• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This game was the perfect example of why i cant stand Hawks ownership.

Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

All this nut hugging of Lebron got to stop. Lebron aint the reason that Cleveland keeps beating Atlanta.  Cleveland keeps beating Atlanta because their shooters can SHOOT the ball.  Atlanta gets just as many open looks at the basket WITHOUT a superstar, that Cleveland does.  Atlanta's problem is the open man cant shoot. They got bazemore, thabo, dennis, etc. while Cleveland got love, j.r., irving, etc.

Has NOTHING to do with Lebron. In fact, Atlanta did what i said they should do all along, which is to let lebron shoot the jumper and close out the drives to the paint. Lebron was dribbling INTO the defense, not passing out of it.

Last night was an exhibition of good shooting.  They have been coached better.   We didn't lose primarily because of Lebron.  It started with Kyrie hitting everything in the third.  Sorry but we just didn't keep up.  I would have liked to see us focus more on 2s when we had the lead.  Moreover, Lebron was disruptive on defense.  He goes in and just takes the ball.  SO the gameplan has to be ball movement away from Lebron.

We're not strong enough inside.

GS is better because they have Draymond and Bogut.

Horf can play inside but doesn't do it enough.  Sap can play inside but doesn't do it enough.  Having Kris out there helped but it would be better if we had a horse.  It's unfortunate that we can't keep the same guys and get D12 from his prime.

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Sothron said:

I hate to sound like a broken record but you aren't winning titles without superstars. We have zero on the team. We will remain without any real chance of winning one until that changes.

Well tell me...

What superstar would stop what's going on now??

Don't say KD.. .He doesn't play enough defense to stop a team shooting damn near 50% from three?

Right now, Cleveland is playing two tiers above us and maybe a tier above everybody else.

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Well tell me...

What superstar would stop what's going on now??

Don't say KD.. .He doesn't play enough defense to stop a team shooting damn near 50% from three?

Right now, Cleveland is playing two tiers above us and maybe a tier above everybody else.

We couldn't  defend or score last night in the 4th quarter.

Here's  how Durant would help last night - we more than likely not go scoreless for 5/6 minutes in the 4th. So even though you think Durant wouldn't  help defensively he would  help on offense. Maybe just maybe he offsets the Cavs offense.

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's  how Durant would help last night - we more than likely not go scoreless for 5/6 minutes in the 4th. So even though you think Durant wouldn't  help defensively he would  help on offense. Maybe just maybe he offsets the Cavs offense.

According to the people who keep insisting that Lebron being the focal point makes cleveland know how to shoot the ball, wouldnt durant do the SAME thing for the Hawks? 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Don't get me wrong, if KD's coming, I'm signing him.   However, 2nd chance points & 3s  is more of our problem than scoring.   I'm from the school of outscore the other team.  Well, part of scoring is securing the rebound and getting the ball upcourt... this has been a problem for us.

1) You're freaking out because we didn't acquire Channing Frye as if he's the answer to all of our problems. Mike Scott was having a much better postseason than Frye anyway before the last game. Frye scored a grand total of 3 points in 29 minutes against Detroit and he doesn't do much other than shoot. 

2) You think we had a chance to get Frye over Cleveland. LeBron gets the role players he wants. That's how it has always been.

• Premium Member

The truth is that the gameplan for our Hawks is simple...

Put in Bigs and kill us on second chance points.  Frye just happened to have a career game because we didn't respect his shooting enough to get out there.   BUt best believe, had he been having a bad game, Mozgov would have been next man up.

This is what they know:

They know that they can get us on the switch.  They know that they can drive the lane after we switched.  Either they will have a matchup like Teague on Lebron or Teague on Thompson or everybody protecting the lane and JR and Love wide open outside.  It's not that they are so much better than us, but, it's that our defense to Lebron has this flaw to it.

GS is not going to switch Bogut out.  He's gonna stay in.  Draymond may switch over on Lebron and that's it.   Plus.. they have Big guard like Klay and Livingstone who can step out on JR and give him a big man to contend with.

Detroit didn't switch out Drummond and Detroit controlled the rebounds.  They also had bigs like twin and even Stanley Johnson who could play Lebron.

Korver is too light.. Lebron proved that by driving right through his defense and dunking on him.

Baze is too small.

We need a guy at the wing who has size.

• Moderators

We do need an upgrade at the wings, but the biggest factor in this series is that Cleveland has the best player in the game today.  He is their best defender and does a bit of everything for them on offense.  Even with his suspect jumper, his driving ability creates tons of space on the floor for their shooters and his ability to pass the ball means he can capitalize on those opportunities with consistency.  

For all yall  laughing at my post  in this thread. Timothy Mozgov is better than any big on our bench including Humphries. He would be the first big off our bench and he doesn't even play  for the Cavs. Iman Shumpert  is a much better player than  THJ whom we traded the 15th pick in the draft for. He would be our first guard  off the bench. Bottom line is championship teams  bench looks very different ours. We need to have very little drop off when the bench comes in because we don't have Superstar. If someone can do the Superstar dance and make one fall from the heavens then this bench is fine. If not we need to seek  veteran presence  with playoff experience or 1-3 scoring option experience.