• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

With Whiz, Jeff! Ask for One With Whiz!

lethalweapon3

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

Recap: Someone (no names mentioned) dissed Horford. Then someone else (no names mentioned) called that person an uniformed individual (it was cleaned up a tad).  :-)

I'm mad I couldn't get in on it!

tumblr_ldnlnavkta1qzyd6p.gif

shhhh, shhh, Lucinda.  We'll get them next time.

I can't believe I read 33 pages of this. Noone  should question my fan hood now. The amount of non sense in this thread made it difficult, but I pushed through. 

In a real big fan of this trade if it's true. Covington and Staukas  would be icing on the cake. Getting Staukas would be like getting a THJ level player for the right value. This is what you pay for a reclamation project. Throw in on a bigger deal or second round pick. I could see him thriving here. Nerlens would definitely play  starters minutes  off the bench here. 

Can you imagine the defense that could be played with Schröder, Random  citizen(SG), Thabo, Horford and Nerlens  on the court together?  Filthy just Filthy.

The biggest difference between us and Golden  State  defensively is they only have Curry that  sometimes  needs help defensively,  but Curry looks like Gary  Payton compared to Teague and  Curry has  really  improved defensively.  GS can switch everything and when they do switch bigs on the perimeter the splash brothers actually  are physical and box out bigs. Trading Teague makes our D much more like Golden States where less helping is needed and you can stay home on Cleveland shooters. Nerlens will have a Draymond Green like effect defensively. With his ability to guard  on the perimeter, rebound and block shots. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

I can't believe I read 33 pages of this. Noone  should question my fan hood now. The amount of non sense in this thread made it difficult, but I pushed through. 

In a real big fan of this trade if it's true. Covington and Staukas  would be icing on the cake. Getting Staukas would be like getting a THJ level player for the right value. This is what you pay for a reclamation project. Throw in on a bigger deal or second round pick. I could see him thriving here. Nerlens would definitely play  starters minutes  off the bench here. 

Can you imagine the defense that could be played with Schröder, Random  citizen(SG), Thabo, Horford and Nerlens  on the court together?  Filthy just Filthy.

The biggest difference between us and Golden  State  defensively is they only have Curry that  sometimes  needs help defensively,  but Curry looks like Gary  Payton compared to Teague and  Curry has  really  improved defensively.  GS can switch everything and when they do switch bigs on the perimeter the splash brothers actually  are physical and box out bigs. Trading Teague makes our D much more like Golden States where less helping is needed and you can stay home on Cleveland shooters. Nerlens will have a Draymond Green like effect defensively. With his ability to guard  on the perimeter, rebound and block shots. 

I don't agree that curry is Gary Payton on defense compared to Teague. If anything Teague is better defensively in my opinion. But anyways I love this trade cause we kill two birds with one stone and will still likely make the playoffs next year. 

We needed a center and a small forward.

Noel is going to be our joakim noah like player when Noah won defensive player of the year in 2013...Noah is a better comparison with all the high energy Noel brings. He isn't as strong as draymond so I'm not expecting him to overpower anyone. Not only all that Noel will get to play some starter like minutes off the bench like you said with the ability to learn from Sap, Horford, & Splitter if he stays around....look at that! A complete effective Big man rotation and Rebounding is fixed! Sap, Horford, Noel, Splitter, & Scott if he doesn't go to jail.

Convington is the perfect SF that bud can develop and hold on to! He has the ability to be yet another 3&D player like DMC and Baze but what's different is this dude attacks the boards hard with his 6'9 frame! Again rebounding is fixed! He will be loved in Atlanta quickly in my prediction if this trade goes through. Thabo will bring him along in defense along with the coaching staff continuing to work with him on his development. Really special player right here!

Nic Statukaus is very intriguing if he comes along in the trade as well! He will most definitely benefit from korver and pick up some defense tips from Thabo and hopefully Bazemore assuming he comes back.

I love the idea of going into next season and beyond with this team:

Starters:

Pg-Dennis 

Sg-Baze

Sf-Convington

Pf-Sap

C-Horford 

Bench:

Pg- veteran free agent or draft pick

Sg- Korver (6th man nominee) / Hardaway jr & Nic Stauskas will continue to develop

Sf-Thabo (behind Thabo I say we draft a SF to develop)

Pf- Scott (If he doesn't go to jail) / Moose if kept

C- Noel (will get some big time minutes at PF and Center / Splitter (Should be kept of this trade goes through)

Im intrigued with the rebounding thus team can have! Need some boards?

