moore is out for the  year.  Rose (surprise) is out for the year.

For us, Splitter is out for the year.  It just isn't apples to apples.

I'm not saying that Teague isn't helpful to this team - to the contrary, this team only wins big when it is getting contributions from all the key players.  

Instead, I am saying that having Butler instead of one of our single PER wings would have swung L's into W's for us at times this season as having .528% TS% Teague (Oct - Jan) replaced by .571% TS% Teague (Feb-April) swings L's into W's for us.  Likewise, Teague wouldn't have saved Chicago's sinking ship.

We are like 13-5 the last 18 games going through a difficult schedule which dramatically different from the Bull's 9-9 record with Butler returning to fight for a play off spot.  Gasol and Rose were ruled out for the season 1 game ago after the Bulls were eliminated..Gibson missed only 7 games this season..So it is a fair comparison.  Lets face it, Butler just didn't have the same impact on his own team that Teague did on his but yet you want to claim that Butler is a more  important player than Teague.  The grass is always greener away from Philips in the eyes of Hawks fans but I'm just not willing to buy it.  Point guard play makes Bud's system work.  So if you think a better than average wing guard will somehow mask poor point guard play, just take a look at how our second unit has looked since Dennis started  looking like a D-leaguer compared to how it look when he was playing well.  Bottom line is even though Butler is a better scorer than Teague, he is not more valuable than Teague especially in Bud's system.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We are like 13-5 the last 18 games going through a difficult schedule which dramatically different from the Bull's 9-9 record with Butler returning to fight for a play off spot.  Gasol and Rose were ruled out for the season 1 game ago after the Bulls were eliminated..Gibson missed only 7 games this season..So it is a fair comparison.  Lets face it, Butler just didn't have the same impact on his own team that Teague did on his but yet you want to claim that Butler is a more  important player than Teague.  The grass is always greener away from Philips in the eyes of Hawks fans but I'm just not willing to buy it.  Point guard play makes Bud's system work.  So if you think a better than average wing guard will somehow mask poor point guard play, just take a look at how our second unit has looked since Dennis started  looking like a D-leaguer compared to how it look when he was playing well.  Bottom line is even though Butler is a better scorer than Teague, he is not more valuable than Teague especially in Bud's system.

Go ahead and think the Bulls win 48 games with Teague if you want.  I don't believe it.  

We've never seen a great two-way wing in Bud's system so we don't know how important that could be.  We have seen Kawhi Leonard in that system and seen how important he can be so I'll have to hold off concluding that wings don't mean much in the Spurs / Bud system.  Butler isn't as good as Leonard but neither is Teague.

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, AHF said:

Go ahead and think the Bulls win 48 games with Teague if you want.  I don't believe it.  

We've never seen a great two-way wing in Bud's system so we don't know how important that could be.  We have seen Kawhi Leonard in that system and seen how important he can be so I'll have to hold off concluding that wings don't mean much in the Spurs / Bud system.  Butler isn't as good as Leonard but neither is Teague.

I think that I said I would trade Teague for an elite Wing like Leonard but not for an above average wing like Butler

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Teague and Butler aren't comparable.  Butler added 3 more wins in 12 less games.

It was a hypothetical situation to determine whether you would trade Teague for Butler and go with Dennis at point to make the Hawks a better team.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

It was a hypothetical situation to determine whether you would trade Teague for Butler and go with Dennis at point to make the Hawks a better team.

I was late to the party.  If we had kept Mack hell yeah.  I think even Dennis realizes he isn't a starter between the ears yet.