• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Are we sure we don't want this guy?

JTB

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What about Tavares?  

Why even continue to draft these project bigs, if they're never going to get a chance to contribute?

That's what they are.. Projects.   If they turn out.. great.  Mainly, we do it to stuff them overseas for some time.   Tavares may have something but he doesn't have enough in the tank to make us not look at other free agents.   He's like Moose.

On 5/26/2016 at 9:46 AM, JTB said:

Joakim Noah looks like he fits this team of quick bigs that can move their feet well and he's one hell of a passer! These highlights are from just last season:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jPCMi6GUrgo

The guy has just been injured the lately but I don't believe they are injuries that should keep bud away from picking him up in free agency. He could really help on the glass and play in space defensively like sap and Horford.

I doubt he'd come if he can't stay alongside Horford. I personally think signing Noah would be Splitter 2.0. 

On 5/26/2016 at 10:37 AM, Hawkmoor said:

Yeap, they was talking about Noah on the game this morning. Ive always said the Hawks drafted the wrong guy out of florida. If Noah is damaged goods,  sign him and bring him off the bench. If he can start, package Sap and Teague.

Yeap, they was talking about Noah on the game this morning. Ive always said the Hawks drafted the wrong guy out of florida. If Noah is damaged goods,  sign him and bring him off the bench. If he can start, package Sap and Teague and go after that scorer they need.

Millsap is the Hawks' best player. They'd be dumb to get rid of him.

On 5/26/2016 at 11:57 AM, JTB said:

I figured he would be cheap since the last 2 years he was injured. Im thinking we may get a steal with him on a 1 + 1 year contract, 2nd year player option maybe around 8m on a prove your worth type of contract.

I figured he would be cheap since the last 2 years he was injured. Im thinking we may get a steal with him on a 1 + 1 year contract, 2nd year player option maybe around 8m on a prove your worth type of contract.

Since LA got cap space, I could imagine he'll use LA as leverage to get a raise.  

On May 27, 2016 at 6:40 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What about Tavares?  

Why even continue to draft these project bigs, if they're never going to get a chance to contribute?

I agree. I think Edy has some more growing to do but have faith in the Hawks Staff, from trainers to coaches. I think he does well in Summer League and he's with the big club next year.