• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

With Whiz, Jeff! Ask for One With Whiz!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Because Parker was a Finals MVP,  SIX time all-star, a 3x all-NBA 2nd team and 1x all-NBA 3rd team. All things Teague isn't/wasn't....

And when his last contract came up.  He was 32 years old.  He was coming off of 3 straight years of playing less than 70 games.   And he had Patty Mills and Corey Joseph playing beside him at the PG and not doing so bad.. either.    But you didn't see the Spurs even attempt to find a trade Partner to get them some "bench help" for their aging PG.  When you're going up for your contract, that stuff that you mentioned from years previous... don't matter.

Horford is mandatory to resign unless we are signing Durant. Other then that, Horford is mandatory. 

How Sway? If we give him the max, how does this team get better? When will we find a proper starting SF. If Bazemore leaves that's 2 spots that need to be filled. I think Ferry messed up giving players 2 year contracts and now we can't keep the team together long enough to see how good they truly could become.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

@kg01, "Hey bro!  Stay away from my mom."

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Hey, I'm adhering to Soth's no-insults mandate so you're getting off easy here.  Speaking of m ... naaah, I'm not going there (hehe).

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

And when his last contract came up.  He was 32 years old.  He was coming off of 3 straight years of playing less than 70 games.   And he had Patty Mills and Corey Joseph playing beside him at the PG and not doing so bad.. either.    But you didn't see the Spurs even attempt to find a trade Partner to get them some "bench help" for their aging PG.  When you're going up for your contract, that stuff that you mentioned from years previous... don't matter.

First of all.. He was coming off of THREE straight All-star appearances. And more importantly, the Spurs just won the title. Why would they change it up? Also, Patty Milles and Corey Joseph weren't close to Parker's level at the time, unlike how Schröder is pretty equal to Teague.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So you think Joe was a star because he made the Allstar team and you equate Horford to Ryan Anderson?     Notice how teams are desperate to hang onto Ryan Anderson.

No, I was using Anderson as an example.  OLD Horf eats Anderson for lunch... Maybe that's it.. maybe many of us are reminiscing about OLD HORF.  The guy who snagged rebounds from KG and who Punked Paul Pierce.  However, New Horf gives plays 36 minutes and gives us 1 or 2 rebounds?  Not just once or twice, but several times during the season and in the playoffs.   The New Horf shies away from contact in the paint.   The New Horf is on the 3 point line with his hands outstretched when we need somebody down low to get us sure points.  The New Horf is a shell of OLD HORF.  Therefore, when I look at the New Horf trying to be Dirk or Ryan Anderson.. I realize that this is about extending his career.   Horf is trying to transform himself into a stretch 4 because he wants to extend his career and get paid more.   If that be the case and the new softer, gentler Horf is what we have to look forward to, then I would rather pay Ryan Anderson 1/2 the money and get a better soft stretch 4.

It's time to get real Hawksquawk...  THE OLD HORF IS NOT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The New Horf has to play defense on the perimeter to protect guys that you like a lot more than him on the team from being exposed on defense. Jeff Teague is one culprit here.

Just FWIW.

Edited by Lurker

My bad,  thread title appeared to have nothing to do with this trade scenario.  Anyway, i like the move.  It gives the Hawks OPTIONS upfront.  Do they sign and trade Horford? Do they keep him and play either Sap or Noel off the bench.  They could play a big three of Sap, Al and Noel at times.  It gives them options. Acquiring Covington and Sauskus or whatever his name is would be big bonus points.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No, I was using Anderson as an example.  OLD Horf eats Anderson for lunch... Maybe that's it.. maybe many of us are reminiscing about OLD HORF.  The guy who snagged rebounds from KG and who Punked Paul Pierce.  However, New Horf gives plays 36 minutes and gives us 1 or 2 rebounds?  Not just once or twice, but several times during the season and in the playoffs.   The New Horf shies away from contact in the paint.   The New Horf is on the 3 point line with his hands outstretched when we need somebody down low to get us sure points.  The New Horf is a shell of OLD HORF.  Therefore, when I look at the New Horf trying to be Dirk or Ryan Anderson.. I realize that this is about extending his career.   Horf is trying to transform himself into a stretch 4 because he wants to extend his career and get paid more.   If that be the case and the new softer, gentler Horf is what we have to look forward to, then I would rather pay Ryan Anderson 1/2 the money and get a better soft stretch 4.

It's time to get real Hawksquawk...  THE OLD HORF IS NOT WALKING THROUGH THAT DOOR.

So you're longing for the old Horf who snagged rebounds and you would rather pay Ryan Anderson than trade for Noel?   Makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So why are hawks trying to trade for Noel and not Okafor? Isn't Okafor a better player?

Is he?  He's certainly the bigger 'name', 'prospect', etc. but Okafor has some major holes in his game.  Rebounding, defense, effort, professionalism being deficient all negate his supposed offensive talent.  I'd like him with Sap/Horford to teach him but if I'm PHI I can get a better deal than Jeff+ for Okafor.

Just now, kg01 said:

Is he?  He's certainly the bigger 'name', 'prospect', etc. but Okafor has some major holes in his game.  Rebounding, defense, effort, professionalism being deficient all negate his supposed offensive talent.  I'd like him with Sap/Horford to teach him but if I'm PHI I can get a better deal than Jeff+ for Okafor.

Teague is enough for either one of those players, but knowing this team, they will piss away a first round pick in the trade too.

6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

My bad,  thread title appeared to have nothing to do with this trade scenario.  Anyway, i like the move.  It gives the Hawks OPTIONS upfront.  Do they sign and trade Horford? Do they keep him and play either Sap or Noel off the bench.  They could play a big three of Sap, Al and Noel at times.  It gives them options. Acquiring Covington and Sauskus or whatever his name is would be big bonus points.

Hawkmoor tried to put Millsap at the 3 again, guys. Not happening, ever.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Teague is enough for either one of those players, but knowing this team, they will piss away a first round pick in the trade too.

Not really if you think of it from PHI's perspective.  Remember it's not just what we want.

I was sort of excited when I started reading about this.  I haven't seen Nerlins play that much, but with everyone talking about his rebounding, I decided to look it up.  8.1 rebounds in 30 minutes average over his first two years?   That rebounding figure does not really excite me too much.  We need a 10+ rebounds per game guy.  Don't understand all the hoopla.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He doesn't have to start. He can be  great 3rd big.  With that said, Denver and Atlanta was hot on a deal during ASB and Atlanta pulled out because of making a playoff run. It wouldn't surprise me if Millsap was traded for Gallinari and the #7 and 15th pick.

Brah, I already posted this trade on the trade forum about a month ago. If you gonna copy my shit, then cite your sources and don't pawn the ideas off as your own. #originator1stplace

Edited by Spud2Nique