• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Celtics at Hawks GAME 2

lethalweapon3

This game made me realize that I think we are seeing the benefits of having Thabo on the floor as well as another year of team defense under our belts. 

Our offense is about the same (hopefully enough to get by) but we straight smothered them last night.  We may not win pretty but you don't have to in the playoffs.

“He has made progress,” Budenholzer said Wednesday. “We still have to see how the next day or two goes leading into Game 3. We’ll know more over the next couple of days. I would said it’s trending or making good progress. I feel like it’s not something real serious and we are hopeful that he will continue to make progress and we’ll be able to make a decision between now and Game 3 about his availability.”

Edited by rd79

12 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

The difference is that people used to be surprised when Kyle had a really awful shooting game... Now they're surprised when he has a really good shooting game. 

He had an outstanding game tonight. But one good performance every 4 or 5 games is not going to cut it.

That's not on Kyle.  That's on the team for going into this season relying on an aging shooter who had multiple surgeries during the summer.  After all of this he is still the best shooter on the team.  Sure he is declining, but it's not his fault that the Hawks didn't adequately address this. 

18 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

This game made me realize that I think we are seeing the benefits of having Thabo on the floor as well as another year of team defense under our belts. 

Our offense is about the same (hopefully enough to get by) but we straight smothered them last night.  We may not win pretty but you don't have to in the playoffs.

This type of game gets you by some teams in the playoffs, but it wont get you very far.  You cant always count on teams shoot that poorly especially in round 2.  Offense looked good for seven minutes, but after that it was awful.  Have to be able to score against better competition.  The Hawks will get trucked again if they continue to go scoreless for minutes a time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

That's not on Kyle.  That's on the team for going into this season relying on an aging shooter who had multiple surgeries during the summer.  After all of this he is still the best shooter on the team.  Sure he is declining, but it's not his fault that the Hawks didn't adequately address this. 

Maybe he is getting too many minutes, but he is still being paid and his role on the team isn't overly hard.  I mean, is it too much to ask that he make his shots on a consistent basis?

• Like 2