• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

I'm getting 4 new tires....Finally.

What a game,  I screamed myself hoarse.

That comeback to tie it up at 91 had Philips rocking, then the shot to go up 93-91 was even sweeter. Get Loud!

The crowd was loudest for the '2 missed freethrow by Celtics in 4th  to win a free Chic-fil-a sandwich'  - hilarious! My daughter was pissed, said he only cares about scoring points not letting us get a free sandwich' lolololol - Hawks fan to the bone.

Welcome back Dennis - removing the DS from your hair worked. 

Maul Pimpslap (is that right?) - You da MAN.

The refs, smdh. Boston made more than we attempted. Our Hawks get mauled and no calls (I still wonder if this is the Bud effect from bumping the refs).  4 minutes plus left in 4th quarter is when Boston picked up their 1st foul.  The blatant disrespect is annoying and troublesome. You could see the frustration for our players.  My daughter asked 'how come only they get to shoot freethrows?'  Then she said I don't think the refs know what they are doing, they're just 'going with the flow.' :-0, lol.

All in all, a great in game experience with the fam. Left with a brand new kiddy Hawks Tshirt, a plush Harry The Hawk, and a Chic-fil-a parachute cow.  

A great way to end the last home game.  Leaves us wanting more.

GO HAWKS!!! See you in the PLAYOFFS!!!

Edit: Forgot to add, a bunch of Celtics fans were seated in the row in front of us,  nothing was sweeter than watching then leave early with the loss, lololololol. 

Great win. I hope they have one more huge effort in them for the regular season since Cleveland failed to clinch the 1 seed tonight. Beating the Cavs in their building would be an awesome confidence boost going into the playoffs. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, High5 said:

Great win. I hope they have one more huge effort in them for the regular season since Cleveland failed to clinch the 1 seed tonight. Beating the Cavs in their building would be an awesome confidence boost going into the playoffs. 

I have been pleasantly surprised with how well we are playing.  I predicted 6-4 the last ten because of the schedule, but if we can beat the cavs and wiz the last two games I will feel very optimistic about the playoffs.  Being healthy this year gives me so much more confidence.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What a game,  I screamed myself hoarse.

That comeback to tie it up at 91 had Philips rocking, then the shot to go up 93-91 was even sweeter. Get Loud!

The crowd was loudest for the '2 missed freethrow by Celtics in 4th  to win a free Chic-fil-a sandwich'  - hilarious! My daughter was pissed, said he only cares about scoring points not letting us get a free sandwich' lolololol - Hawks fan to the bone.

Welcome back Dennis - removing the DS from your hair worked. 

Maul Pimpslap (is that right?) - You da MAN.

The refs, smdh. Boston made more than we attempted. Our Hawks get mauled and no calls (I still wonder if this is the Bud effect from bumping the refs).  4 minutes plus left in 4th quarter is when Boston picked up their 1st foul.  The blatant disrespect is annoying and troublesome. You could see the frustration for our players.  My daughter asked 'how come only they get to shoot freethrows?'  Then she said I don't think the refs know what they are doing, they're just 'going with the flow.' :-0, lol.

All in all, a great in game experience with the fam. Left with a brand new kiddy Hawks Tshirt, a plush Harry The Hawk, and a Chic-fil-a parachute cow.  

A great way to end the last home game.  Leaves us wanting more.

GO HAWKS!!! See you in the PLAYOFFS!!!

Edit: Forgot to add, a bunch of Celtics fans were seated in the row in front of us,  nothing was sweeter than watching then leave early with the loss, lololololol. 

Seeing all those green jerseys seating in our stands made me nauseous... gotta keep racking up wins at home like this to keep these band-wagoners at bay.  

4 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

Such a joy to listen to Bob with Stinger like the old days.  Indeed!

Who you tellin.  I enjoyed Michael Cooper as well.

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Such smart defense by Millsap.

His IQ has soared under Bud.  His numbers were eye-popping for sure, but it's really no different from what you know he's gonna bring every night: flex his wide-ranging skillset, play smart, and bust his behind.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maul Pimpslap (is that right?)

I foolishly thought a high-scoring affair with Boston would be a loss.  No more doubt out of me, these boys playoff-ready.  And yes, that's correct.

This recent great play has coincided with Baze's uptick in focused energy.  He and Jeff picked up the scoring slack for Kyle.  Luckily their length with  Thabo (think he was focused on defense with 2 shots in 30 minutes?) gives Boston's wings major problems.

