• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks GAME 1

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Hated him forever. Saying this just makes him a complete moron. The Celtics brass probably wants him to stfu now. Lol.

also, bulletin board material for Al.

ps we need way more production from our bench specially Dennis, and Kyle needs to get freed up of multiple screens more, comon Bud!

Hard to come away with any positives after the game last night except for Bazemore, Teague, and Al.  Defense was good for a half and then was awful.  Same with the offense.  Game killers Dennis and Hardaway absolutely can't be on the floor together.  People talk about how bad Kyle was, but at least teams have to worry about him and he was grabbing rebounds as well.   Dennis and Hardaway were complete negatives last night and were the reason why the Hawks fell apart in the third quarter.   

I thought Scott played very well in his limited mintes.  He provided a quick spark in the second quarter.  Not sure why he didn't see more minutes.  It's too bad the coaching staff ruined Humphries because he would be nice to have on the floor.  

41 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

also, bulletin board material for Al.

Yeah it's pretty dumb to say something like this while the playoffs are going on.

Hardaway Jr isn't 100% (shots were short in what I saw) and it was his first playoff game. Give that guy a f*cking break. Need to see something better from Schröder though very soon or it's pretty highly likely we see nothing from the bench until the second round. If they get there that is.

I'll say what I've said elsewhere, if the PG isn't trying to look for his shot on this bench, the bench isn't very good offensively unless guys like Scott and Hardaway Jr are hitting jumpers. Period. End of story.

And I don't know why we're arguing this but someone on another forum said this:

"You SERIOUSLY think that Dennis Schröder won't improve with this staff when EVERY mediocre player (Bazemore, Hardaway Jr, Carroll) has? Really? And remember that Jeff Teague was considered the liability until the last two seasons too under this staff."

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

• Moderators

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15222772/2016-nba-playoffs-avery-bradley-boston-celtics-unlikely-play-rest-atlanta-hawks-series-due-hamstring-strain

Celtics shooting guard Avery Bradley is "very unlikely" to play the rest of Boston's first-round series against the Atlanta Hawks after suffering a significant strained hamstring in Game 1, coach Brad Stevens said Sunday.

~lw3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cam1218 said:

There is a lot of good and bad to say about the game.

My biggest takeaway is how we finished. Boston took the lead and had all of the momentum. We didn't panic and won the game. Nothing will be easy in the playoffs, keep on winning however you gotta do it.

Dennis does have to play better. Gott heeeeeeeem needs to getttt heeeeeeesss mind right.

My thoughts exactly.

Just win baby.  Hanging in there when the Mo was on their side was really big IMO.   This series is far from over though.   Bad Brad Stevens will likely make the best adjustments he can and we are going to have to play 48 solid minutes to keep them from stealing one at our place.

If we do get by them I could see us being more competitive against CLE this year - at least win a couple games - and who knows?

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I don't mean to like this because he got injured which is horrible for him. I guess I just like it as far as the perimeter D loosening up now, although Smart played really well.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Yeah it's pretty dumb to say something like this while the playoffs are going on.

Hardaway Jr isn't 100% (shots were short in what I saw) and it was his first playoff game. Give that guy a f*cking break. Need to see something better from Schröder though very soon or it's pretty highly likely we see nothing from the bench until the second round. If they get there that is.

I'll say what I've said elsewhere, if the PG isn't trying to look for his shot on this bench, the bench isn't very good offensively unless guys like Scott and Hardaway Jr are hitting jumpers. Period. End of story.

And I don't know why we're arguing this but someone on another forum said this:

"You SERIOUSLY think that Dennis Schröder won't improve with this staff when EVERY mediocre player (Bazemore, Hardaway Jr, Carroll) has? Really? And remember that Jeff Teague was considered the liability until the last two seasons too under this staff."

Didn't realize shooting career lows is improving.

3 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Korver is completely washed up.

Honestly, the game was close because he was so bad. He mostly misses the would be timely shots that he used to hit.

I can find playground players who can shoot better than Korver. Missing open shots in the playoffs time after time is a killer.

Well Kyle needs to get it going. He's getting open shots and needs to knock them down. Last year he had injuries this year? If you cant do it in the playoffs when can you. This goes for anyone on the roster. We had enough excuses last year now lets see the team do it on the court.  

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, thescout5 said:

Well Kyle needs to get it going. He's getting open shots and needs to knock them down. Last year he had injuries this year? If you cant do it in the playoffs when can you. This goes for anyone on the roster. We had enough excuses last year now lets see the team do it on the court.  

This dude needs to sit period!  He is killing the Hawks!

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Dennis, Tim, Thabo, Korver a combined 1-21 from the field and we won.  That's actually a good sign.

Can't be any worse that's for sure.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Dennis, Tim, Thabo, Korver a combined 1-21 from the field and we won.  That's actually a good sign.

Good and Bad...The bad is that Korver missed all of those shot and Bud still played him in crunch time and almost lost the game having Korver firing up those bricks in the 4th!

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yup, also we went 5-27 from 3. That won't happen again. I blame it on the blinding volt. Lol.