Pg-Dennis

Sg-Baze

Sf-Convington

Pf-Sap

C- Noel

these guys will get after the boards hard! It don't get no better than that!

Edited by JTB

3 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

Good post. I especially agree that if they can get all that from Philly for Teague, it would be THE best move the Hawks have made since,  well, maybe ever. I love the present AND upside that Noel brings to the table. If they do this deal, AND, keep Horford, suddenly, the Hawks are right there.  Thats not including whatever they can possibly get at 23 in the draft.

Lastly, as much as i wanted them to go after Howard, this is a waaaaaaay better move.   Noel can bring whatever Howard can, and more.  Adding the extra players to the deal is icing on the cake.

One more thing, lmao.  KEEP Humphries. Let Moose go and possibly Splitter.  Imagine throwing Hump, Horford, Sap, and Noel at Cleveland's frontline. Suddenly Lebron would realize he is not in Kansas anymore.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

One more thing, lmao.  KEEP Humphries. Let Moose go and possibly Splitter.  Imagine throwing Hump, Horford, Sap, and Noel at Cleveland's frontline. Suddenly Lebron would realize he is not in Kansas anymore.

That would be a really nice rotation. It improves our defense and rebounding bringing Noel and Humph off the bench plus all four are pretty capable scorers. Noel's offense  would develop well under our coaching staff.  If Scott is still available we would have some backup offense as well when needed.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Good post. I especially agree that if they can get all that from Philly for Teague, it would be THE best move the Hawks have made since,  well, maybe ever. I love the present AND upside that Noel brings to the table. If they do this deal, AND, keep Horford, suddenly, the Hawks are right there.  Thats not including whatever they can possibly get at 23 in the draft.

Lastly, as much as i wanted them to go after Howard, this is a waaaaaaay better move.   Noel can bring whatever Howard can, and more.  Adding the extra players to the deal is icing on the cake.

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

That would be a really nice rotation. It improves our defense and rebounding bringing Noel and Humph off the bench plus all four are pretty capable scorers. Noel's offense  would develop well under our coaching staff.  If Scott is still available we would have some backup offense as well when needed.

Absolutely loving this! Please get this trade done bud!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Exactly, and add Scott to that bunch, man, the Hawks would have possibly the best frontline in basketball as far as depth goes.  Like i said in another thread, im tired of seeing Sap battle all by himself on the boards because Horford is out in 3 point land hanging out with Stephen Curry and J.R. Smith. Noel changes all that.

stephen-curry-of-the-golden-state-warrio

Smith.jpg

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don't agree that curry is Gary Payton on defense compared to Teague. If anything Teague is better defensively in my opinion.

Fair enough Teague has better physical tools, but is one of the  laziest defenders. Curry is limited physically but gives maximum effort. Did you see Curry defending Lebron on the switch in the post? I don't think he gave an inch. I've never seen Teague give effort like that. He would have become a matador and did some BS flop. I think Curry's bad D is greatly exaggerated; his awareness and effort  is solid. 

I agree with you Nerlens is more like Noah, but the better comparison is Tyson Chandler because Noah is not the athlete Nerlens is. I was comparing his defensive impact in our system to Draymond not saying they are similar players. 

Edited by ATLien_

7 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

Fair enough Teague has better physical tools, but is one of the  laziest defenders. Curry is limited physically but gives maximum effort. Did you see Curry defending Lebron on the switch in the post? I don't think he gave an inch. I've never seen Teague give effort like that. He would have become a matador and did some BS flop. I think Curry's bad D is greatly exaggerated; his awareness and effort  is solid. 

I agree with you Nerlens is more like Noah, but the better comparison is Tyson Chandler because Noah is not the athlete Nerlens is. I was comparing his defensive impact in our system to Draymond not saying they are similar players. 

Teague can't concentrate in Atlanta. Too many ladies running around. I know EXACTLY what his problem is.  When he thought he was gonna be traded at the deadline this year, he cut that mini jheri curl hairdo off and got serious for a minute. ( laugh, but it is what it is).  The dude got that condo right in the middle of magic city ville, lmao.  Up in Philly, where its cold and nothing to do compared to Atlanta, he would have no choice but to think basketball and " how in the hell can i get traded back out of here?"  lmao

Edited by Hawkmoor

Hate to put all this excitement away but this article has a point and the trade would be too good to be true!

https://www.google.com/amp/nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/03/report-robert-covington-and-nik-stauskas-could-be-involved-in-76ers-and-hawks-nerlens-noel-jeff-teague-trade/amp/?client=safari#

"Trading Noel and Covington for Teague would be comical."

what else would philly want without us losing another key player?

