• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With Whiz, Jeff! Ask for One With Whiz!

lethalweapon3

12 minutes ago, GameTime said:

And he can shut down the paint. He has Ben Wallace defensive potential.

Not gon lie this is pretty damn impressive! But the hawks are good at defense as it is with Millsap and Horford. It doesn't help to get a young defending piece to go along with them however but we still need a scorer.

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Now you want to dismantle the team because we couldn't beat Lebron??

Um, correct. We haven't beat Lebron in 1 playoff game in his entire career. He is the East. What makes you think we are getting past him, let alone win 1 game?

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Teague did not play like an allstar nor do I expect him to get back to that level at 30. We are losing a guy who lost playing time to a backup pg

Well, in 3 years when he's 30, that will be interesting to see.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yeah.  You Jerking your knees really hard too.   We were just a freakin 60 win team.  Now you want to dismantle the team because we couldn't beat Lebron??  I have been through 4 Hawks rebuilds and the lesson that it taught me was that winning teams don't rebuild.   They reload.

You think the Spurs are rebuilding?  You think the Warriors or the Thunder or the Cavs are talking rebuild??  Rebuilding is always a dumb idea because you make all these moves and in the end, you end up no farther than you were before and worse... you lose credibility.

Exactly theres no need to rebuild but to retool every off season if we are continuing to make the playoffs. I don't think a trade for Noel means horford or millsap goes anywhere but it may mean Humphries won't be returning and Splitter will get cut with the stretch provision possibly. I think Bud will have noel off the bench to mold him into a better player.

But we cant trade teague for noel straight up...there has to be another player maybe robert covington who would really make this deal intriguing then.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, RWF said:

Um, correct. We haven't beat Lebron in 1 playoff game in his entire career. He is the East. What makes you think we are getting past him, let alone win 1 game?

What difference would it have made.    Should Detroit Rebuild?

Sometimes you have to appreciate your team and try to make it better instead of just starting over.   Starting over is fools gold.  There's no guarantee of anything better coming  from a rebuild.  Moreover, where will you be when we're 20-62, 24-58, 30-52???  I can imagine that you will be somewhere calling for Bud's head...

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Exactly theres no need to rebuild but to retool every off season if we are continuing to make the playoffs. I don't think a trade for Noel means horford or millsap goes anywhere but it may mean Humphries won't be returning and Splitter will get cut with the stretch provision possibly. I think Bud will have noel off the bench to mold him into a better player.

But we cant trade teague for noel straight up...there has to be another player maybe robert covington who would really make this deal intriguing then.

IF we get a guy like Covington and a draft pick.. then I won't be mad about the trade.    However, I don't think Noel is a bench player for long so maybe he's just insurance for now and will be groomed to take over.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What difference would it have made.    Should Detroit Rebuild?

Sometimes you have to appreciate your team and try to make it better instead of just starting over.   Starting over is fools gold.  There's no guarantee of anything better coming  from a rebuild.  Moreover, where will you be when we're 20-62, 24-58, 30-52???  I can imagine that you will be somewhere calling for Bud's head...

If this deal goes through, Korver is done. Horford a FA. So even if you don't agree with me, Millsap is the only guy left that is in the middle of our argument of 'rebuild' vs 'thinking we can still be a fluke 60 win team'.

I said I would rather trade Millsap since he has value (#3 pick maybe?), and get improvement on the future (our next top 2 players are young - Dennis and Noel). Keeping a 30 year old PF with them isn't improving nothing.

Edited by RWF

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

IF we get a guy like Covington and a draft pick.. then I won't be mad about the trade.    However, I don't think Noel is a bench player for long so maybe he's just insurance for now and will be groomed to take over.

He is a restricted agent after next year, so if he doesn't play more than 10-15 minutes he could potentially lose money.

Probably so....I can see him starting some games and bud mixing it up. I don't see anything wrong with that.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RWF said:

If this deal goes through, Korver is done. Horford a FA. So even if you don't agree with me, Millsap is the only guy left that is in the middle of our argument of 'rebuild' vs 'thinking we can still be a fluke 60 win team'.

I said I would rather trade Millsap since he has value (#3 pick maybe?), and get improvement on the future (our next top 2 players are young - Dennis and Noel). Keeping a 30 year old PF with them isn't improving nothing.

