• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With Whiz, Jeff! Ask for One With Whiz!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, LikejRod29 said:

What do you think about that. 

I think it's intriguing! If it goes down on draft night, we'll see if it's just one domino of many. Whether Jeff gets dealt or not, I do hope Atlanta will continue shopping around. The key word in this rumored deal is "package", so the other components may make this deal more palatable.

~lw3

• Like 4

• Moderators

One wild card question with this deal is: if Noel is going to be groomed into a reliable starter, it's for who(m)? (I never know whether to use who or whom, but you know the two guys I'm referring to.)

~lw3

• Like 2

What would this mean for the front court? Al/Paul/Tiago/Nerlens/Muscala/Edy is kinda crowded. This is ominous of larger changes if it happens.

Nope I can't believe this unless bud has huge trust in Dennis scoring ability. Teague is our 2nd best scorer and giving him away for anyone other than okafor doesn't make sense to me for a team that struggles to score. I'm sure we could trade for okafor who can score and rebound.

trading for nerlens even in a package isn't going to be as attractive as trading for okafor. I like Noel and all but he's all defense only and may be a good rebounder if he reaches his full potential but scoring ...we aren't getting anything out from Noel when it comes to scoring 

okafor or no deal...we mind as well resign humphries and keep Jeff 

8 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

The guy running hoopinion (full disclosure: I forgot they exist! Gotta go check them out sometime.) weighs in with his immediate take.

~lw3

That's true....that trade will clear cap space with either Noel or okafor doesn't matter. The question is who has more potential? 

Have no fear Nerlens is here! 

^Has a ring to it

Anywho I would love this move. He's exactly what we need as a BACKUP center. Someone who can defend inside an out with a lot of energy plus snag a few boards an get some second chance points for our iffy second unit scoring wise. Not only all of that, but he is on a rookie contract so we GET money in return. Love it if the deal is actually in place. 

If we go with Schröder and Noel, I would just trade Millsap and Korver too for young players and picks.

Losing Teague and Horford to gain Noel isn't making us contenders.

But it would put us on the right path to a rebuild.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

What would this mean for the front court? Al/Paul/Tiago/Nerlens/Muscala/Edy is kinda crowded. This is ominous of larger changes if it happens.

Kinda wonder that too.  Clearly more must be afoot.

Not overly excited about trading a starter/all-star for a guy who could end up just being situational or a backup. :ermm:  Surely we're not getting a lotto pick out of the deal so ... what gives.

5 minutes ago, RWF said:

If we go with Schröder and Noel, I would just trade Millsap and Korver too for young players and picks.

Losing Teague and Horford to gain Noel isn't making us contenders.

But it would put us on the right path to a rebuild.

Who said we losing Horford?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kinda wonder that too.  Clearly more must be afoot.

Not overly excited about trading a starter/all-star for a guy who could end up just being situational or a backup. :ermm:  Surely we're not getting a lotto pick out of the deal so ... what gives.

Noel is a beast. He just isn't in the right system. One of the best natural defenders in the NBA. Offensively, he has potential to be decent.

• Like 1