• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Celtics GAME 4

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

If y'all can't admit that Bud is pretty bad with his game management now, I guess you will always wear Rose Bud colored glasses!  On the last defensive stance in regulation, when Boston screened Thabo leaving Korver to guard Thomas who just got to the lane with no resistance....why was Korver in the game in the 1st place???  And I don't have to talk about the last offensive possession.  Totally stupid plan!

6 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I'm so infuriated with Teague right now... it's not even funny.

Yeah most of that last play is on him for STANDING there for 10 seconds. Too worried about making sure its the last shot then getting a bucket. At 8 seconds HE HAS TO GO.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
Just now, Lurker said:

Yeah most of that last play is on him for STANDING there for 10 seconds. Too worried about making sure its the last shot then getting a bucket. At 8 seconds HE HAS TO GO.

I think Bud called the play

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, High5 said:

If we don't have a lead with under a minute left in the game then it's a wrap. I've never seen a team so determined to never do anything right at the end of a game. Teague hits those unreal 3's and then with a chance to win the game he literally DOESN'T MOVE for 10+ seconds and then for the 2nd time this month he doesn't even get a shot off. I've said this a million times now and these game-winning attempts somehow get worse. I just don't understand it. Bud has great calls out of timeouts for the first 47 minutes, but whatever we do after that is just embarrassing. And we're 0-6 in OT now. That's just an extension of those final regulation moments. 

That's what I don't get. When you don't even move outside the arc with the ball until there are less than 3 seconds left it's pretty obvious what you're going to do.  

Dribble into the damn lane!  You don't need a 3 and then at least there is some mystery on whether you will drive, pull up, dish, etc.  If I was coach I'd be laying into him about that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Lurker said:

No it's on the PG for not calling for the pick! Teague may have had two clutch threes but outside of that he played like an idiot tonight!

There was no post up or pick and roll called coming out of the time out so its on the coach

• Like 1

• Moderators

Bud called a completely unimaginative, low % play at the end.  Teague F'd up execution of that bad play call.  Set plays are a weakness of Bud's.  He deserves his share of the blame and Teague deserves criticism on execution of the play call.

• Like 3

Teague has to at least get a shot off in that situation. He didnt play well but he did hit 2 clutch shots.  Hope he makes up for it next game

Props to Sap. Dude was a beast. Glad he showed up but too bad the rest of the team did not

Baze has cost himself money. Just a piss poor shooting effort from him this series

Korver looked dead tired out there. Tim should have played some just to get Kyle a breather

Al smdh. This dude is going to get max money and is not even close to a max player. He was a ghost all night. Camping out at the 3 point line and the few times he did get it in the paint he was kicking it out. Thoroughly disappointed with him.

Two years in a row where Dennis has looked awful in the bright lights. Just a pathetic game from him. Its to the point where I rather see Kirk out there.  I find it hard to believe he will be any worse. Dennis cant hit a shot, takes bad shots, dribbles the air out of the ball, and is not running the offense.

Thabo looks awful too. Add Scott in there

Bench has been a major let down

This is what happens when you cant get right in the draft. Imagine how much better this team would look with Gobert and Hood coming off the bench. Time to get the draft right. This will be an important summer for this team. Changes need to be made

And Bud should be catching a lot of heat for his lack of adjustments, calling timeouts way too late, and his rotations. He is getting out coached by Stephens

And one more thing. Why did Bud call a timeout IN THE FIRST PLACE?  Reggie Miller had  JUST pointed out how on the previous possession, Bud didnt call a timeout and let the PLAYERS play the game. He shouldve done the SAME thing. The Hawks STRENGTH is transition ball. I know he didnt wanna give Boston another shot, but, halfcourt offense isnt the Hawks strength. You let Teague bring the ball up and run a quick high pick with Sap where either he or Sap is shooting in RHYTHM.  Who cares if the Celtics have about 3 or 4 seconds or so. You put the pressure on them to come back the other way.

Edited by Hawkmoor