Millsap is an allstar who is worth the money.  Horford is probably 90% going to be back.  While Korver is done as a starter, he has lots of value as 6th man.   Moroever, we have a guy like Scott who has lots of potential as well.   Our team is not ragedy, we're just in need of some tweaking.  IF moving Jeff is going to help us, then I want to see a good move come out of it.  But not getting rid of everybody.  That's the plan of a child who has grown tired of his toys on Christmas day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RWF said:

I said I would rather trade Millsap since he has value (#3 pick maybe?), and get improvement on the future (or next top 2 players are young - Dennis and Noel). Keeping a 30 year old PF with them isn't improving nothing.

Cant have a full team of young player without any good veterans mixed in there. No need to throw away all of our valuable assets if we make this trade and don't count on it...Bud believes in CONTINUITY  he's said it a million times. They are trying to build a culture in atlanta similar to the spurs you cant depend on a ton of young players and no veterans to help you do that. 

Millsap is an allstar who is worth the money.  Horford is probably 90% going to be back.  While Korver is done as a starter, he has lots of value as 6th man.   Moroever, we have a guy like Scott who has lots of potential as well.   Our team is not ragedy, we're just in need of some tweaking.  IF moving Jeff is going to help us, then I want to see a good move come out of it.  But not getting rid of everybody.  That's the plan of a child who has grown tired of his toys on Christmas day.

If Christmas lasted for 9 straight years and your bigger brother kept stomping on them while wearing a #23 jersey to the point of the toys' arms breaking off. Then sure.

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Millsap is truly overrated on here. Horford makes a lot of players look better than they really are. He's very good but he can be replaced by a good SF plus top 5 picks.

• Like 2

Our team identity is playing great defense and ball movement.  With this move we are getting a player that has DPOY potential.  He is not as bad as some of y'all are making him out to be on offense, he averaged 4 less ppg than jeff Teague.  This will be easily replaced.

We have been swept 2 straight years by the cavs and y'all want to bring back the same team?  With this move we solidify our paint defense, allowing the focus in the draft and free agency to go the the wings.   

I keep seeing people in here talk about retooling. That starts with trading Teague.  We will NEVER win a championship or make the finals with him as our starting PG.  This is a PG driven league, Teague is a top 15 PG, Schröder has the potential to be better.  Also, Schröder is a competitor and the same can't be said about Teague, this means Schröder wants the last shot he wants to guard curry.  Schröder has spot started the past two seasons and performed well. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I have a new thought.

Many of us had trouble digesting paying Al a max contract after his soft play this year.

Maybe this trade is Bud's way of getting rid of the Al conundrum altogether.  

Doesn't it make sense for us to just Let Al walk.   ON July 1, we just renounce him.   Make the deal for Noel and maybe Covington.   Then  Go free agent shopping with:

roughly 43 Million dollars after we renounce Hinrich.

What could we get with all that money?

Can you say:   Dennis, Baze, Durant, Millsap, and Noel...

That would be one helluva Defensive team that would put butts in seats.

If not Durant, maybe they see Harrison Barnes as a guy to build around?

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I have a new thought.

Many of us had trouble digesting paying Al a max contract after his soft play this year.

Maybe this trade is Bud's way of getting rid of the Al conundrum altogether.  

Doesn't it make sense for us to just Let Al walk.   ON July 1, we just renounce him.   Make the deal for Noel and maybe Covington.   Then  Go free agent shopping with:

roughly 43 Million dollars after we renounce Hinrich.

What could we get with all that money?

Can you say:   Dennis, Baze, Durant, Millsap, and Noel...

That would be one helluva Defensive team that would put butts in seats.

If not Durant, maybe they see Harrison Barnes as a guy to build around?

Diesel managed to get rid of Al again y'all.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Diesel managed to get rid of Al again y'all.  

But it ain't a Diesel party til he nets us Dwhine Howard.

I think Supes is hinting at another rebuild coming that builds around Al Horford at power forward for good which I doubt helps his production personally but that's as far as I'll go negatively (for me he's a good but not GREAT player IMHO).

I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle Korver and Paul Millsap also get traded if true.