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member

I've been skeptical from the start that the trade could be Teague for those three... there has to be more that we're giving up that just hasn't come to light, if it even ever happens at all.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, sturt said:

I've been skeptical from the start that the trade could be Teague for those three... there has to be more that we're giving up that just hasn't come to light, if it even ever happens at all.

I've been lurking on Philly boards and seems like most of them feel the same way (if they don't outright hate the deal).

• Premium Member

I wonder how much traction this all has though...  Normally when we hear stuff like this...it's not long before someone with credibility steps up to shut it down.  While I do see opinions all over the place, but I haven't seen any official "denial" or reports that the talks are dead/stalled.

• Premium Member

There's three problems here.

1.  Philly Fans Homerism.  They would think Westrbook for Noel and Covengton was them giving up too much.

2.  Hawks fans blatant disrespect for all things Jeff Teague.     Hawks fans won't appreciate Teague until he's gone.  That's the bottom line. 

3.  Hawks fans overestimation of Noel.   Noel played on a team that won How many games??    10?

Let get down to brass tax for a minute.  Philadelphia finished 25 in defensive efficiency.  So with Noel starting... the shot blocker/rebounder that he is.. they still finished at the bottom defensively.   Where was his effect??

I think one thing in the article rings true.  Philadelphia will have but one season to grow on Teague.  After that he's a free agent and can go elsewhere.   They basically have to know that playing beside Okafor, Embid, and Simmons will make Teague want to stay and make Max Money.   Secondly, I think that Philly has to find a SG.  A guy like Afflalo might be perfect for them.   If they can swing that, they would move from worst to one of the best.

For us, we plan on benching Noel and signing Horf to the Max?  Really.  Noel is supposed to make up for Al's shortcomings.  When has a max player ever needed a BU who could do what he couldn't do??

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can't see us making this trade and then keeping Horford to start at center. Why trade an All Star PG to get a backup center?

Don't know if Teague makes all star again but anyway we give the more aggressive PG who has better D the minutes and avoid a possibly real uncomfortable PG situation. If we keep Al then the minutes he and Sap aren't on the floor we will have a defensive minded rebounder in the game covering either of their positions. Our game in the paint should improve. Does leave questions as to backup PG minutes. 

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Don't know if Teague makes all star again but anyway we give the more aggressive PG who has better D the minutes and avoid a possibly real uncomfortable PG situation. If we keep Al then the minutes he and Sap aren't on the floor we will have a defensive minded rebounder in the game covering either of their positions. Our game in the paint should improve. Does leave questions as to backup PG minutes. 

This season Jeff Finished 16, 6 , & 3 rpg  Shooting 44% from the field and 40% from 3.

Isaiah Thomas = 22, 6, and 3 with 43% from field and 36% from 3.

John Wall = 19, 10, and 5 with 42% from the field and 35% from 3.

Kyle Lowry = 21, 6, and 5 with  with 42% from the field and 39% from 3.

The biggest difference here is that Teague played an average of 28 mpg compared to guys who played somewhere closer to 37 mpg.   Per 36, he's still a bit behind Wall but definitely better than Thomas and even with Lowry.

Of the allstar PGs, Jeff is definitely the better shooter. My guess is that if he is traded, he will be an allstar or a strong candidate because he won't be splitting time with other PGs and the offense will be focused more on him.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

You know people like Westbrook because he's so aggressive.  However, if you watched the OKC-GS series, one thing that stuck out is that for all of his aggressiveness, Westbrook lacks BBIQ.

Same thing with Derrick Rose.   Aggressive.. Good for highlights, but lacks BBIQ.

I think we see it all the time with Dennis.  But for some reason, we think that Dennis is different, he will grow out of his BBIQ shortcomings.  Because he's such a good PNR player.     Take this one to the bank... We have seen who Dennis is.   He will always be the guy who abandons the offensive gameplan and plays to make himself look better.   Sorta like Westbrook who goes into his own island when he's playing.  The most talented guy on the floor but his team loses because eventually, when the pressure is turned up on him, he abandons the team gameplan...  Westbrook disease.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I can't see us making this trade and then keeping Horford to start at center. Why trade an All Star PG to get a backup center?

Are you forgetting that 3&D Convington is included in this deal? ....that's a huge plus! Nobody would trade Teague for Noel straight up.

Convington is a 3&D player with great size and good athleticism. Dennis, Bazemore, Convington will put up great effort under Bud.