• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Wizards

lethalweapon3

54 minutes ago, AHF said:

I still think the Cleveland matchup is a big deal.  Bron has gotten to the finals for half a decade.  Toronto hasn't been to the second round.  If our management believes we are contenders, we should have been worried about playoff matchups.  At least enough to show up against scrubs.

BINGO

This one isnt georgia sports related, we can use logic to see what happens to Braves Falcons etc.  Falcons have always had major holes on the team ever since we drafted Ryan and kept thinking every year we were just one piece away and quite building the trenches.  ANYWAY what happened last night is in-explainable if it is a legit loss,  please tell me what Bud said post game,  Korver is Korver had nothing to do with him, I cant see how we could lose this game if we were trying, if we were it makes no sense at all - at all - if the team has been figuired out and our elite defense is now nullified well then NBA basketball is a joke and there is no parity at all in the league and no reason for us to really support this product because it is fundamentally flawed.  One coach is not going to overcome that - if we went on our win streak because of some tweaks that were easily learned then destroyed well then what is the point >!>!>??    The league needs to not only implement the franchise tage system but nobody can have more than one "elite" player not sure how u do that but do something, if not then its just basketball and is only 5 guys on the court so onlyu so much you can do - I get that, but no legit business owner is going to keep a team and put lots of resources into it if they never will have a chance at winning in the post season. 

36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I feel like our season is already over after that display last night.

I have betrayed you Bird ...... Alan (who the h*ll spells Allen, "Alan") Anderson is no longer #1 on my list of hated punch-faces.  Marcus Thornton and Jared Dudley are tied atop the list.

ETA: Freakin' Jared Dudley is probably still complaining to the ref about OBVIOUS fouls he committed.  He's the most overrated supposed 3-n-D guy who's below average on D and isn't a good 3pt shooter.  What is he?  Why's he even out there other than to badly-rock headbands?  That's not even a 'thing' anymore.  Headbands are so mid-00's.  Get a clue, Jarred.

And are there any teams left Thornton hasn't played for.  Maybe do some pushbacks (from the dinner table) every once in a while.  You're a professional athlete.  I shouldn't have a smaller spare tire than you.  Oh and maybe you shouldn't take shot after shot after shot after shot after shot after ....  Maybe run the offense, Chuck.  That's your name now, Chuck Thornton.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I feel like our season is already over after that display last night.

I said at the beginning of this season that this team will ALWAYS default to soft as long as the current leadership is there. Last night was inexcusable. But the season is NOT over yet. I'm pretty sure this season will end in frustrating fashion, but I can't help but think they won't completely embarrass themselves like they did in the ECF.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hawkman said:

I said at the beginning of this season that this team will ALWAYS default to soft as long as the current leadership is there. Last night was inexcusable. But the season is NOT over yet. I'm pretty sure this season will end in frustrating fashion, but I can't help but think they won't completely embarrass themselves like they did in the ECF.

This is the curse of Atlanta sports.   We never go out in heartbreaking fashion at the hands of the league MVP.  We shoot ourselves in the foot and walk away like pretenders.  Here's hoping for a better outcome this year but last night was not encouraging.    The only good part was it was on the road so they saved themselves getting boo'd off the court.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

and to think before the last 2 games I was thinking "perhaps they're peaking at the right time, after all."

My @$$!

Still, the #VOLTOUT will be nice. GO HAWKS!

The Cavs game didn't bother me because that was a typical referee screw job.      Failure to even be competitive against Ramon Sessions, Marcus Thornton, Nene,  and Drew friggin Gooden is unacceptable.    I mean some of the turnovers were beyond sad.     Supposedly we have a great defense but it didn't make the trip to Washington.    Of course we gave up 70 points in the first half to Boston a few nights ago.     Not that Hardaway is any kind of savior but the other 3 wings look like they're playing playground ball out there.   We acted like we have nothing to prove and got embarrassed.   My hope is that it's a wake up call.

It almost sounds like a joke.   With the division and the 3rd seed on the line we lose a game by double digits to a lottery team, playing no starters, with a coach who got fired as soon as the game was over. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

The Cavs game didn't bother me because that was a typical referee screw job.      Failure to even be competitive against Ramon Sessions, Marcus Thornton, Nene,  and Drew friggin Gooden is unacceptable.    I mean some of the turnovers were beyond sad.     Supposedly we have a great defense but it didn't make the trip to Washington.    Of course we gave up 70 points in the first half to Boston a few nights ago.     Not that Hardaway is any kind of savior but the other 3 wings look like they're playing playground ball out there.   We acted like we have nothing to prove and got embarrassed.   My hope is that it's a wake up call.

It almost sounds like a joke.   With the division and the 3rd seed on the line we lose a game by double digits to a lottery team, playing no starters, with a coach who got fired as soon as the game was over. 

Wow. When you say it like that it does sound pretty pathetic. This team needs a strong leader in the worst way.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, rd79 said:

When I think about having home court advantage vs Indiana in 2nd round, I'm even more pissed that we dropped this one...

You are assuming we would beat a team that we went 1-3 against during the regular season. One of those Miami wins was at Philips when they rested Wade and Whiteside.