Again, I don't worry about awful officiating, not even in the playoffs.  Bud and the team get up in arms about it, but it really isn't a big deal to them.  A high possibility of poor refereeing is built into the gameplan and it usually evens out in 48 minutes.  They draw their fair share of off-ball offensive fouls and are always near the bottom (or top) of the league in fouls committed so I'm good with the non-calls.  They seem to fuel Jeff so go ahead, don't call nothing but his And-1s.

Excellent team win all around.  All it takes usually is a coaching tirade and they kick it into gear.  It's like he gives them a quarter or 15 minutes to d*ck around knowing they'll respond to hard coaching down the stretch.  #Stealthrest.

• Like 2

JayBirdHawk   - - Love your daughter!  You're raising her right!  A true Hawk fan !!

Congratulations on the tires. 

Wow!  A Hawksquawk great grand daughter to go with my natural grand daughter's two,

a boy and a girl !! - - :air_kiss:

Thanks for sharing  your game attendance and experience.

GO HAWKS !

Playoff bound !!

• Like 3

• Moderators

Bird's-Eye View, part 3...

A win in either Cleveland or Washington would lock down homecourt for sure. Only scenarios I can see to fall to 5th now are if:

[Scenario A]

1.  the Hawks lose out to finish 48-34,
  2.  the Celtics beat the Hornets on Monday,
  3.  the heat go 2-1 to finish 48-34 (two-way tiebreaker goes to miami, head-to-head vs. ATL), and
  4.  miami’s sole loss is to Boston on Wednesday, letting Boston finish 49-33 and clinch the 3rd seed.

a.       If Charlotte wins its other two games, they finish 48-34… a three-way tiebreaker gives miami the division and places heat 4th, Hawks 5th, Hornets 6th (mia 5-3, ATL 4-4, CHA 3-5)

b.      If Charlotte loses one of their other two games, they finish 47-35, so same order as 4a.

[Scenario B]

1.         the Hawks lose out to finish 48-34,
  2.             the Hornets beat the Celtics on Monday, and win out to finish 49-33,
  3.         the heat go 2-1 to finish 48-34 (two-way tiebreaker goes to miami, head-to-head vs. ATL), giving Charlotte the division and the 3rd seed.

a.       If Boston’s sole loss is to Charlotte (they beat miami), they finish 48-34… a three-way tiebreaker places Celtics 4th, Hawks 5th, heat 6th (BOS 4-3, ATL 4-4, mia 3-4).

b.      If Boston loses to both Charlotte and miami, they finish 47-35 and place 6th, placing the heat 4th and the Hawks 5th.

CHARLOTTE

• (@ Washington this afternoon, @ Boston tomorrow, vs. Orlando on Wednesday)
  • Hawks have tiebreaker (head-to-head), Hornets must win out and Hawks lose out for Charlotte to pass Atlanta.

• Jeremy Lamb dealing with strained toe but expected to be active today; John Wall will NOT play versus the Hornets.
  • Hornets 11-4 on back end of back-to-back contests (play tomorrow in Boston).

miami

• (vs. Orlando this evening, @ Detroit on Tuesday, @ Boston on Wednesday)
  • heat maintain two-way tiebreaker with the Hawks (head-to-head), but could lose multi-team tiebreaker with Boston in the mix (multi-team head-to-head).
  • Planning to add Briante Weber today and Dorell Wright on Monday to roster.

BOSTON

• (vs. Charlotte tomorrow, vs. miami on Wednesday)
  • Hawks have tiebreaker (head-to-head), Celts must win out and Hawks lose out for Boston to pass Atlanta.
  • Quotables from last night: “Not to make any excuses, I think everybody’s tired. I’m beat.” – Avery Bradley… “I’ve stolen more from Budenholzer than a lot of people.” – Brad Stevens

~lw3

• Like 4

It's cool how Stevens looks up to Bud. But I'd ask Avery Bradley why don't the Hawks look tired?  No one on our team would ever say that.  This new training staff is paying 'ends.

Y'all may be on to something with the horrible refs being in the Celtics' pocket.  How Turner got this shot off is beyond me.  4 of the top 20 defensive rating players in the NBA tried to defend that drive.   He deserved some dap as soon as possible wherever he could get it: