• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

With Whiz, Jeff! Ask for One With Whiz!

lethalweapon3

Diesel.....I'm pretty sure that Al wasn't going rogue by being in position to shoot 3's this year. I'm actually pretty sure if Bud thought it was hurting the team and needed him down low more, the coach makes that call.  Only if you can read Al's thoughts can you justifiably claim  he's extending his career by becoming less physical.  Unless you have evidence where he has said as much, any claim is about as meaningful as the fart I just let go out of my arse.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Eddielives said:

Diesel.....I'm pretty sure that Al wasn't going rogue by being in position to shoot 3's this year. I'm actually pretty sure if Bud thought it was hurting the team and needed him down low more, the coach makes that call.  Only if you can read Al's thoughts can you justifiably claim  he's extending his career by becoming less physical.  Unless you have evidence where he has said as much, any claim is about as meaningful as the fart I just let go out of my arse.

Offensive schemes is one thing.  However, haven't you watched the same games I have?  I mean when there's a rebound coming off, Al is close to position and just doesn't make any moves toward the ball.  He has no fight in a contract year.  What's left?

48 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No... I said, If we do the trade (meaning we did get Noel) I would rather sign Anderson for half the money than to resign Horf for the max.    It's the same thing right.   IF you expect Noel to BU HORF and provide the rebounding and Blocking that we don't get from Horf, wouldn't he do the same for Anderson??

Moreover, Anderson last year put up 17/6/1 with 36.6% from 3 playing as a stretch PF.. compared to Horf's 15/7/ 3 with 34% from 3.

Save the money and get a real stretch 4.

You aren't getting Anderson for half of what you are paying Al.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Please try to restrain your posts to a discussion about the trade. If you're getting in the weeds with other posters about the merits of players not mentioned in this trade, you're straying too far off topic.

~lw3

burp.

~lw3

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Folks, it's Friday! Chillax, y'all!

I'm calling our super-poster "Diesel-vedova," 'cause he's got me tossing warnings out to other posters left and right today!

Disagree without being disagreeable. If you cannot agree, move on! It's Friday!

Please try to restrain your posts to a discussion about the trade. If you're getting in the weeds with other posters about the merits of players not mentioned in this trade, you're straying too far off topic.

It's Friday!

~lw3

Aka Keep calm, pretend you're lw3 with a huge snake below the belt and go to bed happy. Lol

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

You talking about Al at the Max? 

What team is going to pay a 15/7/2 C   $25 Million a year for the next 5 years when he's already over 30...   Especially one that has had 2 pec tears.

The same teams willing to max him out right now. Minny, Boston, Houston, and number of other teams. We are not the only team willing to max him out.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Any updates from the radio spot?

Paraphras-a-palooza…

((Sorry, I missed a Q or two, went to 680 to avoid 92.9’s annoying ads and forgot to turn back.))

Q (Mark Zinno, 92.9 FM): Brett Brown and Bud know each other (i.e., Spurs), so it seems like some kind of deal would work out between these teams.

A (Shams Charania, The Vertical): I do expect Philadelphia to go after a top-flight PG somehow… Starting-caliber… something that obviously Jeff Teague would provide… the relationship wouldn’t hurt but I can’t believe that would be the basis of it.

Q: What about (any interest in) Jahlil Okafor?

A: I haven’t heard anything about that, as far as this scenario. For ATL they have a decision to make this summer soon. Clarity is going to be coming soon. We’ve been hearing all summer as far as whether they’re going to break up their core. These are the types of dialogues/scenarios that are still to come.

Q: Horf? Max deal?

A: I’m told they’re going to be headstrong about re-signing him to the Max. There are motivations on both sides. I heard Al had a B’day party in ATL ((boy, did we miss this or what? Happy 30th!)) where lots of Hawks staff/players came.

Brief NBA Finals discussion afterwards

~lw3

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Paraphras-a-palooza…

((Sorry, I missed a Q or two, went to 680 to avoid 92.9’s annoying ads and forgot to turn back.))

Q (Mark Zinno, 92.9 FM): Brett Brown and Bud know each other (i.e., Spurs), so it seems like some kind of deal would work out between these teams.

A (Shams Charania, The Vertical): I do expect Philadelphia to go after a top-flight PG somehow… Starting-caliber… something that obviously Jeff Teague would provide… the relationship wouldn’t hurt but I can’t believe that would be the basis of it.

A: I haven’t heard anything about that, as far as this scenario. For ATL they have a decision to make this summer soon. Clarity is going to be coming soon. We’ve been hearing all summer as far as whether they’re going to break up their core. These are the types of dialogues/scenarios that are still to come.

A: I’m told they’re going to be headstrong about re-signing him to the Max. There are motivations on both sides. I heard Al had a B’day party in ATL ((boy, did we miss this or what? Happy 30th!)) where lots of Hawks staff/players came.

~lw3

Not shocked they are head strong on keeping Horford! Good thing with the trade it allows us to be deeper and groom young players.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Paraphras-a-palooza…

~lw3

Good to hear 

5 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I'm a step or two slow today, but did someone post this already, re: Jeffrey's contract?

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-timing-is-crucial-for-trade-kickers/

I'm still trying to compute whether that means the theoretical deal should/could/would happen in June (pre-draft/post-draft) or after July 1.

~lw3

I read it as 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Before July 1, JT gets 800k split two ways, after July 1 he gets if all for one season. Maybe if it were to happen before July 1 we would pay part of the 15/16 kicker with his salary?  Whatever works to get it done.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

What's the knock on Okafor? Why wouldn't  we be interested? 

He's a low post big man. A perfect guy for 1980's and 90's ball but for today's game he's not a great fit. You want some agile defensive quick outside shooting bigs these days.

Bud finally realizing what's needed in a championship level C by watching the playoffs.  All the true contenders don't give a damn about scoring and passing from the 5.

They only want 5 qualities:  rim protection, heady PNR defense, high rebound rate, hard screening, and alley-oop ability.  Noel checks 3 of those boxes from the little I know.  Hump can account for the screening and rebounding he lacks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Goddamnit! I missed the insultfest!

Recap: Someone (no names mentioned) dissed Horford. Then someone else (no names mentioned) called that person an uniformed individual (it was cleaned up a tad).  :-)