• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford

timdawg777

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Horford is playing through a groin injury so....yeah. Continue with the hate.

Really?  I hadn't heard that.   If that's the case then it really begs the question of why humphries didn't see the floor last night.    I love Al and all but he was awful.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I heard that hinted at during the BOS series so I hate that injury (again) appears to be hitting us at the wrong spot(s).

Still, we've seen him play like this when healthy so I wouldn't be too up in arms at the criticism he's receiving.

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

I heard that hinted at during the BOS series so I hate that injury (again) appears to be hitting us at the wrong spot(s).

Still, we've seen him play like this when healthy so I wouldn't be too up in arms at the criticism he's receiving.

Exactly.  This is the type of game he had routinely in the first half of the year.   I thought he'd turned a corner.  Hopefully it's a one game blip.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I wouldn't blame him for leaving ATL then.  He deserves the 5 year max.  Maybe Hawks and Horford could compromise and give him a 2 year 50 mil  with a player option(similar to what LeBron got from CLE) so he can get the 35 percent mega-max in 2017 instead of the 30 percent max he'd get if he signed this year.

That way Al gets paid and free to go if ATL don't want to give him the 100+ mil and if ATL wants to go young in 2017-18 with Dennis, Hardaway, etc. they won't have to worry about long term salary in the way since Teague, Korver, Millsap (ETO), Scott will all be free agents next summer.

Sorry Big Dog... But unless your name is Kobe, your contract has nothing to do with what you did in the past, it's a projection of what you can do in the future.   This Horf is SAWFT....  Back in the day he was a little better, but two peck tears later, he is too soft for the max.  5 years 90 million is as much as LaMarcus Aldridge is making.    Nuff said there.  Honestly, Dwight Howard and Whiteside are starting to look a little better.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The problem is it is so hard to tell if he is hurt or just going through a passive phase.  Is he so hurt he can't post up Delly?  Is it impacting his ability to shoot the ball?  We don't know and the injury isn't so glaring that it is easy to tell.

What is on Bud is that whether it is injury or play, Scott first and Humphries second (depending on whether it is rebounding or offense needed) need more minutes at Horford's expense when he is playing like yesterday.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Really?  I hadn't heard that.   If that's the case then it really begs the question of why humphries didn't see the floor last night.    I love Al and all but he was awful.

He was horrible.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yep

4 hours ago, AHF said:

The problem is it is so hard to tell if he is hurt or just going through a passive phase.  Is he so hurt he can't post up Delly?  Is it impacting his ability to shoot the ball?  We don't know and the injury isn't so glaring that it is easy to tell.

What is on Bud is that whether it is injury or play, Scott first and Humphries second (depending on whether it is rebounding or offense needed) need more minutes at Horford's expense when he is playing like yesterday.

Yep.  He seemed OK enough on defense.  On offense - pppppeeeeeeew!

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Sorry Big Dog... But unless your name is Kobe, your contract has nothing to do with what you did in the past, it's a projection of what you can do in the future.   This Horf is SAWFT....  Back in the day he was a little better, but two peck tears later, he is too soft for the max.  5 years 90 million is as much as LaMarcus Aldridge is making.    Nuff said there.  Honestly, Dwight Howard and Whiteside are starting to look a little better.

I'm just playing devil's advocate. Lamarcus signed a max deal - 4 years 80 mil. The max this year is different since the cap went up. I don't think Dwight or Whiteside fits the team's culture. Dwight is realistic coming to ATL since they wanted him for years, however, I can't see Whiteside leaving Miami.

My personal opinion on the matter is ATL needs to make some moves. Don't let just resigning Horford be the only move to improve the team. I would only sign Horford to a 2 year 50 mil deal (max salary money for 2 years) with a player option just to be fair. Horford gets paid and could leave at the same time with Teague, Korver, Millsap if the team decides to go young and if he was to get hurt again, he'd have 25 mil in 2017-18 and test FA again summer 2018. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I'm just playing devil's advocate. Lamarcus signed a max deal - 4 years 80 mil. The max this year is different since the cap went up. I don't think Dwight or Whiteside fits the team's culture. Dwight is realistic coming to ATL since they wanted him for years, however, I can't see Whiteside leaving Miami.

My personal opinion on the matter is ATL needs to make some moves. Don't let just resigning Horford be the only move to improve the team. I would only sign Horford to a 2 year 50 mil deal (max salary money for 2 years) with a player option just to be fair. Horford gets paid and could leave at the same time with Teague, Korver, Millsap if the team decides to go young and if he was to get hurt again, he'd have 25 mil in 2017-18 and test FA again summer 2018. 

I would sign Horf to a longer deal with shorter money and try to get one more free agent Swing man in the process.

I would love to get Batum or Barnes.

I know many would love KD.

Whatever we do, it has to be getting better and Horf is declining so giving him the max is out of the question in my mind.   But I would give him a good deal that's longer than what he could get anywhere else.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I would sign Horf to a longer deal with shorter money and try to get one more free agent Swing man in the process.

Whatever we do, it has to be getting better and Horf is declining so giving him the max is out of the question in my mind.   But I would give him a good deal that's longer than what he could get anywhere else.

This seems to be the right solution if the Hawks feel they just have to keep Horford.  And I think it works as other teams may not offer the full max after watching these playoffs.

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

I wonder would he take that. 

Yeah they'd be perfect especially Barnes since he's younger.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Even though the dude is a winner... I'm sicc of his baby bottom soft play...... all aboard  Hassan Whiteside ship?????

You will not be relieved of frustrations on that ship.