• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ideal round 1 opponent

Ideal round 1 opponent  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I want the Hornets in a 3/6 matchup 

Hawks could definitely beat CHA. I think they could beat them in 5 games. CHA could steal a game in CHA. I think the Hawks' front court would be too much against the Hornets and Batum's health is a question mark so Bazemore may go off too.

43 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

doesnt matter all teams gonna be challenge for the hawks

I think ATL could beat CHA and BOS but MIA would be tough. After seeing last night how the refs can be biased towards superstar players, I can imagine Wade would get all the calls and Whiteside would get away being with being physical.

53 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Who do we want?

I'd say CHA. They're more banged up than Miami and Boston (missing Cody and Batum is hurt).  Ideally being 3rd seed would be perfect (to avoid CLE in the 2nd round).

Edited by BigDog90

I'd say BOS, CHA, MIA, in that order.  We're an awful matchup for BOS.  They can't deal with our bigs for a series and Isaiah Thomas can't guard Jeff or Dennis.

Charlotte is one of the types of teams that give us trouble.  Young, athletic, wild, unscripted.  I'd still give us the edge due to playoff experience.

I think we could beat MIA but it'd be 5-on-8 all series.  Who wants to deal with that nonsense?

• Moderators

If the refs continue to call the Cavs games like we've seen then there is no beating them.   Not a chance.   They have great players, great role players (and roll players), AND are allowed illegal screens constantly, receive whistles on phantom touch fouls and are allowed to be extremely physical on the defensive end.   That can't be beat short of an historic 3 point barrage for four games.  

• Like 2

Only team I don't want to see is Miami in the first round and that's actually a possibility if they lose today but win tomorrow.

Wait...but if they lose today and win tomorrow, then wouldn't it be Boston as the six? Because that would end the three way tiebreak scenario.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member

I just don't want to play the Heat, because of Whiteside and and the obvious favouritism they would receive from the refs.

Ideal, as in "easiest" one? I think charlotte, but "easiest" doesn't mean easy. All of them could beat the Hawks if our guys don't show up and play (especially Dennis).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No matter who we play, where're screwed with the refs, some more than others but still screwed.

Yup, I'd say with Miami we might get screwed big time. Then prolly Boston , lastly Charlotte.

Despite Miami winning last night, a Miami first round series is still available due to the three way tiebreak if they lose today. I'm not trying to see them in the first round, as if that's the first round series, Atlanta won't be favored, despite the higher seed and home court, and it's tough but I'd stay away from confidently picking that series. I'll say Atlanta can win it but they'd be playing 5 on 8 all series.