• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Last Day of the Regular Season and Playoff Scenarios

JTB

Just a quick look on how things may play out...

Tonight’s schedule has Hawks at Wizards, Heat at Celtics and Magic at Hornets. According to the NBA, here are the scenarios:

Hawks will be seeded:

No. 3 if Hawks win and Heat lose (Hawks win Southeast Division)

No. 4 if Heat win OR Hawks lose (Heat win Southeast Division)

Heat will be seeded:

No. 3 if Heat win OR Hawks lose

No. 5 if Hawks win and Heat and Hornets lose

No. 6 if Hawks and Hornets win and Heat lose

Celtics will be seeded:

No. 4 if Celtics and Hawks win

No. 5 if Celtics and Hornets lose OR if Celtics win and Hawks lose

No. 6 if Hornets win and Celtics lose

Hornets will be seeded:

No. 5 if Heat and Hornets win OR if Hornets, Celtics and Hawks win

No. 6 if Hornets lose OR if Hornets and Celtics win and Hawks lose

THE PERFECT SCENARIO:

In order to get an easier 1st round matchup we need these 3 things to happen....

-Celtics win over heat .....Celtics has had little trouble with the heat this season plus a win would give this young team 1st round home court advantage so I doubt they throw the game just avoid a possible matchup in the first with the heat.

-Orlando Magic to win over the Hornets.....this is probably a long shot to happening being that the hornets have been on fire since all star break pretty much like our Hawks.

-Last Hawks should take care of the Wizards tonight giving themselves a good chance to finish at 3rd seed.

If this "PERFECT SCENARIO" happens seeding will go:
3rd Seed- Atlanta 
4th Seed- Celtics 
5th Seed- Heat
6th Seed- Hornets

Im hoping like hell we somehow get the hornets in the first I feel like that may be a guarantee we come out on top and avoid the cavs in the second. I much rather face the raptors or pacers in the 2nd, since we know the cavs aren't going to lose. Raptors have been known to choke in the playoffs lately too so I wouldn't pen them in as a sure thing in any round.

But if we somehow get the heat in the first I have to be honest and say there's a great chance we don't make it out the first round. And the heat probably want us more so than the Celtics so who's to say they won't take the loss just to get our Hawks in round 1?

• Moderators

It's going to suck if we don't even win the division.   I realize all these teams have been hot but losing the division to the Heat would seriously suck.    Especially the Heat without Bosh.     Joe is really coming back to haunt us this year.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere already, as I think I've got this down pat.

Final Bird’s Eye-View, Part 5:

Hawks will host the heat if:

• Hawks win division (wins at Washington, miami loses at Boston), AND Charlotte wins vs. Orlando (1 scenario, heat the 6-seed; Celtics the 4-seed vs. Hornets).

Hawks will host the Hornets if:

• miami wins at Boston, AND Charlotte wins vs. Orlando (2 scenarios, Hornets the 5-seed), OR
  • Hawks win division (wins at Washington, miami loses at Boston), AND Charlotte loses vs. Orlando (1 scenario, Hornets the 6-seed; Celtics the 4-seed vs. heat).

Hawks will host the Celtics if:

• miami wins at Boston, AND Charlotte loses vs. Orlando (2 scenarios, Celtics the 5-seed), OR
  • miami loses at Boston, AND Hawks lose at Washington (2 scenarios, Celtics the 5-seed).

ORLANDO AT CHARLOTTE

• Victor Oladipo and Aaron Gordon out tonight (both w/ concussion symptoms). Nikola Vucevic (leg soreness) questionable.
  • Mario Hezonja: 7 assists and 5 steals in Magic win vs. Milwaukee on Monday.
  • Nic Batum (ankle sprain) doubtful, Cody Zeller (sternum) questionable.

miami AT BOSTON

• heat seeking fifth SE Division title in six seasons.
  • Quotable: "We're a desperate team at this point. We know what's at stake. We've got to treat it like a Game 7." - Joe Johnson
  • Joe, Dwyane Wade, Luol Deng at least 33 minutes apiece in last nights' win at Detroit.
  • Justise Winslow (ankle) and Udonis Haslem (foot) questionable.
  • Celtics looking to sweep season-series, winning first two meetings by double-digits.
  • Celtics need win plus Hawks win to secure homecourt (4-seed), first since 2012. Teams would meet here again for Game 1 if Charlotte also loses.
  • Quotable: "We'll do everything we can to control that (homecourt) and it starts with a win (tonight). Hopefully we can get fourth place and have homecourt in the first round because it will defnitely help us." - Isiah Thomas

~lw3

• Like 3

• Premium Member

So it seems that if we want to play Charlotte, we need to hope the Heat win the division because I don't think we are going to see them lose to an Orlando team missing a lot of their key players. It might be an easier first round match up but it will have us playing Cleveland in the second round.

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It seems like we can get a good 1st round and get Cleveland or a tough 1st round and get Miami. Ugh.

This offseason better be good. I am talking about legit SF and a legit young prospect. 

And Horford for less than the max or finding a replacement.

Lebron will probably be beatable in 2 seasons or so.

I've got this:

So, here's the playoff seeding scenario based on tomorrow's games (best I can figure):

GAMES:  Heat at Celtics, Hawks at Wizards, Hornets v. Magic 

SCENARIO 1:  Heat win, Hawks win/lose, Hornets win:  Heat 3, Hawks 4, Hornets 5. Celtics 6

SCENARIO 2: Heat win, Hawks win/lose, Hornets lose:  Heat 3, Hawks 4, Hornets 5, Celtics 6

SCENARIO 3:  Celtics win, Hawks win, Hornets win/lose:  Hawks 3, Heat 4, Celtics 5, Hornets 6

SCENARIO 4:  Celtics win, Hawks lose, Hornets win/lose:  Heat 3, Hawks 4, Celtics 5, Hornets 6

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

We avoid the Heat regardless.  I feel good about our chances in a series vs both other teams, especially having homecourt.  Charlotte is obv the preference.

There is another thread that LW3 created that is talking about this as well. If Atlanta/Boston/Charlotte all win tonight, we would be the third seed playing Miami who would be the sixth seed.

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

One last correction before I go hit up the BeltLine pregame, re: Orlando vs. Charlotte

~lw3

That's awesome!!! I thought they would both be out.